Someone here

Great quote from Zen master on the nature of reality

68 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Osaid said:

"Learn about a pine tree from a pine tree, and about a bamboo plant from a bamboo plant."

That's what I tried to tell @StarStruck, learn about women from other women. He insisted to learn from other men about women. Same thing isn't it.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

12 hours ago, Someone here said:

without falling into the trap of solipsism of thinking the ego is all that exists .

This makes no sense. How can the ego be all that exist when the ego is just a construction. Solipsism doesn't say that. That quote is actually implying Solipsism. You're against Solipsism but you're praising a quote that supports it. "All sentient beings are nothing but the one Mind" "And there is no distinction between the Buddha and sentient beings". What do you think those lines mean.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

1 hour ago, Merkabah Star said:

That is Absolute Solipsism. Also known as Oneness. Same thing. 

Exactly, but he's against Solipsism. 

1 minute ago, Princess Arabia said:

This makes no sense. How can the ego be all that exist when the ego is just a construction. Solipsism doesn't say that. That quote is actually implying Solipsism. You're against Solipsism but you're praising a quote that supports it. "All sentient beings are nothing but the one Mind" "And there is no distinction between the Buddha and sentient beings". What do you think those lines mean.

I was just about to quote that exact comment of his. You beat me to it. 😀

this thread is the exact reason why there are so many Solipsism threads here, some people haven’t got a clue. 

and the OP posting an actual Solipsism thread is next level, laugh out loud. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Merkabah Star said:

I was just about to quote that exact comment of his. You beat me to it. 😀

this thread is the exact reason why there are so many Solipsism threads here, some people haven’t got a clue. 

and the OP posting an actual Solipsism thread is next level, laugh out loud. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂

😍🤣😁😍🤣☺️😍🤣😁😍🤣😁

Instead of solipsism, let's call it zupdidupdiism, and then i will agree. 

zupdidupdiism is too confusing for people. Keep it simple for the simps, yeah. 🤡

if it’s called just “One”, it would probably register for people more easily. As the ego goes into a tail spin at the Solipsism word, cause it’s like poking the bear with a stick. 

Edited by Merkabah Star

Solipsism is stagnation derived from intellect. You can say "1 + 1 = 2", and that is perfectly logical and correct, but it only exists in your intellect. There is no experience of "1 + 1 = 2" aside from the equation itself that you imagine. The mind can infinitely lose itself in correct logic for eternity, because there is an infinite amount of numbers, and so there is an infinite amount of equations. Reality is not something you can derive through logic, it is what contains and generates logic within itself.

You cannot define reality through solipsism because it defines itself through non-existence. It is a figment created by your intellect. It says nothing about what exists, it only tries to define existence through what doesn't exist. It can certainly feel very intellectually satisfying to think about such things without actually making any real progress, though.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

23 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Solipsism is stagnation derived from intellect. You can say "1 + 1 = 2", and that is perfectly logical and correct, but it only exists in your intellect.

At least the equation 1 + 1 = 2 is logically/mathematically sound. You = God on the other hand makes about as much sense as 1 = 57732579533654.

Why so serious?

1 hour ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

At least the equation 1 + 1 = 2 is logically/mathematically sound. You = God on the other hand makes about as much sense as 1 = 57732579533654.

The idea of I=God is equivalent to: reality it is a dream and I am dreaming reality.

According to Leo, only I exist and if I see Bazookajesus and talk to him, it is a product of my imagination without its own reality, a hallucination. I'm creating it right now because I'm bored, or because I want to wake up, or whatever. for Leo awakening is realizing that. So awakening is very similar that psychosis.

Edited by Breakingthewall

58 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

You = God on the other hand makes about as much sense as 1 = 57732579533654.

You = God is a tautology so it is really useless in saying anything. It is like saying 1 = 1 or 2 = 2. You are already exactly what you are. It is just as useful as saying You = You. If you say that the color red is God, it doesn't change anything about the color red, it doesn't become more or less red, it just continues being unique to its own nature, it continues being exactly what it was before. The only relevant question is, do you understand what you actually are and what your true nature is? It doesn't matter what "You" is equal to if you don't know what "You" actually is to begin with. Taking God as an identity is complete delusion and falsehood, as all identities are.

The intellect creates lots of tautologies when it tries to encapsulate reality because it is trying to escape the limits of itself. It's rampant on the forum. You = Love = Infinity = Imagination = yadda yadda yadda. It's like a calculator trying to divide by 0.

The Minecraft analogy I made before is pretty good at exemplifying how silly the whole tautology game is:

The math equation "1 + 1 = 2" is more analagous to the threads you see where people use logic to come to some conclusion about reality. There are no conclusions in reality, there is just logic. Logic can only explain logic, not reality. Reality is the container for logic. For example, "If god is infinite, that means x is equal to y, and y is equal to z" or "If there is only me, that means x doesn't exist outside of y." Stuff like that is all intellect, but the mind has a hard time getting around it because of how correct and logically sound it seems, but it is irrelevant to experience.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

According to Leo, only I exist and if I see Bazookajesus and talk to him, it is a product of my imagination without its own reality, a hallucination. I'm creating it right now because I'm bored, or because I want to wake up, or whatever. for Leo awakening is realizing that. So awakening is very similar that psychosis.

It is a very sneaky and intelligent form of psychosis. It can feel emotionally profound and beautiful. It can seem very intelligent and logical. It can even help you with certain areas in your life. But you can also feel its limits if you pay attention, those limits tell you that you're misguided.

Just now, Osaid said:

It is a very sneaky and intelligent form of psychosis. It can feel emotionally profound and beautiful. It can seem very intelligent and logical. It can even help you with certain areas in your life. But you can also feel its limits if you pay attention, those limits tell you that you're misguided.

Like any psychosis, if you insist on it it will end up exploding in your face.

5 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

That's what I tried to tell @StarStruck, learn about women from other women. He insisted to learn from other men about women. Same thing isn't it.

So what you want me to know about women?

3 hours ago, StarStruck said:

So what you want me to know about women?

That you can learn a lot about women from women. Not saying you can't from men. Not saying you have to go around asking women about women either, even though both is the way too. All I'm saying in response to your remark about how not to listen to women and to do the opposite of what they say, is that you can learn a lot about women by also observing women and taking mental notes.

Edited by Princess Arabia

18 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

That you can learn a lot about women from women. Not saying you can't from men. Not saying you have to go around asking women about women either, even though both is the way too. All I'm saying in response to your remark about how not to listen to women and to do the opposite of what they say, is that you can learn a lot about women by also observing women and taking mental notes.

Direct exp is king. 

26 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Direct exp is king. 

Well, go direct experience other men to learn about men. Doesn't really matter anyway because the women you experience, are only a reflection of you; so in that sense, yeah direct experience is key.

Logic might also be an illusion, in a sense, and language might also be an illusion, etc, in a sense. 

2 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Well, go direct experience other men to learn about men. Doesn't really matter anyway because the women you experience, are only a reflection of you; so in that sense, yeah direct experience is key.

Yea that is what I’m saying. We are saying the same thing but in a different way.