Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Richard Purdy

How to deal with aftermath of traumatic experience with DMT?

13 posts in this topic

I had a traumatic experience with DMT. I took too big of a hit, and got traumatized by it. Now I’m scared to do any feeling or trauma work, out of fear I will reactivate the trip again. I feel like I can’t work on my root chakra since that was the main thing active during the trip. I was shot through a red tunnel and it freaked me out.

Is there any good tips to help me get out of this rut? I feel stuck. And feel like I’m running into a wall. I can’t even do a minute of meditation out of fear of same feelings resurfacing. 

Any recommended guided meditations, tips, methods, to heal myself from this?

****Note, this happened 2 years ago and I have shyed away from any spiritual work the past 2 years. Also, this trip was actually in a dream I had, not real life. But it felt very REAL, like real life. I’ve never done DMT in waking life.

I appreciate any help with this. I don’t know what to do at this point so I’ve decided to post what happened here to see if anyone has advice

Edited by Richard Purdy

Do you understand the principle of impermanence? 

1. It happened in your sleep 2 years ago. If you are sleeping fine then its fine.

2. If you are too scared to do spiritual work then don't do spiritual work.

3. Your root chakra is ALWAYS active, its called the root chakra for a reason. Go do some research on the chakras if you want to understand how they work.

4. Here is some music that works on all your chakras.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Richard Purdy

The root chakra isn't going to steer you clear of a bad trip of DMT. 

DMT is on another monstrous level. So, you'll need to have some deep respect next time. 

What you need to do is to have balls and dig in deep into the bad trip and face your fears DIRECTLY.

Or, stop taking DMT. 

Also, where there is fear, there is God's realization. 

That red tunnel that freaked you out could have led right to God. 

Ultimately, DMT taught you a lesson: don't take a big hit by mistake. Have some respect next time. 

18 hours ago, Pudgey said:

Ultimately, DMT taught you a lesson: don't take a big hit by mistake. Have some respect next time. 

Increasing my cannabis even just a little, tiny bit also leads to very different results.

The experiences that arise are actually seen as welcoming, despite being really uncomfortable. It’s like being right in the middle of a conflict, and playing a role in it, without actually getting completely lost or identified with it.

It shows you aspects of yourself that need to be seriously exposed. You can process it from a higher elevation.

This isn’t a piece of cake. Making yourself uncomfortable, without outright traumatizing yourself, yields net growth in your consciousness.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Look, in the end you have to come to grips with the fact that psychedelics and Consciousness can always take a detour into Hell. That's just the nature or Consciousness. You have to just let that go and focus on the positives.

Don't forget, everyday life can also turn into Hell at any day. Nuclear war could start tomorrow. However, you cannot live your life focusing on that.

The key issue is how you use your focus. Focus on good stuff. Why are you focusing on bad trips when you could use that time to focus on good trips?

2 years after a trip is a long time. You should have let that go a long time ago. Stop fixating on it. Stop thinking about it.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 11/8/2023 at 8:36 PM, Richard Purdy said:

I had a traumatic experience with DMT. I took too big of a hit, and got traumatized by it. Now I’m scared to do any feeling or trauma work, out of fear I will reactivate the trip again. I feel like I can’t work on my root chakra since that was the main thing active during the trip. I was shot through a red tunnel and it freaked me out.

Is there any good tips to help me get out of this rut? I feel stuck. And feel like I’m running into a wall. I can’t even do a minute of meditation out of fear of same feelings resurfacing. 

Any recommended guided meditations, tips, methods, to heal myself from this?

****Note, this happened 2 years ago and I have shyed away from any spiritual work the past 2 years. Also, this trip was actually in a dream I had, not real life. But it felt very REAL, like real life. I’ve never done DMT in waking life.

I appreciate any help with this. I don’t know what to do at this point so I’ve decided to post what happened here to see if anyone has advice

Seek a reputable, recommended, and educated therapist specializing in trauma. I don't have the full picture, but it seems to be avoidant behavior stemming from anxiety triggered by trauma. If it's confined to this aspect and doesn't adversely impact other areas of your life, a few months of therapy could likely address it. I think that non-spiritual, grounded psychological therapies would be more suitable here.

Idk if what you experienced was the same as me 4 years ago where I did DMT for the first time, I got insanely worst after that but I healed over time. My mind back then after DMT it was on a negative suicidal thinking 24/7 and I even lost hair cuz of the stress I had, I wasn’t functional and no way I could socialize with people nor to had a job. 

What helped me over time was to work with ayahuasca but your healing process could be different and lighter if it’s not like the level I was. I went still to therapy on those times, I know it’s tricky or sensible to talk about psychedelics to your therapist but, try your best to express yourself and connect with people. I also went a lot to nature which helped. To this day I thanked a lot to ayahuasca, it was the hardest thing I’ve done in my life so far but over time with each ceremony, I’ve got better. Do your best bro you got this! 

Edited by Juan

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The key issue is how you use your focus. Focus on good stuff. Why are you focusing on bad trips when you could use that time to focus on good trips?

2 years after a trip is a long time. You should have let that go a long time ago. Stop fixating on it. Stop thinking about it.

Similar to relationships. I’ve had horrible experiences with dating, family, friendships, etc. for over a decade. But now I’m focusing on building healthier ones.

Even how I relate to psychedelics has changed. How I use them now is very different from how I used them even just a few months ago.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 08/11/2023 at 1:36 PM, Richard Purdy said:

Are you joking? Sounds like you had a nightmare 2 years ago and this still effects you? I have never heard of something like this.

Either you are insane or some sort of gifted dream master genius. Either way you don't need psychedelics with dreams that strong. 

On 08/11/2023 at 1:48 PM, Razard86 said:

Do you understand the principle of impermanence? 

1. It happened in your sleep 2 years ago. If you are sleeping fine then its fine.

2. If you are too scared to do spiritual work then don't do spiritual work.

3. Your root chakra is ALWAYS active, its called the root chakra for a reason. Go do some research on the chakras if you want to understand how they work.

4. Here is some music that works on all your chakras.

Can you share some chakra resources? There is so much on the internet hard to know what's a good resource. 

I had a terrible trip on 4Grams of Mushroms, i solve the trauma by watching a ton of content about non-duality, understanding the mind and taking small doses of lsd while gradually increase the dosing

Dmt is one of the most powerful psychedelics and which you don't  need to do again. Another possibility is to try a low dose of softer psychedelics like 4ho-mipt and work your way up to trust them again.

I had a few times sex with an magic eye entity and it was great. But I soon started taking that for granted and the entity got so angry with me because of that attitude and made me so afraid that I had to swear to leave dmt until I changed my attitude which I finally did. Imagine everything in hyperspace starts swirling in rage and the eye was vibrating and really looking like mad and the vibrations were that of anger...

That was a good lesson for life and relationships in general and I'm greatful for that because in hindsight it was so obviously selfish and dickish.