Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Growly

Rate supplement stack

17 posts in this topic

All taken in morning

1 .KSM-66 Ashwagandha Root Powder Extract 1g (take for 3 days after taking l-theanine)

2. Creatine monohydrate 5g

3.1 a day multivitamin men/women 1 pill

4. l-theanine 250mg(take for 3 days after taking ashwaghanda)

Taken at night

Magnesium glycinate 300mg

this is a typical stack but I still want to see your opinions

5 hours ago, Growly said:

All taken in morning

1 .KSM-66 Ashwagandha Root Powder Extract 1g (take for 3 days after taking l-theanine)

What are you hoping to achieve with this?

Fantastic.

Generally these are just expensive urine given the lack of bioavailability of the constituents, but I'm more than happy to take a look. My personal philosophy with supplements is to adopt a sniper as opposed to bazooka approach, i.e., rely on your diet to offer the overwhelming majority of your micronutrient needs, and then simply fill in the missing pieces with spot supplementation as opposed to a broad spectrum multivitamin.

I would drop supplements 1 and 4, personally.

Taken at night

A work of art. Magnesium is generally the first supplement I would have someone explore. Next, I would be curious to know what your vitamin D level is currently and consider a D3 supplement if it's less than 40.

On 25.9.2023 at 1:58 AM, Growly said:

@Jason Actualization

3.1 a day multivitamin men/women 1 pill

https://target.scene7.com/is/image/Target/GUEST_da96a652-96ff-4872-ab0a-a75ebf4bd440?wid=1200&hei=1200&qlt=80&fmt=webp

This is the supplement I use

Can you rate this diet too?

Capture.PNG

It has Vitamin A and E. Those are fat soluble therefore potentially problematic. Vitamin E  is particularly problematic. I would recommend not to take these 2 before doing thorough research.

Vitamin B12 is included as Cyanocobalamin as your would expect from the manufacturer. When your body uses it, a residue product is cyanide. The amount is low. But I wouldn't want any, especially since that is unnecessary. Better: Methylcobalamin (or Adenosylcobalamin).

Folic Acid is the artificial analogy to Folate. Your body has to convert it. Some people can't do it. Result: Accumulation, unhealthy. And you don't get the Folate. 

Other B Vitamins are missing. B Vitamins are best taken as a complex (mix of all of those) because there are codependencies between them.

D3 in this product as at 1000 IE. That's too low unless you are a child or you are in the sun everyday. It depends on your weight how much is optimal. K2 would be recommended additionally to D3.

If you would have the idea of taking 2 or more per day, don't. You will be getting into trouble with Zinc, Selenium, A and E. Too much Zinc (more than 25g per day for a longer time) can give your headaches, nausea, vomiting, cramps, diarrhea. Same with Selenium plus: skin rashes, hair falling out, nerve damage. Too much A: changes in skin and skeleton, damages the liver. 

Always DYOR (do your own research).

In general, a generalized recommendation is always a bad idea. Nobody here knows your health situation and what you eat. Do you know how well your gut can absorb vitamins and minerals? People here don't know. I don't know for myself. Men and women have different needs. Age also matters a lot (not only for D3). 

Never take Calcium, shortens your life expectancy. If you want Calcium to actually get into your bones, you need D3 and K2. Only take Iron if your doctor tells you to after a blood test, unless you want to get cancer (0mg of Iron in this product, which is good).

If you live in Europe, research Selenium. In the USA, you most likely don't need extra Selenium. 

Edited by mostly harmless

@Growly I take everything separate, except for the Vitamin B complex. A complex is obviously always a mixture. I buy mostly from nature-love de, a German brand. 

I am not happy with their Magnesium, because there is a lot of Magnesiumoxide in it, which is not great. Other than that, good ingredients.

I buy my Omega 3 algae oil from Norsan.

I think it’s too much creatine

unless you’re vegetarian maybe

2-3gs could be enough

If you have to take a multi vitamin that means that you are not eating nowhere near the amount of food that you should be eating, which comes along with several problems because supplements are not absorbed the same way food is. Don't eat so many beans and drop the tortillas.

11 hours ago, mostly harmless said:

If you live in Europe, research Selenium. In the USA, you most likely don't need extra Selenium. 

It takes 1 brazil nut a day to meet your selenium intake, have a brazil nut everyday when you're not having meat

Edited by MarkKol

On 24.9.2023 at 7:21 PM, Growly said:

All taken in morning

Taken at night

this is a typical stack but I still want to see your opinions

After my research the supplements that are most fundamental and with which you can rarely go wrong are: Omega 3 Fish Oil, Magnesium (Magnesium glycinate in the evening is very good) and Vitamin D. Im especially interested in cognitive function with supplementation. I take Creatine too, since there is very good research about it and it seems like a No-Brainer for fitness and also is reported to show some cognitive benefits. I dont really understand your alternation between Ashwagandha and L-Theanine. The most noticable supplement stack for me is Neurohackers Qualia Focus and I want to try Qualia Mind too but those ones are very expensive.

I take the following:

Multivitamin (cheap costco brand)

Magnesium (citrate, glycinate, or bicarbonate)

Vitamin D (winter months)

Creatine

Glycine

Taurine

Father got me into creatine. Taurine and Glycine are for anti-aging. Sometimes I'll buy Aldi Pork Rinds (spicy version) for the collagen. Great with smoked oysters or dipped in cottage cheese.

Diet is antioxidant rich, focused on whole foods and reduced refined carbohydrates.  I also use Tretinoin on my face and sun block in the summer. Sunlight ages the skin and makes white people in particular look terrible as they age.

Edited by sholomar

@sholomar  
Did you feel a great impact on your mental when you started that stack?

and you are indeed a looksmaxxer 

On 28.9.2023 at 6:33 AM, MarkKol said:

It takes 1 brazil nut a day to meet your selenium intake, have a brazil nut everyday when you're not having meat

The problem with that for me: I love these. I can never eat only one. Why would that be a problem? The trees that the Brazil nuts grow on have very fine roots that enable them to effectively absorb substances from the soil. Unfortunately, that is not exclusive to Selenium but also radioactive substances. Brazil nuts therefore are a lot more radioactive than other food.

I take Selenium pills. 

11 hours ago, sholomar said:

Sunlight ages the skin and makes white people in particular look terrible as they age.

Absolutely, I recommend folks use a non-nano zinc and beef tallow-based sunscreen on their face each day.

The other high leverage maneuver is to eliminate seed/vegetable oils from ones diet as the linoleic acid they contain will incorporate into the cells of one's skin and make it more prone to oxidative stress and UV damage.

15 hours ago, Growly said:

@sholomar  
Did you feel a great impact on your mental when you started that stack?

and you are indeed a looksmaxxer 

The vast majority of the improvements in my life come from working on my psychology and purging past trauma from my subconscious mind and finding my peace of mind. Diet and exercise are a relatively small contributor but still important.  I've exercised and eaten clean and still had major problems with autoimmune issues that solved themselves when I worked on my psychology.

If you go according to polyvagal Theory you need to work on cultivating your ventral vagal nervous system which is basically the playful social side for optimal health. Unfortunately introverts will always be at a disadvantage because it's harder to stimulate that part of your nervous system when you're not socially engaged. It's doable with mindfulness practice and the whole process of personal development however.

There are a number of people on this forum who are stuck in dorsal vagal mode which is the depressed and defeated state which is the worst state for the body to be in. In that state you will be subject to a number of Health problems just as you would be if you were stuck in sympathetic dominant mode. I can speak 100% from experience for me this isn't just Theory.

https://themovementparadigm.com/how-to-map-your-own-nervous-sytem-the-polyvagal-theory/

Edited by sholomar

@sholomar sucks that this is the truth in my case, just so hard to work through it