Cocolove

My 15 daily habits

15 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a list of daily habits that's often changed over the years, but I'd like to share my current one in case it's helpful to anyone. Let me know if you have any questions.

Also very curious what other people do. I have this list on my phone calendar and delete each one after I do it, a to do list.

-Kriya yoga

-Wim hof method

-Meditation

-Stretching

-Lifting (3-5 days a week)

-Spend 5+ hours outside 

-Read

-Visualization (very important and effective for a quick practice)

-Affirmations

-Physical therapy (such as working on joints, posture, muscular balance)

-Gratitude

-Bioenergetics 

-massage chair (my university just got one)

-sun balls (I also have a rash that the sun helps and so I make sure to get sun where the sun doesn't usually shine since it's worse there (thighs))

-Love gratitude and meditation can work towards this, but I make it a practice to just feel gods love directly.

Great list.

Just do it from an abundance perspective.

If you're doing it to compensate or not hate yourself, it will be tough to maintain those habits.

I tried to do this morning routine but realizes that my usual daily habits are better because I got sick afterwards.. maybe from the cold morning shower. I shouldn't shower early morning unnecessarily just the way I usually is. I should keep warm and do things naturally. I don't feel like it's a necessity either. 

"10 Ways to start off your day 

1.Wake up at 4:30AM

2.Get ready and prepared for your morning or Isya prayer.

3.Pray Isya/Tahajjud/Hajat prayer until morning 5:15AM

4.Pray Your Subh prayer.

5.Get to shower.

6.Eat an icy cold mango.

7.Get back to your room and read a Yaseen.

8.Get ready to drive to your park or the stadium.

9.Skate to your heart content/till the sun rise.

10.Going back home and start your day.

"

Edited by Sabth

@CARDOZZO What exactly do you mean by that.

Sometimes it becomes an ego thing and I feel like I need to get it done for the day, which is honestly better than not doing it at all.

I try to just use it as a guide for knowing what is good to do, and i don't set a time so that I can focus on doing it properly.

I don't really have a routine for when, except i forgot to mention, I do kriya and stretching right away as the morning routine.

3 minutes ago, Cocolove said:

@CARDOZZO What exactly do you mean by that.

Sometimes it becomes an ego thing and I feel like I need to get it done for the day, which is honestly better than not doing it at all.

I try to just use it as a guide for knowing what is good to do, and i don't set a time so that I can focus on doing it properly.

I don't really have a routine for when, except i forgot to mention, I do kriya and stretching right away as the morning routine.

We can fall into a trap of hating ourselves because we don't check all the habits that we set for ourselves.

We use habits and routines as a way to punish ourselves if we don't do them.

Ah yes that's true. Some days I don't get to them all but since its an exception I don't make a big deal of it.

Overall I think there are lots of traps to a list like this. 

For a while I stopped but around 8 months ago I started again because I just became less conscious, as I didnt feel inspired to do these things as much when they werent part of a habit.

15 hours ago, Cocolove said:

Spend 5+ hours outside

Nice 

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

18 hours ago, Cocolove said:

Hello,

I have a list of daily habits that's often changed over the years, but I'd like to share my current one in case it's helpful to anyone. Let me know if you have any questions.

That amazing, so much better than what I was doing in Uni. You are inspiring and I am impressed. I assume you feel way better in alot of ways from a routine like this? 

17 hours ago, Sabth said:

"10 Ways to start off your day 

1.Wake up at 4:30AM

2.Get ready and prepared for your morning or Isya prayer.

3.Pray Isya/Tahajjud/Hajat prayer until morning 5:15AM

4.Pray Your Subh prayer.

5.Get to shower.

6.Eat an icy cold mango.

7.Get back to your room and read a Yaseen.

Why only mangoes everyday?

Hello,

Also very curious what other people do. I have this list on my phone calendar and delete each one after I do it, a to do list.

-Kriya yoga

-Wim hof method

-Meditation

-Stretching

-Lifting (3-5 days a week)

-Spend 5+ hours outside 

-Read

-Visualization (very important and effective for a quick practice)

-Affirmations

-Physical therapy (such as working on joints, posture, muscular balance)

-Gratitude

-Bioenergetics 

What do you mean by bioenergetics

bed 7pm, sleep til 3am, meditation til 7, outside til 11, work til 3, play til 7

Been doing a lot of kriya too, I tried a wim hof but its causing serious headaches, I have been told that hyperventilating is counter-productive to kriya? What are your thoughts?

13 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Nice 

I basically spend every waking minute of daylight outside, that's the minimum.

10 hours ago, Parallax Mind said:

That amazing, so much better than what I was doing in Uni. You are inspiring and I am impressed. I assume you feel way better in alot of ways from a routine like this? 

Yea I feel quite a contrast to when I took a break from the routine for a year or two. In high school I was doing 90 min strong determination sits every day for years, along with kriya. So I feel like im taking it easy now, but I am more busy and am working lots on life purpose, building a farm.

@An young being

I do a couple exercises, mostly just shaking around my whole body while making vibrations from my deep stomach, or leaning back and doing deep breathing. I learned these from eliot hulse like 8 years ago. They are great.

@gettoefl That sounds very intense haha I could never sleep at 7.

@Anon212 Where do you hear that? I hope im not messing myself up haha. Wim hof draws from lots of yogic techniques so I wonder why that would conflict with kriya. For me I feel it helps build the kundalini in the 2nd and 3rd chakras.

@Cocolove I heard Sadhguru talk about it, someone asked him about breath work and all I remember him saying is that if it is hyperventilating - don't do it as it will damage the system, the breaths are very gross whereas kriyas even where the breath is rapid is about subtlety. I do his kriya every morning for the past few years with astonishing benefits. To add a bit of flare, I decided to bring back wim hof because I used to do it a long time ago but I just got very serious headaches because of it. I am not sure though, not an expert on the matter. What kind of kriyas do you do?

@Anon212 That's interesting and kind of makes sense to me, kriya is definetely subtle, but what about just practicing them at different times, I feel like that has to be fine.

I just do the kriya based off santata gamana and j c stevens