Psychonaut

Dependence on music

15 posts in this topic

I have noticed that music is ever present for me. Especially in hard times, when I am very happy or very sad, when I am tripping and when I am sharing a moment in time with friends.

It might sound cringe, but to me music is a universal language, that can evoke emotions in humans, no matter the culture, language, gender or other factor that can be used to divide up humans. The place that a certain type of music takes me to is similar for me and I believe it takes others in the same direction. The hard part is letting go and letting the music do its thing. Music is one of the few things that I can fully let myself go in and blank out everyone around me. When I let go, my body dances and I let it do its thing and don't care about anyone judging me. It is truly beautiful.

I am getting a bit concerned to how dependent I am on music for emotional stability and I feel like I am having trouble letting go of it. 

Why do we always try to create unnecessary problems, I don't know. This is beautiful. The Universe is a Tristan Chord. Let it be, not let it go. If it's not disrupting anything, enjoy yourself. The mind loves to create problems to solve. Don't let it take this joy away from you. You are dependent on something in your life right now that you're not aware of. But it's not a problem because you just haven't noticed it. We are always dependent on something outside of ourselves to deal with something else outside of ourselves. Enjoy your music and dance.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

As a musician I fully support your addiction to Music. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

27 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

The Universe is a Tristan Chord. .

My birth name is Tristan. I’m a m7b5 chord if I recall. Not that it matters.

Sailing on the ceiling 

8 minutes ago, Rigel said:

My birth name is Tristan. I’m a m7b5 chord if I recall. Not that it matters.

❤️ lovely

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

10 hours ago, Psychonaut said:

Music is one of the few things that I can fully let myself go in and blank out everyone around me.

That is the magic of music. It can take you directly into pure presence Iike no other form of art can, since it doesn't point to anything outside of itself.

A picture is a picture of something. A book is a book about something. (Instrumental) music on the other hand is ever only purely itself. L'art pour l'art in its very essence!

The fact that music is simultaneously the most abstract and the most directly touching art form should clue you in about the true nature of existence.

And yes, it is 100% addictive. Welcome to Musicoholics Anonymous, my friend. :D

Why so serious?

6 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

The Universe is a Tristan Chord.

As an incurable Richard Wagner maniac, I second this. xDxDxD

Tristan Und Isolde is the greatest opera about spiritual awakening ever written... just listened to it again recently, and it just floors me every goddamn time.

Wer des Todes Nacht
liebend erschaut,
wem sie ihr tief
Geheimnis vertraut:
des Tages Lügen,
Ruhm und Ehr‘,
Macht und Gewinn,
so schimmernd hehr,
wie eitler Staub der Sonnen
sind sie vor dem zersponnen!
In des Tages eitlem Wähnen
bleibt ihm ein einzig Sehnen,
das Sehnen hin
zur heil’gen Nacht,
wo urewig,
einzig wahr
Liebeswonne ihm lacht!

- Tristan, Act 2 -

:x

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

10 hours ago, Psychonaut said:

I am getting a bit concerned to how dependent I am on music for emotional stability and I feel like I am having trouble letting go of it. 

Some of my most spiritual moments have been listening to music. I listen whilst working, I listen whilst driving. I dance to music in the mornings. I use music as a time machine to remind me of good times. I use it to block out the world when it's too much. Music rocks!

Other times I don't listen to music, if I want a different kind of presence. I hike silently, I run silently, I read silently.

Just do you and don't worry.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

I'm pretty much the same, music is huge for me.

However, have you ever had a really good meditation session in complete silence? When you're turning inward, focusing on the present moment, and like, you're just happy by literally nothing?

If so (this is gonna sound neo advaita-y), that might mean that you don't really need music in order to feel happy, balanced, and emotionally stable. 

And I'm not saying that it's easy to let go of music if it is that important to you, however, you can work on it day-by-day.

I've been committed to making music since I was a child, and I never thought that I'd spend time away from it. But then life happened and everything was ripped away from me. Long story short, I was unable to make proper music for nearly 5 years. I clearly had to learn how to live without it. Appreciating the silence, just as much as I love sound. At least that's the message I got from the Universe.

Got back on track, stronger and better than before, and I definitely feel like I benefited from the pause. Things seem more balanced now. But yeah, it wasn't easy, at all.

You know, I gave my microtonal guitars to some very educated guitarists to play and it was very amusing that they were so affected by it, it's like something invisible is affecting them and making them confused, laughing and causing such a reaction to them. They had a well tought out and calibrated model about the concept of music which is so deep in their cognition and when this base changes they feel like children again.

Edited by Applegarden8

15 hours ago, ivankiss said:

I've been committed to making music since I was a child, and I never thought that I'd spend time away from it. But then life happened and everything was ripped away from me. Long story short, I was unable to make proper music for nearly 5 years. I clearly had to learn how to live without it. Appreciating the silence, just as much as I love sound. At least that's the message I got from the Universe.

Got back on track, stronger and better than before, and I definitely feel like I benefited from the pause. Things seem more balanced now. But yeah, it wasn't easy, at all.

I can resonate as I have had similar experience. But I found quite a few solutions, cheers man. Still up to the collab if you want.

On 9/20/2023 at 10:45 AM, Applegarden8 said:

I can resonate as I have had similar experience. But I found quite a few solutions, cheers man. Still up to the collab if you want.

Getting there bro, it will happen sooner or later haha! All the best to you, keep rockin'!

You too man, here is some vapourwave by yours truly.

Edited by Applegarden8