DefinitelyNotARobot

Consciousness and Bias

16 posts in this topic

Since there is an infinite capacity for bias, can bias ever not exist? Is to be conscious, to be able to admit to your own biases, while understanding them as such? Leo talks from bias, yet he seems to understand it relatively well. All the talks about Consciousness, Love, God and such and such are important, but so is to be able to address ones own bias honestly. It's to own the bias, to integrate it rather than disintegrate it. Letting what arises be, instead of trying to let it go.

This is me talking from bias. I'm not sure if there is any truth in what I wrote right now, it just makes sense to me at the moment. I hope you can help shine a light on my biases, maybe I can do the same for you?

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

13 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Since there is an infinite capacity for bias, can bias ever not exist? Is to be conscious, to be able to admit to your own biases, while understanding them as such? Leo talks from bias, yet he seems to understand it relatively well. All the talks about Consciousness, Love, God and such and such are important, but so is to be able to address ones own bias honestly. It's to own the bias, to integrate it rather than disintegrate it. Letting what arises be, instead of trying to let it go.

This is me talking from bias. I'm not sure if there is any truth in what I wrote right now, it just makes sense to me at the moment. I hope you can help shine a light on my biases, maybe I can do the same for you?

Bias will always exist as long as you are form. In fact your bias=your karma. You were born with some bias (genetic memory) and then you were given bias (socialized bias), now the interesting thing is your genetic bias changes through your interaction with the environment, for example an allergy is a biological bias and some people lose allergies and some gain new ones, and your socialization biases work in the same way you can lose some and gain some. 

The important thing is just to become aware of your biases, it allows you to see and interact with reality/life more clearly. There is a tradeoff though, as you become more aware of your biases you will become more aware of the biase of others. As a result you will increase in suffering. Because to attempt to remove bias, is itself a bias. All bias is something you resist, deny, avoid. So to remove a bias is to resist, deny, avoid. As such you will be hypersensitive to the bias of others because they are a reflection of what you are trying to move away from and as a result you will move away from them. 

Unless you can accept that you will always have bias, you will act out that fear onto them and it will make you angry, annoyed, impatient, self-righteous, moralistic, preachy, and you will say things like "Why are people like this? The answer is easy...because you are like this....you just don't like that aspect of yourself. Bias also...runs on autopilot, see if you can become aware of this.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Razard86 That was my suspicion. Thank you for reflecting it back. It's hilarious because the word REFLECTION stands out in your signature. 😂

beep boop

54 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

@Razard86 That was my suspicion. Thank you for reflecting it back. It's hilarious because the word REFLECTION stands out in your signature. 😂

I only know what I know because I pay attention. I've been meditating my entire life without realizing I was doing it. People think paying attention to someone when they speak is not meditation it is. People think playing video games is not meditation it is. The whole purpose of life is to be engaged with life, to show up to life, you do when you pay attention. Don't let people fool you with their rigid categories. Lose your mind=insanity=so you can actually have your mind. 

Life is a construction and a deconstruction. When you were young you constructed your human point of view and are locked in, the only way to truly understand you need to deconstruct. It's why I told people on the forums, stop arguing with people you don't understand that's dumb. Argue to gain more understanding which means learn their point of view and why they believe what they believe it opens up your understanding of yourself because they are you. 

If you only try to prove yourself right you can never be wrong, you need to prove yourself wrong also. How many people on these forums you know can explain both their position and their opponents position? 

Real Spiritual Masters do not demonize bias, they point to the acceptance and freedom from bias by accepting it. 

Notice how infinity....is always trying to get outside of itself. This is why we act the way we do. All life is just an expression of infinity.

Your nature is God's nature. ^^^^ 

See the similarity of Infinity of Gods and Materialism/Self-Improvement. See how it actually is a deeper form of Absolute Solipsism. People think it negates it, it doesn't, it frees it up.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

On 18/11/2023 at 0:49 PM, Razard86 said:

Bias will always exist as long as you are form. In fact your bias=your karma. You were born with some bias (genetic memory) and then you were given bias (socialized bias), now the interesting thing is your genetic bias changes through your interaction with the environment, for example an allergy is a biological bias and some people lose allergies and some gain new ones, and your socialization biases work in the same way you can lose some and gain some. 

The important thing is just to become aware of your biases, it allows you to see and interact with reality/life more clearly. There is a tradeoff though, as you become more aware of your biases you will become more aware of the biase of others. As a result you will increase in suffering. Because to attempt to remove bias, is itself a bias. All bias is something you resist, deny, avoid. So to remove a bias is to resist, deny, avoid. As such you will be hypersensitive to the bias of others because they are a reflection of what you are trying to move away from and as a result you will move away from them. 

Unless you can accept that you will always have bias, you will act out that fear onto them and it will make you angry, annoyed, impatient, self-righteous, moralistic, preachy, and you will say things like "Why are people like this? The answer is easy...because you are like this....you just don't like that aspect of yourself. Bias also...runs on autopilot, see if you can become aware of this.

I hope that in my next life i wont have to deal with this human shit,fear - based biases. its distasteful and annoying.

Bias is like dust in your house. The goal is to clean off as much if it as you can but don't get perfectionistic about it.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Bias is like dust in your house. The goal is to clean off as much if it as you can but don't get perfectionistic about it.

But what if i want to get rid of them all ? Do you think that trying to do get rid of all biases would result in my survival being endangered ?

@De Sade It would be like trying to get rid of all the dust in your house.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@De Sade It would be like trying to get rid of all the dust in your house.

Even if i clean it all,in some time,the dust will show up again ?

2 hours ago, De Sade said:

Think of it like if someone had issues with their body. Losing weight is a great goal, but then you reach that goal and… you’re still unsatisfied. Now you’re worried about your pimples. Then your muscle imbalances. Then your receding hair line.

Best to be at peace with reality being unique in any and all possible ways. You can make improvements and explore new possibilities, but do so with openness and curiosity rather than needing reality to be a certain, biased way.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 11/24/2023 at 7:25 PM, De Sade said:

Unless you hermetically seal your house and vent it with negative pressure, clean room, make everyone wear plastic suits... most likely yes. 

21 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Best to be at peace with reality being unique in any and all possible ways. You can make improvements and explore new possibilities, but do so with openness and curiosity rather than needing reality to be a certain, biased way.

Wisedom;)

On 25/11/2023 at 5:55 AM, De Sade said:

Yes. But you can reduce the chance of dust settling down by living in an environment that is clean and free of pollution. 

Unbias is connected with symmetry of mind

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

16 hours ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

Wisedom;)

Dumbsub!

Well, that kinda rhymes, so not dumb after all.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI