Husseinisdoingfine

Dear Leo, why are you quoting exclusively Islamic/Sufi sources on your blog?

83 posts in this topic

I'm not condemning you, just curious.

Like, do you have an upsurge of fascination in Islam, the Qu'ran, etc..? Because recently on your blog, you've been quoting sources such as; Fakhruddin Iraqi, Jalāl al-Dīn Muḥammad Rūmī, and Sultan Bahu. 

Care to explain why?

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

3 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I'm not condemning you, just curious.

Like, do you have an upsurge of fascination in Islam, the Qu'ran, etc..? Because recently on your blog, you've been quoting sources such as; Fakhruddin Iraqi, Jalāl al-Dīn Muḥammad Rūmī, and Sultan Bahu. 

Care to explain why?

I was wondering about that.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

To counter Islamophobia in the Judeo-Christian West and bring the world one step closer to peace. 

It isn't about the author or belief system but about the communication, which stands on its own. That said, I don't know Leo's motivations.

Edited by UnbornTao

Islam is the only religion that makes sense. 

All other religions are an insult to your intelligence .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

23 minutes ago, Someone here said:

This belief itself might turn out to be an insult to our intelligence.

1 minute ago, An young being said:

This belief itself might turn out to be an insult to our intelligence.

There is only one God is omnipotent..omniscient..benevolent etc who created everything.  That's the theological paradigm of Islam in a nutshell.

Compare that to the millions of gods In hindusim ..or the 3=1 nonsense of Christianity..and Buddhism is basically spiritual atheism. 

-Osho

16 minutes ago, Someone here said:

There is only one God is omnipotent..omniscient..benevolent etc who created everything.  That's the theological paradigm of Islam in a nutshell.

But does the quantity of gods really matter?

I have been taught a poem by Kambar during my school days which roughly translates into " If you say, God is one. God is one. If you say God is many, God is many. If you say God is none, God is none. If say God exists, God exists. If you say God is something, God is something. If you say God is everything, God is everything. God exists based on our beliefs. If we understand that, life will be better."

I believe it applies to all faith.

17 minutes ago, An young being said:

But does the quantity of gods really matter?

I have been taught a poem by Kambar during my school days which roughly translates into " If you say, God is one. God is one. If you say God is many, God is many. If you say God is none, God is none. If say God exists, God exists. If you say God is something, God is something. If you say God is everything, God is everything. God exists based on our beliefs. If we understand that, life will be better."

I believe it applies to all faith.

Nope. 

God absolutely exists .

This is the most Important Truth in the entire fucking universe. 

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

All other religions are an insult to your intelligence .

Compare that to the millions of gods In hindusim ..or the 3=1 nonsense of Christianity..and Buddhism is basically spiritual atheism. 

Yes Islam is so logical and good for the world.....

Kill you over a picture, circumcision, treating women like shit, homophobia,

All religions are equally inane and an insult to intelligence albeit with some kernals of truth mixed in. 

Edited by itsadistraction

You seem to not understand hinduism, christianity etc. (I don’t claim to either)

there  might be many version or incarnation of god but there’s generally one underlying god, brahman 

@PurpleTree lol I'm Indian.  I was raised a Hindu.  Hinduism believes literally in millions of gods .literally every phenomenon in nature has its own God.  Like thunder has its God.  Fertility has its God.  Evil has its God etc 

-Osho

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

@PurpleTree lol I'm Indian.  I was raised a Hindu.  Hinduism believes literally in millions of gods .literally every phenomenon in nature has its own God.  Like thunder has its God.  Fertility has its God.  Evil has its God etc 

Then what is brahman?

have you read the upanishads, baghavad gita, ashtavakra gita?

Edited by PurpleTree

In Hinduism, Brahman (Sanskrit: ब्रह्मन्) connotes the highest universal principle, the ultimate reality in the universe.[1][2][3] In major schools of Hindu philosophy, it is the immaterial, efficient, formal and final cause of all that exists.[2][4][5] It is the pervasive, infinite, eternal truth, consciousness and bliss which does not change, yet is the cause of all changes.[1][3][6]Brahman as a metaphysical concept refers to the single binding unity behind diversity in all that exists in the universe.[7][8]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahman

7 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Then what is brahman?

have you read the upanishads, baghavad gita, ashtavakra gita?

Brahma is the absolute. It's completely formless. So it's useless and powerless . Only in its incarnations into a finite diety is it powerful.

I read some not all the Hindu scriptures. I was intelligent enough to ditch that nonsense from early age. So I wasn't a brainwashed Hindu. 

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Brahma is the absolute. It's completely formless. So it's useless and powerless . Only in its incarnations into a finite diety is it powerful.

I read some not all the Hindu scriptures. I was intelligent enough to ditch that nonsense from early age. So I wasn't a brainwashed Hindu. 

well then read the three that i mentioned before making a judgement. You just have so e bias against hinduism because it’s your family religion and you want to rebel against it imo. I mean the caste stuff etc sucks but it is imo more interesting than Islam generally 

In India, devotion to God in some form ( which started with bhakti movement in my state) was established as the primary driver of Hinduism, since common people with no exposure to spirituality found it difficult to follow Hinduism and also to fight caste discrimination. Instead of the traditional meditative or ascetic means for Enlightenment, the movement proposed divine love for a god of choice as an effective method. In these periods, praise of different gods took mainstage instead of scriptures with deep or difficult to decipher meanings. It was also considered as a movement to control the spread of Islam ironically.

14 minutes ago, Someone here said:

If it's so useless how can it incarnate into something. Can you fly right now like a bird. No, it's because it's so powerful that it can manifest as a bird to fly. It is being that bird and it is being you.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

Islam is a robust system if you follow it intelligently. Especially the sufis.

I mean, the terminology and distinctions for all the traps and the whole path are sophisticated and elaborate. 

They even tell you that you have to transcend religion at a point and it is one of the scariest things to do. 

I haven’t done any psychedelics ever and had deep mystical experiences and God-realisations through sufism and occasional weed. 

Edited by HMD

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."