Vynce

About the last Insight post and general critique of Leo

324 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Spiral Wizard said:

Chasing higher and higher levels of consciousness is running away from pain. It’s clinging, resistance & suffering.

This has nothing to do with it.

Do not muddle Consciousness with human crap. It's you who is clinging to your humanity and using that to corrupt pure Consciousness.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 9/23/2023 at 1:39 PM, vibv said:

By not choosing otherwise. Yes, it’s all deliberate choosing. How can you guarantee that you’ll always choose up? Well, that problem doesn’t exist. You just don’t trust yourself enough yet.

Absolute consciousness, doesn't discriminate. It sees being tortured in a prision in Madagascar exactly as same as being born in a rich family in finland. That's how God sees it. 

There is nothing to choose when you have the power to choose. All is love. So the only thing that is left to do in merely exploring all possibilities, forgetting and remembering, over and over again and again forever. 

There is no choosing something because you don't like it. 

Just sit and look at something. Look at a wall or cat or a screen or whatever in front of you. 

Now realise that this is what you are going to do for freking eternity. Like literally with no breaks for eternity over and over again. And again. Then you do it again.

Some of those dreams could be nightmares and others could be pleasent. 

On 9/23/2023 at 1:35 PM, Leo Gura said:

Right. But also a dog doesn't mind

But I can't stop minding. I guess I should live this life to the max before I imagine some shithole nightmare for 80 years. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

But I can't stop minding.

But you will die. So all is good.

Make a habit of not worrying about things you cannot change.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Bobby_2021 It's true that all is equally perfect. God doesn't move from imperfection to perfection, it moves from perfection to perfection.

This perfection is furthermore far more profound than you realize right now. It has a structure, a harmony, it's like an orchestra playing the greatest symphony ever invented. Every dissonance is exactly as it should be and constitutes Beauty. You can take nothing away and you can't add anything to it.

I guess I should live this life to the max before I imagine some shithole nightmare for 80 years. 

Even that would be equally perfect ;) But it's not random! That's also part of the perfection. A symphony isn't random noises, its structure is equally important to the whole as its content, there's actually no difference.

The only reason you may feel otherwise is because your understanding hasn't penetrated into Perfection, Beauty & Love enough yet. But even that is part of Perfection.

Edited by vibv

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

Every breath you take
And every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you

Every single day
And every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you

Oh, can't you see
You belong to me?
How my poor heart aches
With every step you take?

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

20 hours ago, Osaid said:

It is wild. Big cognitive dissonance.

I think it happens from taking too many psychedelics. At some point he genuinely convinced himself that there is "more beyond the Absolute" and he just phrases it as "higher consciousness."

People trust that their perception is the truth, it's a natural mental process. If they were to have the state of mind that constantly doubts their perception they wouldn't be able to function in life.

So I'm not going to criticize someone for believing their own perception is the truth, although I find it interesting how vehemently some will deny others perception.

Especially with people who claim to be some sort of spiritually 'awake', one would think they are more aware of the potential diversity of perception, even while trusting their own perception.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The higher degree of consciousness you reach, the more physical reality will melt before your eyes into a liquid mindscape.

Higher consciousness is liquid, lower consciousness is solid.

If you become conscious enough, your couch can literally melt into a talking dragon. This is a good example of what I mean by "higher consciousness".

You ain't really conscious until you start seeing dragons.

One time I became so conscious I started seeing dragons and demons crawling between the gaps in empty space. That's when things get interesting. That's when you really start to understand CONSCIOUSNESS.

I experience a curious aspect within these highly liquid realms: a curiosity of creation. With an underlying awareness of construct awareness, there can be a sense of being the creator of the dragons. Perhaps akin to the "Magician" level within Cook-Greuter's "Construct-Aware" stage. There is a sense of "me" creating, yet if that "me" tries to take more control, the creation is usually lost. I've discovered a few dynamics at play:

1) Complete dissolving of self and emergence of Creation that is appearing.

2) A sense of "Co-creation" in which there is a sense of self, yet also a Higher Self. This would be similar to a lucid dream in which the self realizes it's dreaming and begins co-creating with a Higher Dreamer. Yet there is a very fine balance. If the self tries to take too much control, the Co-creation is lost. 

3) A sense of full control over the dream. As an example, one time I was doing Yin Yoga (long hold stretches) and went into the "Co-creation" realm. I noticed that I could start transforming the pain of the stretch into different forms. At first, the "I" surrendered into what was transforming and allowed it to happen. Yet the "I" gained the ability of limited control - as if it was a magic wand. Yet it wasn't something I could intentionally do, it was more of a gift / grace / higher wisdom. I then had full control and able to do whatever I wanted with the pain sensations. I transformed them into the texture and taste of chocolate. I transformed them to flairs emanating from my joints. I could make them chilly snowflakes or a warm whirlpool. . . When I eventually snapped out of it, I realized I held that posture for about an hour and went way too far. I was in severe pain and I must have strained tendons / ligaments / muscles - I was in pain for about a week. . . I'm convinced that I could have been naked under a pile of snow and felt no discomfort as I was creating. In this case, the saying "Don't forget the body" rings true.

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

YOU are reality and you are conscious to various degrees.

Everything is consciousness but not equally conscious.

Awakening requires more consciousness than non-Awakening. Otherwise there would be no point to spiritual practice.

Just no.

Consciousness is exactly like a light bulb. It shines in many degrees of brightness. All light is light, but not all light is equally bright.

If you believe you are at max brightness you have lost yo mind.

How bright a light bulb is doesn't reveal to us the qualities of electricity that flows through it in creating the light, it shows us the qualities of the bulb. So pointing to the bulb in trying to explain electricity fails to recognize the nature of electricity available isn't shown to us through the amount or quality of light the bulb displays.

Us as the metaphorical bulb with how much 'awakeness' someone has doesn't tell us how much consciousness is available to us, it just shows how much consciousness, or 'brightness', we show. A rock and us have the same exact amount and quality of consciousness available, but obviously there is a difference in how aware, awakened or 'conscious' of it we display.

So, yes, everything is consciousness but not equally conscious yet the degree of conscious something or someone is, does not reveal the absolute fullness of consciousness that exists and permeates throughout reality which is not dependent on the 'bulbs' ability to display it. It really is surprising how simple obvious this is and still is so illusive to grasp.

11 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

I experience a curious aspect within these highly liquid realms: a curiosity of creation. With an underlying awareness of construct awareness, there can be a sense of being the creator of the dragons. Perhaps akin to the "Magician" level within Cook-Greuter's "Construct-Aware" stage. There is a sense of "me" creating, yet if that "me" tries to take more control, the creation is usually lost. I've discovered a few dynamics at play:

2) A sense of "Co-creation" in which there is a sense of self, yet also a Higher Self. This would be similar to a lucid dream in which the self realizes it's dreaming and begins co-creating with a Higher Dreamer. Yet there is a very fine balance. If the self tries to take too much control, the Co-creation is lost. 

3) A sense of full control over the dream. As an example, one time I was doing Yin Yoga (long hold stretches) and went into the "Co-creation" realm. I noticed that I could start transforming the pain of the stretch into different forms. At first, the "I" surrendered into what was transforming and allowed it to happen. Yet the "I" gained the ability of limited control - as if it was a magic wand. Yet it wasn't something I could intentionally do, it was more of a gift / grace / higher wisdom. I then had full control and able to do whatever I wanted with the pain sensations. I transformed them into the texture and taste of chocolate. I transformed them to flairs emanating from my joints. I could make them chilly snowflakes or a warm whirlpool. . . When I eventually snapped out of it, I realized I held that posture for about an hour and went way too far. I was in severe pain and I must have strained tendons / ligaments / muscles - I was in pain for about a week. . . I'm convinced that I could have been naked under a pile of snow and felt no discomfort as I was creating. In this case, the saying "Don't forget the body" rings true.

Yeah, of course. You're tapping into the Infinite Imagination aspect of Consciousness. It's like a primodial soup of imagination and it tends to be very choatic, unlike the material dream.

10 minutes ago, SOUL said:

How bright a light bulb is doesn't reveal to us the qualities of electricity that flows through it in creating the light, it shows us the qualities of the bulb. So pointing to the bulb in trying to explain electricity fails to recognize the nature of electricity available isn't shown to us through the amount or quality of light the bulb displays.

This is a bad metaphor because in the case of Consciousness everything merges into One.

Edited by Leo Gura

4 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Actions reveal how you really feel...if you want to be left out...why did you respond?

You replied to my post that replied to someone else and then seemed to get manic about our subsequent exchange. Yes, actions reveal how you feel, that is something you don't need me for so leave me out of it. Are we done here?

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

This is a bad metaphor because in the case of Consciousness everything merges into One.

I used the metaphor you used, if it's bad, then why did you use it?

It is kind of bad because the more resistance a bulb has the more light it shows which is the opposite with awakening. The less resistance we have the more consciousness it reveals in us, but it's still obvious that our degree of conscious awakening doesn't change the absolute of consciousness.

Again, it was your metaphor.

1 minute ago, SOUL said:

I used the metaphor you used, if it's bad, then why did you use it?

You turned my nondual metaphor into a dualistic one, thereby ruining it.

Edited by Leo Gura

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You turned my nondual metaphor into a dualistic one, thereby ruining it.

You really just said that? Just wow, too funny. Maybe you can explain to me how you perceive that your use was nondual and mine was dual...this should be interesting. Haha

I would love to continue this exchange, but right now I have a long day of enjoying the amazing weather ahead of me so will return tonight and read any replies to my responses. I won't guarantee I'll have the energy to reply to them until morning, though.

Peace brother.

Edited by SOUL

38 minutes ago, SOUL said:

You replied to my post that replied to someone else and then seemed to get manic about our subsequent exchange. Yes, actions reveal how you feel, that is something you don't need me for so leave me out of it. Are we done here?

Your doing it again....I told you....lol you can't help yourself. I'm never done... cause I don't have any problem the point is if you have a problem just disengage. You are acting like I have power over you. Are we done here? That's up to you....disengaging is always an option and clearly...you don't want to disengage. I am loving this engagement because again..I don't see a problem....are you getting it?

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

53 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

I had basically this happen in my first trip.

There is something interesting I learned during Lucid-Dreaming. I generally have quite a lot of lucid dreams, and for the past 2 years my goal was to improve my mind's eye visualization abilities. I was taught there there is a similarity between intentional visualization (which I am very bad at, almost aphantasic) and dreaming. When learning to visualize, you have to almost put yourself into a trance like state, and it is important that you don't try to "control" what you want to visualize. This is tricky, because the mind only knows control, that's how it goes through life. I control my body and my mind to achieve things, but how can I control my way into visualization?

It is similar to meditation, in that the more you try to control, less it will work.

With imagination, you do not manifest through control, but rather through intention and believe. So, to visualize a cat, you have to convince yourself that you are seeing a cat. You don't actually create the cat by some direct means, rather, you simply imagine you were seeing the cat until you convinced your brain to such a degree that the cat appeared as a visual phenomenon in your mind's eye.

I took this knowledge and applied it in lucid dreaming, because I would over and over have the problem that once I was lucid and tried to steer my reality, the dream would collapse and I would wake up. I was trying to be too controlling. So, the next dream I employed a trick. I had a certain dream scenario, and then I took a binocular out of my pocket and I convinced myself that looking through the binocular I would see another place. And it worked, as I looked through it, I suddenly found myself in the place I wanted to be, because I somehow convinced my brain that it was what I would see through the binoculars. I didn't control myself into it, rather I used the binocular as an object to project my intention and belief onto.

It is like drinking orange juice during a bad LSD trip. If you drink orange juice, your bad trip will instantly transform into a good one. This will happen if you are convinced of it happening. If you truly believe the orange juice has that effect, you can use the orange juice to actually alter the trajectory of the trip.

Usually, the way we employ control is through left brained type of means. Though, the subconscious and dreamlike state cannot be controlled this way. It requires vision, intention and belief. Obviously it's hard to describe in words, the true difference, but once you kind of grasp Left-Brain vs Right-Brain Mode of being, you get a good sense what the difference is. One is trying to control, the other is convincing oneself such that the dream gets changed into that.

The dream is determined by your belief-state. If you are scared and paranoid, the dream will become scarier. And if you try to control it, you wake up because the dream state is not a brain-state of control, but of complete relaxation. This is because the dream state requires a certain brain-wave state, which is different the conscious-control brain-wave state.

This teaches us the value of shamanic objects, totems and so forth. Objects into which we concentrate certain mental belief structures, intentions and emotions. By tying those aspects to the objects, we can, during a trip, use those objects to steer the experience, which is what shamans have been doing as well. It is similar to using an external memory palace.

By the way, Leo has reported for a long time that he never came into contact with beings during his trips. The reason for this is his bias towards left-brain-mode. It is also what makes him overthink and overvalue contemplation. He is only now kind of discovering the more relaxed, right-brain type of mode of cognition.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

1 hour ago, vibv said:

The only reason you may feel otherwise is because your understanding hasn't penetrated into Perfection, Beauty & Love enough yet. But even that is part of Perfection.

A nightmare is also perfection. You would not be able to know that at the moment you are in it. 

51 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah, of course. You're tapping into the Infinite Imagination aspect of Consciousness. It's like a primodial soup of imagination and it tends to be very choatic, unlike the material dream.

In addition to chaotic spaces, there are spaces in which there are naturally flows. . .  One time I was in a forest and the environment transformed into a mystical realm of dark magic, spells and ancestral spirits. This could have become very chaotic, yet it became a curious exploration in which I was shown a new way of relating to reality. A way many people have and do. 

In addition to an Infinite Imagination aspect of Consciousness, this space can also include aspects of Infinite Insight, Wisdom and Understanding. ? 

35 minutes ago, Scholar said:

By the way, Leo has reported for a long time that he never came into contact with beings during his trips. The reason for this is his bias towards left-brain-mode. It is also what makes him overthink and overvalue contemplation. He is only now kind of discovering the more relaxed, right-brain type of mode of cognition.

My God. The nonsense you guys concoct.

Don't make me chase you with a broom.

Edited by Leo Gura

42 minutes ago, Scholar said:

By the way, Leo has reported for a long time that he never came into contact with beings during his trips. The reason for this is his bias towards left-brain-mode. It is also what makes him overthink and overvalue contemplation. He is only now kind of discovering the more relaxed, right-brain type of mode of cognition

Leo does'n't talk to entities, Leo become the entity. What was it? Oh an alien mouse :P

Now jokes aside, I think Leo cognition type massively improved after doing psychedelics. He became more poetic and sensational, remmeber that poetic episode he released once? God, it was amazing.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

45 minutes ago, Scholar said:

With imagination, you do not manifest through control, but rather through intention and believe. So, to visualize a cat, you have to convince yourself that you are seeing a cat. You don't actually create the cat by some direct means, rather, you simply imagine you were seeing the cat until you convinced your brain to such a degree that the cat appeared as a visual phenomenon in your mind's eye.

Though, the subconscious and dreamlike state cannot be controlled this way. It requires vision, intention and belief. 

I can see how intention and belief could be used to develop a particular SuperNormal ability, yet this is not my area of SuperNormal ability. That type of intention and belief could allow entry into an area, yet would actually be a major block to me and prevent me from entry into the area I describe. 

For example, there is no way I could enter a forest thinking “I believe this is a magical forest and I am a Shaman with SuperNatural powers. If I believe enough, it will manifest”. This won’t work for the space I describe since “Belief” assumes the unreal “appears” to be real because I tricked my mind to “believe” it’s real.  Yet the space I describe is as real as any other real, so the dynamic of belief prevents entry, because a “real vs imagined” dynamic is created. 

Rather, I would enter the forest and allow space for creation - and what arises, arises. If a magical forest appeared and I was a Shaman, thats as real as if I was walking through a “regular” forest with “ordinary” trees, birds, flowers and bees. They are both imaginary as well.