Zedman

Russell Brand is being accused of rape

681 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Of course, some women will falsely accuse men with rape but this is the minority, like 10-20% of cases and this is why I said what I said. 

From what I have seen so far in my yet short life when a celebrity gets accused of sexual misconduct or rape, it is true in most cases.

How many celebrities are in jail or have ever been in jail for rape. Celebrities make good targets also. I argue from both sides.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

16 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

How many celebrities are in jail or have ever been in jail for rape. Celebrities make good targets also. I argue from both sides.

There’s been many from Mike Tyson to most recently Danny Masterson.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Welp, YT has now demonitized Russell Brand:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/19/media/russell-brand-youtube-channel-monetization/index.html

That is quite gross to demonitize for only hearsay.

This possibly a historic moment going forwards, grossly demonetizing from just hearsay.

To be fair, this also happened to Mr. Girl's Channel, but it was mass reported for just one of his videos after his more emotionally charged opinion of Nick Fuentes.  

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Welp, YT has now demonitized Russell Brand:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/19/media/russell-brand-youtube-channel-monetization/index.html

That is quite gross to demonitize for only hearsay.

Yup. This is what can happen when you put your monetization in the hands of a larger entity. Especially when they have loosey goosey terms of policy ("creator responsibility policy"). I suspect others will follow suit.

18 minutes ago, Alex M said:

when you put your monetization in the hands of a larger entity.

Hard to avoid that these days. Some large company has to handle your payments.

YT is over-reaching here. They must have gotten a ton of angry fan mail to ban Brand over the last few days. This thing is turning into a clusterfuck. At this point it's not clear how a Youtuber needs to behave off-platform not to get cancelled. For example, I have no idea what off-platform conduct is unacceptable to YT. Kinda concerning. It's one thing to police on-platform content, but now YT polices your off-platform behavior??? And not only that, but even hearsay and rumors about your off-platform behavior can get you banned?

That's so problematic.

If YT wants to ban Brand they should at least wait until he is convicted in court. And even if he is convincted of rape, I don't see why that should get his channel banned. It's not like his videos promote rape. Many celebrities have been convicted of many things. Kobe Bryant was accused of rape. Does that mean Kobe Bryant videos should be removed from YT?

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura the BBC (owned by the british government) contacted YouTube asking for the monetization status of Russell's channel...  that is an implicit demand to demonetize him, which YouTube basically accepted.

3 minutes ago, Tobia said:

@Leo Gura the BBC (owned by the british government) contacted YouTube asking for the monetization status of Russell's channel...  that is an implicit demand to demonetize him, which YouTube basically accepted.

I think YT got flooded by angry women after that documentary.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

YT is over-reaching here. They must have gotten a ton of angry fan mail to ban Brand over the last few days. This thing is turning into a clusterfuck. At this point it's not clear how a Youtuber needs to behave off-platform not to get cancelled. For example, I have no idea what off-platform conduct is unacceptable to YT. Kinda concerning. It's one thing to police on-platform content, but now YT polices your off-platform behavior??? And only that, but even hearsay and rumors about your off-platform behavior can get you banned?

That's so problematic.

If YT wants to ban Brand they should at least wait until he is convicted in court. And even if he is convincted of rape, I don't see why that should get his channel banned. It's not like he promotes rape. Many celebrities have been convicted of many things.

This going to be a contentious event, which those with deep anti mainstream and anti establishment sentiments will spin off to support their narrative of less regulation. By YouTube capitulating to the mass reporting or hate mails they receive, sets a bad president for other companies.

They should start giving clear, long explicit lists of behaviors in their policies that clearly break guidelines and policy, and maybe take inspiration from your forum guideline page. 

@Tobia

4 minutes ago, Tobia said:

I feel like this is another example of how over consuming social media, internet and online culture/communities leads to increases in mental health problems of all sorts. From fake/false self image issues via beautifying image algorithms, ideological proliferation via forums, increases in ADD/ADHD and codependency of information intake and unhealthy Para socialization via Streaming formats, Twitch, Twitter, and Tik Tok, and increases of narcissism/sociopathy/psychopathy and neurosis from these social media sites, and a false expectation of entitlement to one's opinion. 

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

YT is over-reaching here. They must have gotten a ton of angry fan mail to ban Brand over the last few days. This thing is turning into a clusterfuck. At this point it's not clear how a Youtuber needs to behave off-platform not to get cancelled. For example, I have no idea what off-platform conduct is unacceptable to YT. Kinda concerning. It's one thing to police on-platform content, but now YT polices your off-platform behavior??? And only that, but even hearsay and rumors about your off-platform behavior can get you banned?

That's so problematic.

If YT wants to ban Brand they should at least wait until he is convicted in court. And even if he is convincted of rape, I don't see why that should get his channel banned. It's not like he promotes rape. Many celebrities have been convicted of many things. Kobe Bryant was accused of rape. Does that mean Kobe Bryant videos should be removed from YT?

Absolutely. It's a total shit-show. It falling into this very unhealthy cancel culture. I suspect YouTube are just winging it and going with the most popular media narrative or like you said succumbing to user backlash.

Edited by Alex M

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If YT wants to ban Brand they should at least wait until he is convicted in court. 

Exactly.

Love is the λόγος' of humanity. The very important thing is to Love all flora and fauna of all kinds of species that inhabit the environment. Whether you call it Mother Earth or Gaia etc." To love all beings in the world and Universe with unconditionally Love and unbiased. Humanity doesn't mean only love it includes compassion peace and being kind generous to one another and non-judgmental and having more respect for others, especially your elders. Trying to always see the best in people. Being more authentic and more genuine and having moral integrity and values. Try to think for yourselves somewhere along the way humans have lost the ability to independent thought. Forgive all, especially yourselves, and always speak well of everyone because you never know what they're going through or have been through. Always be there for your family and friends and above all just be you and recognize and embrace your individuality, your own unique beautiful self. Try and love yourself a bit more every day and never stop dreaming or using your wonderful human Imagination.❤♾❤?    

@Alex M

1 minute ago, Alex M said:

Absolutely. It's a total shit-show. It falling into this very unhealthy cancel culture. I suspect YouTube are just winging it and going with the most popular media narrative. 

Which is problematic in the future, as it gives a false sense of self entitlement to one's opinions. The internet/online communities and digital culture is rotting most of the minds out at this point, too much information in fact too much misinformation in our current information landscape.

In the end YT is gonna do whatever keeps the most people happy.

But this policy is not sustainable. There needs to be a quasi-legal like process where YTbers have a chance to defend themselves against mob outrage and slander/gossip.

Some new President needs to establish a court that deals exclusively with social media cancelations because this is getting out of hand.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Jehovah increases

1 minute ago, Jehovah increases said:

Exactly.

But good luck saying that to companies nowadays which are now incentivized to go for sound bits, sensational takes and over exaggerated points for clicks and views, thanks to how toxic the internet has become now.

10 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Jehovah increases

But good luck saying that to companies nowadays which are now incentivized to go for sound bits, sensational takes and over exaggerated points for clicks and views, thanks to how toxic the internet has become now.

The Internet has become a very toxic place nowadays. And it all comes back to one thing.

Edited by Jehovah increases

Love is the λόγος' of humanity. The very important thing is to Love all flora and fauna of all kinds of species that inhabit the environment. Whether you call it Mother Earth or Gaia etc." To love all beings in the world and Universe with unconditionally Love and unbiased. Humanity doesn't mean only love it includes compassion peace and being kind generous to one another and non-judgmental and having more respect for others, especially your elders. Trying to always see the best in people. Being more authentic and more genuine and having moral integrity and values. Try to think for yourselves somewhere along the way humans have lost the ability to independent thought. Forgive all, especially yourselves, and always speak well of everyone because you never know what they're going through or have been through. Always be there for your family and friends and above all just be you and recognize and embrace your individuality, your own unique beautiful self. Try and love yourself a bit more every day and never stop dreaming or using your wonderful human Imagination.❤♾❤?    

The alleged incidents cover a period between 2006 and 2013.  That means it goes back almost 17 years.   But the women say that they never thought of bringing charges until they were contacted by reporters.  That raises the issue of how were the women ever found if they never reported it?  Is a weaponized version of AI being used by the power elites to silence any significant voice that challenges their narrative.   Think of it, an AI program can go through the records of your entire past now to find ways of attacking you if you speak out.   The below video plays one of the tapes that have been released of one of these women talking and explains why he believes that the voice has been AI generated.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Leo Gura @Danioover9000

Russels channel has grown faster than any news channel on the internet and they see it as a threat.  The major share holders for major news networks are also own by the same people that have shares in google.  

Lets say there are angry women writing into youtube to get them to demonetize Brand.... There are gun channels that are monetization on youtube despite of school shootings happening so I dont think it has to do with angry women writing in about Brand because I would see a bunch of angry parents writing to youtube all the time every time there is a shooting.  

@Jodistrict

12 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

The alleged incidents cover a period between 2006 and 2013.  That means it goes back almost 17 years.   But the women say that they never thought of bringing charges until they were contacted by reporters.  That raises the issue of how were the women ever found if they never reported it?  Is a weaponized version of AI being used by the power elites to silence any significant voice that challenges their narrative.   Think of it, an AI program can go through the records of your entire past now to find ways of attacking you if you speak out.   The below video plays one of the tapes that have been released of one of these women talking and explains why he believes that the voice has been AI generated.

That could potentially be a factor, among other factors involved in this situation. This reminds me of another context with coverage of trans issues, and the question of whether it's mostly ideologically based and propagated via information and social media, versus actual gender dysphoria felt in that person? Science and psychology has yet to parse this ratio properly, plus due to the polarizing takes, both sides of the political wings will be close minded and dogmatic instead of taking a more centrist view of this specific issue. 

7 minutes ago, Tanz said:

@Leo Gura @Danioover9000

Russels channel has grown faster than any news channel on the internet and they see it as a threat.  The major share holders for major news networks are also own by the same people that have shares in google.  

Lets say there are angry women writing into youtube to get them to demonetize Brand.... There are gun channels that are monetization on youtube despite of school shootings happening so I dont think it has to do with angry women writing in about Brand because I would see a bunch of angry parents writing to youtube all the time every time there is a shooting.  

I disagree.

Don't forget that YT/Google also have many internal employees who are easily offended by issues such as rape and LGBTQ+ issues.

#MeToo cancellations have a power beyond most other issues. Look at how Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis got attacked and nearly canceled last week just for writing some letters to a judge in the Danny Materson trial.

Edited by Leo Gura