Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ash55

Osho story is more postive than negetive

15 posts in this topic

after watching wild wild country am actually amazed not terrified of osho  (am still half way throw)

well osho was more culty sort of but the community or city he build it out of this world, it has some extreme dynamic meditation practices LOL, some of it seem satanic, but i don't know i feel like if osho where to come again he will be a lot more accepted and if he can manage the  community and make it less centered about him and may be include multiple spiritual teachers, i dont know its so beautiful and crazy i wanna experience something like that, well with no violence xD

But polyamory, communism, creativity, spirituality, love in one community sounds really cool xD

I think the biggest hurdle to osho was the backlash from the traditionally minded people

also the way they scaled was insane xD

its unbelievable for me that someone like that existed if there was no footage probably wouldn't have believed it 

what your thoughts on osho, and any other interesting books/documentary on him ?

@Ash55 The first mistake was Sheela not doing proper research on zoning laws

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

10 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Ash55 The first mistake was Sheela not doing proper research on zoning laws

its honestly too crazy that they went for a whole city LOL

Iabeling something as "cult" is so sloppy. It doesn't point to anything specific and yet comes with strong negative connotations. And the word comes often from the effort to tarnish someone's image which is a sign of sneaky ego at play. 

Better is to avoid that word entirely and be specific about what behavior exactly can be observed in a person or organization that was not healthy, that served ego and not the truth. And not be derogatory about it. But more like an innocent observation. That way the topic becomes much more rewarding and fruitful. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

@Salvijus i do try to avoid it but, well am not really wrong, i never really try to attack a group by calling it a cult, i do love osho btw an fascinated, but shela some what narcissistic leadership  and the uni dress and many things made osho comune more of a cult, but at the core the idea and the mission was fascinating, and i do love the fact that people used to site naked there sometime LOL

1 hour ago, Ash55 said:

but shela some what narcissistic leadership

This word "narcissistic" is unnecessarily judgemental aswell. Just say "some parts of her leadership were ego driven, and some parts were actually done in good faith" or something like that. 

And also it's worth keeping in mind that there's hardly anyone on this planet who has not a sting of ego driven behavior in their psyche. So we are all cult leaders in our own right by that definition. 

1 hour ago, Ash55 said:

and the uni dress and many things made osho comune more of a cult

"uni dressing is a cult behavior". Sloppy... 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Osho was one of those people who pointed out many flaws in our society.

And he did it so brutally, not like us that we hide what we think others shouldn't see.

Edited by Applegarden8

The story was of osho & his followers.

One person doesn't create a community. 

For there to be a leader, there has to be followers and vice versa.

I don't think there is one piece of that story that was just anyone's particular fault. 

There was nothing right or wrong with what osho and is followers attempted to do. And there was also nothing right or wrong with what the surrounding community did in response. 

It's just something that can happen in those wild territories

Look what happened to the native americans!

❤️ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Sheila and the leadership of rajneesh Param mishandled and mistreated that poor little community. They may have been able to build their dream community but not like that. They were aggressive and militant. 

Osho has some good teachings. I’ve listened to hundreds of hours but also a lot of it is worthless.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

The story was of osho & his followers.

One person doesn't create a community. 

For there to be a leader, there has to be followers and vice versa.

I don't think there is one piece of that story that was just anyone's particular fault. 

There was nothing right or wrong with what osho and is followers attempted to do. And there was also nothing right or wrong with what the surrounding community did in response. 

It's just something that can happen in those wild territories

Look what happened to the native americans!

❤️ 

^^^This is inauthentic.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

2 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Sheila and the leadership of rajneesh Param mishandled and mistreated that poor little community. They may have been able to build their dream community but not like that. They were aggressive and militant. 

Osho has some good teachings. I’ve listened to hundreds of hours but also a lot of it is worthless.

@Thought Art can i find long lectures of his ? and where ?

5 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Cult cabin fever? 😔 

Yeah, he really did have an almost intoxicating vibe with his words or something. Agreed, there are some really great audiobooks of his also.

❤️ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

What happened is what always happens in human communities. When many people organize there must be a leader. Being a leader is exhausting, completely absorbing, but there are always people willing to be one. These people have special characteristics, and a very noticeable one is the desire for power. This desire is extremely strong, and completely corrupting. This is where war always seems to arise. This is how human society works. 

But apart from that, Osho's idea was human freedom. a very good ideal, unfortunately humans are the way they are and utopias are difficult, perhaps impossible.