r0ckyreed

Actualized.org's Teachings Support Free Will

36 posts in this topic

Think about it. Leo states that First-Person Subjectivity is all that exists and is all that can be known to exist. Consciousness is Absolute. Qualia is Absolute. Our perceptions/senses/experience is Absolute. 

From this follows that free will is a first-hand subjective experience. I experience myself being able to think of whatever I want to imagine and since I am God, what would stop me from doing so. Determinism assumes that you aren't God, but Leo claims that Consciousness is God and is Absolute and Infinitely Intelligent with no limits. If this is true, then Consciousness has free will within the limits of the human experience. I experience free will; therefore free will exists.

It is determinism that is concept and imagination because you are imagining all these brains, neurons, and synapses. But free will is what is ACTUAL. Too many people straw man free will. Free will doesn't mean you can do whatever you want. Free will means that you are able to do whatever you want within the confines of the human body and laws of physics (which of course are part your unconscious creation/will). Of course, free will is compatible with determinism because you wouldn't say that you have total freedom over how fast your heart beats, but saying that there is total free will or total determinism is a flaw in your logic because that implies a duality. Free will and determinism are one and non dual. From a first-hand experience free will and determinism are both actual and imaginary. You are imagining the neurons firing and you are imagining that there is a self that has an ability to choose. Free will and determinism are both part of the dream. Compatibilism is true.

What do you all think of this argument?

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

11 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

What do you all think of this argument?

I think I got a headache, and I did not choose to have one.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

20 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

I think I got a headache, and I did not choose to have one.

You didn't read/understand my post. You have a headache, you have 2 arms and 2 legs. You cannot control that, but you still have free will for what you are gonna do about that. Free will doesn't mean absolute control of reality. 

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

This question of whether free will exists or not is not something we can prove or disprove, in my opinion, because no matter which arguments you come with, i can come with a counterargument by tweaking some aspect of your thinking, i hope you are seeing that. 

There is always a possibility that even these thoughts of yours and you writing these here are a part of the preprogram, you can never disprove that, and check the antinomies of kant, they are mostly about this idea. 

Kinda like the idea of last thursdayism, you know, no matter which arguments i produce against it, you can say that even those arguments have been created last thursday, and things like that, you see. 

So, i think discovering whether there is free will or not, whether i am the writer of these words or just writing happening, and such ideas, i think it is about a realization that is transrational, like a direct experience that transcends language and reason, in a sense. 

So, for now, whether we like it or not, we are having the experience of having some sort of a free will, whether it is really real or not, and thoughts going in the mind that questions whether it is really real or not. 

You didn't read/understand my post. You have a headache, you have 2 arms and 2 legs. You cannot control that, but you still have free will for what you are gonna do about that. Free will doesn't mean absolute control of reality. 

Nope.  'You' 'do something', and your ego (The 'I' thought) appropriates the action (like the kid in a group project that does nothing but puts his name anyway')

All of these 3 are just concepts. Mind constructions.

Is very well explained in Leo's videos.

Free will is different from freedom of choice. I say there's no free will only freedom of choice. There's only God's will, but we are free to choose, as God, how that will unfolds.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

You don't choose your choices they just pop up don't they 

Your finite will is part of actual, absolute, infinite will

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now

It is logical reasoning. According to actualized's view of reality, you are god. You are limited and hidden from yourself to play this game, but you are still you, there is no other behind the scenes directing you like a puppet, so this reality is the only reality, and you are the only god that exists, so You are totally free, within the limits you have imposed on yourself.

So I, as God, can choose right now whether to throw myself out of the window or not. There is no one controlling it or no one who has written it beforehand, because I am God, and my will is law, within the limits, which are also my will. So according to actualized philosophy, there must be free will if we want to be coherent with the rest of our vision of reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEatCKgB6Qc&t=5s&ab_channel=EckhartTolle

This takes a deep investigation. Took me awhile to really figure it out myself. Every time I thought I had it, it fell back into paradox until I resolved it. You can figure it out just think about it deeply.

If you still have questions I can point to some pointers.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

If you don't agree with free will, you don't agree with infinity.

Nothing can stop god from doing what it wants, otherwise it is not god.

Edited by Francis777

6 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

If you don't agree with free will, you don't agree with infinity.

Nothing can stop god from doing what it wants, otherwise it is not god.

Nothing can also stop God from not agreeing with free will. 

I think many of you are still missing the point. Determinism implies that time exists that past and future are real but past and future are imaginary, so therefore, determinism is imaginary. Free will assumes the self exists and it does, it is consciousness. Determinism cannot exist without imagining a past or future. Free will is all the infinite ways you can act in this very present moment. Free will is a paradox and still exists. It’s like the ego. The ego exists but also doesn’t. If the ego didn’t exist, then you couldn’t be alive and function.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Most of you are missing the point. Determinism implies that time exists that past and future are real but past and future are imaginary, so therefore, determinism is imaginary. Free will assumes the self exists and it does, it is consciousness. Determinism cannot exist without imagining a past or future. Free will is all the infinite ways you can act in this very present moment.

I can't wait till you realize someone can argue the opposite. Cause you just took a dualistic stance.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

12 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Nothing can also stop God from not agreeing with free will. 

This is precisely BECAUSE of free will.

6 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

Most of you are missing the point. Determinism implies that time exists that past and future are real but past and future are imaginary, so therefore, determinism is imaginary. Free will assumes the self exists and it does, it is consciousness. Determinism cannot exist without imagining a past or future. Free will is all the infinite ways you can act in this very present moment.

If reality and time are imaginary, free will is the freedom within the imaginary, but since there is nothing else, calling it imaginary is the same as real, and free will is the same, it is the freedom to create the dream and the limited freedom within the dream.

The serious question is: is reality really a dream of God? Does God have free will to stop dreaming? Because the thing is that if God is dreaming now, he is always dreaming. If he stopped dreaming, he was never dreaming.

That is, if a dream exists, this dream is infinite, just like existence. And if the dream is infinite, it means that God cannot stop dreaming. And if God cannot stop dreaming, it means that God is not dreaming, God is the dream, and it does not have free will because that is what he has to be, without possible choice: infinite.

1 minute ago, Francis777 said:

This is precisely BECAUSE of free will.

My freedom of choice is not to go down this rabbit hole with you..hehe

I’ve noticed that free will, solipsism, awakening, and Peter Ralston are all juicy topics on this forum.

I wonder what they all have in common? O.o

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Here we go again another Infinite discussion. Gotta love Infinity. If this and if that, if God.is this and God is that, determinism is imaginary. Is God really dreaming or is it dreaming. God is so fucking bored with itself it has to create Infinite discussions about itself. 

You are blind if you don't see the obvious, right here, right now forever. It never ends. Its a fucking rabbit chasing its own tail, except there is no rabbit. Love it.

1 minute ago, Princess Arabia said:

Here we go again another Infinite discussion. Gotta love Infinity. If this and if that, if God.is this and God is that, determinism is imaginary. Is God really dreaming or is it dreaming. God is so fucking bored with itself it has to create Infinite discussions about itself. 

You are blind if you don't see the obvious, right here, right now forever. It never ends. Its a fucking rabbit chasing its own tail, except there is no rabbit. Love it.

^^^^And now we know where drama comes from. LOL.

1 minute ago, Princess Arabia said:

Do I have free will to decide if I should love it or not?

Lemme email Peter Ralson and ask him.