CARDOZZO

Spirituality As A Distraction Mechanism

35 posts in this topic

I want your opinion.

I'm thinking about stop talking about spirituality with other humans.

It's just a distraction and silly human games.

I love spirituality but i'm realizing that it is a single player game. (No, I'm not a solipsist)

99% of people have no clue what they are talking about and they are truly just parroting things, especially on this forum.

I will be honest, I have no clue what spirituality means anymore, other than some vague term which points to mystical experiences and insights. Reality is bigger than that.

Anyways, I think your sentiment is wise.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Just now, Osaid said:

Reality is bigger than that.

I cannot agree more.

Spirituality as a final game is really dangerous.

Even ideas about levels of consciousness or spiral dynamics.

It can put yourself on a self-loop.

27 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

I want your opinion.

I'm thinking about stop talking about spirituality with other humans.

It's just a distraction and silly human games.

I love spirituality but i'm realizing that it is a single player game. (No, I'm not a solipsist)

Contradiction. ^^^^

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Ditch the "should statements"  .... there are no rules to this simulation outside those created by the basic laws of nature. The lion eats the gazelle. Do we shame the lion and make it turn vegan? That's what a lot of spiritual types try to do... rewrite the rules of the game, and thus they end up with a lot of depression and dislike over how people behave, because they have these ideals they strive for, ideals that are never going to be achieved in this simulation with it's rules.  Who's to say how somebody should live their lives? Most people would be better off dealing with their own karma and trying to achieve their own peace of mind versus worrying about what everyone else is doing.

The whole goal of spiritual enlightenment is radical acceptance of what is. Total being, in the moment. Open Focus. Any sort of resistance, thought stories, emotional reactivity towards perceived slights, and you are back into the world of ego, back into this simulation and all it's drama, it's stories, the hamster wheel of existence.

Honestly I think spiritual self help is a coping mechanism for people who just don't fit in with society's normies, and that includes me. :) 

Edited by sholomar

Instead of viewing spiritual conversations as a fixed path, consider them as diverse journeys of the mind. There isn't a singular correct way to navigate these topics, and everyone's exploration is unique.

Life offers lessons from every interaction, including those centered around spirituality. While the term 'spirituality' can be thrown around casually, delving into it seriously reveals its vast depth. Your current understanding is just the tip of the iceberg, and the beauty lies in the continuous learning process.

Rather than disengaging from others due to varying levels of understanding, focus on developing your own comprehension. Embrace the diversity of ideas, appreciating the beauty and intelligence in each perspective, regardless of its apparent development.

In my own journey, I've found value in recognizing the uniqueness in every individual and seeking to understand them. Instead of measuring others' spiritual understanding against my own metrics, which are shaped by different life experiences, I now prioritize understanding over judgment.

Distractions are an inherent part of the human experience, and it's not necessarily negative. The key is to remain grounded in your own consciousness while navigating these diversions. By staying open to the ideas of others, you might find unexpected insights that enrich your spiritual journey.

@benmitchell2812 I agree in some parts.

As a beginner, you can really go all in with other perspectives.

If you're going to get more aware, you will have to become the UNIQUE authority on your own perspective/experience.

That's why people go to caves... now I see why they do it.

1 hour ago, CARDOZZO said:

@Razard86

Single player game as a human being inside a society with other humans :D:D 

LOL I'll leave it alone today I'm not trying to piss everybody off....but umm....you do know in that game...they are all *Cough* made of the same code. And um from the first person perspective...if the character dies...umm ya know....the game ends....

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

That is a very smart observation. Few days ago I read an article which presents very similar point of view but with a conclusion (spoiler alert) that there is no difference if you are spiritual person or not. You just have to manifest your potential whatever it is. Often spiritual growth is just a waste of energy.

10 minutes ago, Tomek6 said:

That is a very smart observation. Few days ago I read an article which presents very similar point of view but with a conclusion (spoiler alert) that there is no difference if you are spiritual person or not. You just have to manifest your potential whatever it is. Often spiritual growth is just a waste of energy.

It definitely can be. 

What gives you more potential for growth:

• 100 hours of meditation/contemplation alone. (50/50)
  • 100 hours talking in a forum.

@Razard86 You're not pissing me off, that's ok 😁

I'm just sick of debates about spirituality while we have other things to do here.

Even If solipsism is the truth, why people who know It even talk about that?

They are talking to themselves trying to persuade themselves.

Silly human games at its best.

@CARDOZZO  I agree. I feel like the forum can be a place where people just get confused more, debating and spouting ideals they have formed from others without questioning themselves. 

If people started to appreciate and think deeply about words like consciousness etc, they would realise how deep it goes and how much you really don't know and not be so quick to start typing some bs down that don't really have no substance. It's really just another form of human drama and entertainment that is vastly different from the things that true spirituality actually points to. 

I feel like it is better to have these discussions in person, it is more fitted to the person you're engaging with as there is a more real presence rather than just words on a screen and a mind that thinks it already knows. 

To be honest, i don't think we can discuss spirituality with language.

If we want to have a collective experience about spirituality, we need to develop a new tool to specifically discuss spirituality.

Language is more suited for hard sciences.

@CARDOZZOI agree there are alot of distractions to watch out for. God is infinte self deception. What is distracting can vary from person to person. 

Edited by itsadistraction

I know lots of spiritual people who engage in a different ways than we do here. 

Leo teaches a deep style of spirituality that is rarely done. 

It’s all spirit in the end. 

You gotta live your own life… what is mature spirituality?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I feel like it's cyclical - you spend periods with intense focus on spirituality/god, then get hypnotized by the world for a bit (focus shifts away from spirit), then come back around by with a bit more growth/understanding than last time.   

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"