BlessedLion

Ralston Gives A Clear Answer To Metaphysical Love Question

1,194 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, Jehovah increases said:

Please enlighten me on what is Enlightenment.

Love is the λόγος' of humanity. The very important thing is to Love all flora and fauna of all kinds of species that inhabit the environment. Whether you call it Mother Earth or Gaia etc." To love all beings in the world and Universe with unconditionally Love and unbiased. Humanity doesn't mean only love it includes compassion peace and being kind generous to one another and non-judgmental and having more respect for others, especially your elders. Trying to always see the best in people. Being more authentic and more genuine and having moral integrity and values. Try to think for yourselves somewhere along the way humans have lost the ability to independent thought. Forgive all, especially yourselves, and always speak well of everyone because you never know what they're going through or have been through. Always be there for your family and friends and above all just be you and recognize and embrace your individuality, your own unique beautiful self. Try and love yourself a bit more every day and never stop dreaming or using your wonderful human Imagination.❤♾❤?    

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Someone here I am not rude out of thin air, but after months and years of putting up nonsense.

You guys need to get serious. You are making poor arguments and getting lost in the same self-deceptions over and over again.

You should notice that I use a variety of methods on you. I use logic, I use humor, I use patient explanation, and when all that fails I get rude with you. And finally I ban you. This is the ladder of escalation.

I agree that some people we find difficult to deal with have been put in our path in order to teach us something.. even if it's only how to deal with difficult people like you .but .. Unfortunately.. the presence of A-holes in positions of spirituality is extremely common..so the skill of talking respectfully to your followers can be very valuable.

please try to bite your tongue with this rudeness and you may be glad you learned this kind of restraint at some later date whenthe stakes are higher. So...❤

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

No they won't.

You are speaking garbage.

Ralston's idiot enlightened apprentice, Brendon Lea, has no idea what Love is. And that's because all he does is blindly follow Ralston's every word. Which does not include Love.

How many of Ralston's followers have had confused breakdowns about solipsism? And love?

What about your followers? Are they becoming more enlightened than Ralston when they take psychedelics? Apply your own criticisms to yourself.

You will find many frequent psychedelic users who are just batshit confused about their experiences, and looking to YOU for solace on their metaphysical insights. That's basically the gist of this entire forum. Because they are not even aware of what they are talking about. That is the dynamic here. But this also happens percisely because you are not aware of it as well. So it is ignorance and I am not blaming you.

Your followers are blindly adopting your own words as well. This is not purely a Ralston phenomenon. This is a phenomenon of human psychology in general.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

16 minutes ago, Osaid said:

How many of Ralston's followers have had confused breakdowns about solipsism? And love?

No idea.

Love? Probably none.

What about your followers?

Solipsism, certainly. Which is why I took down that video.

Are they becoming more enlightened than Ralston when they take psychedelics?

Some are, some aren't. It's hard to measure such things.

Apply your own criticisms to yourself.

That's fair.

But in this case my point was very specific. Ralston's apprentice claims to be "enlightened" by your and Ralston's definitions. However, he doesn't know what Love is. How can this be?

You will find many frequent psychedelic users who are just batshit confused about their experiences, and looking to YOU for solace on their metaphysical insights.

And I give fairly straightforward answers about what psychedelic experiences are and how they work. Of course that doesn't mean people will have an easy time integrating or embodying them.

Yes, psychedelics will screw with your mind. But they can also take you to insane levels of understanding yourself and reality. I'm not that relevant to the process. In a sense, the psychedelic is your teacher, not me. Which is what makes psychedelics superior to all human teachings. If you are smart you will use psychedelics to replace me as your teacher.

Of course, be warned, the higher you go in consciousness the more unstable your mind will become. This level of instability is not reached via any other spiritual techniques because no other spiritual technique grants you such high consciousness. So don't bite off more than you can handle.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But in this case my point was very specific. Ralston's apprentice claims to be "enlightened" by your and Ralston's definitions. However, he doesn't know what Love is. How can this be?

I don't know him very well, but this can't be the case if he is actually enlightened.

I also don't trust your assessment that he "doesn't know what Love" is, because this is what you claimed of Ralston a few times in this thread, which I disagree with.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Leo Gura I want to clarify my position on this.  If Ralston does not acknowledge that Love and Goodness are not identical to Truth and properties of the Absolute then his enlightenment is half baked.  That said, you don't need a direct awakening to Love or Goodness in order to be enlightened.    This to me was already so obvious I didn't need it.   I was already conscious of it.  So you aren't going to bave a direct realization to something that is already completely obvious to you.  You are going to have other realizations - such as no self, and Infinity, and that everything is held within your mind.  Much stronger illusions.  These types of things.  So to say someone isn't enlightened because they didn't have the insight- oh my God, reality is made of Love, does not mean they aren't enlightened.   I haven't really listened to much of Ralston, but if he is saying Truth does not have the aspect of Love and Goodness then I believe he is missing a huge part of Truth.   But on the flip side to proclaim that an explicit realization to Love is necessary - it is not.  Because when you become God- you become Love.   The realization of both is redundant.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Osaid said:

I don't know him very well, but it can't be if he is enlightened.

Consider the possibility that it can be, because your idea of enlightenment is childishly simplistic.

I also don't trust your assessment that he "doesn't know what Love" is,

Sure. Go make your own assessments.

because this is what you claimed of Ralston a few times in this thread, which I disagree with.

Or maybe you're just wrong.

6 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Leo Gura I want to clarify my position on this.  If Ralston does not acknowledge that Love and Goodness are not identical to Truth and properties of the Absolute then his enlightenment is half baked. 

Don't take my word for it. Feel free to ask him yourself.

That said, you don't need a direct awakening to Love or Goodness in order to be enlightened.    This to me was already so obvious I didn't need it.   I was already conscious of it.  So you aren't going to bave a direct realization to something that is already completely obvious to you.  You are going to have other realizations - such as no self, and Infinity, and that everything is held within your mind.  Much stronger illusions.  These types of things.  So to say someone isn't enlightened because they didn't have the insight- oh my God, reality is made of Love, does not mean they aren't enlightened.   

Oh, I'm saying something much more radical than that.

I reject the entire notion of enlightenment. So I'm not saying one has to realize love or not. I'm saying that the whole thing is a low level of consciousness.

I haven't really listened to much of Ralston, but if he saying Truth does not have the aspect of Love and Goodness then I believe he is missing a huge part of Truth.   But on the flip side that you need an explicit realization to Love is necessary - it is not.  Because when you become God- you become Love.   The realization of both is redundant.

Consider that there are realizations of Love so deep that you cannot imagine them yet.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

No they won't.

You are speaking garbage.

Ralston's idiot enlightened apprentice, Brendon Lea, has no idea what Love is. And that's because all he does is blindly follow Ralston's every word. Which does not include Love.

41 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Someone here I am not rude out of thin air, but after months and years of putting up nonsense.

You guys need to get serious. You are making poor arguments and getting lost in the same self-deceptions over and over again.

You should notice that I use a variety of methods on you. I use logic, I use humor, I use patient explanation, and when all that fails I get rude with you. And finally I ban you. This is the ladder of escalation.

You say you are not rude out of thin air and that your rudeness is methodical, but the person you call an idiot is not on this forum nor a follower of your teachings.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Consider the possibility that it can be, because your idea of enlightenment is childishly simplistic.

Sure. Go make your own assessments.

Don't take my word for it. Feel free to ask him yourself.

Oh, I'm saying something much more radical than that.

I reject the entire notion of enlightenment. So I'm not saying one has to realize love or not. I'm saying that whole thing is a low level of consciousness.

Consider that there are realization of Love so deep that you cannot imagine them yet.

I convulsed on the floor for hours from God realization/Love..  I think I know how deep it can get. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I convulsed on the floor for hours from God realization/Love..  I think I know how deep it can get. 

You contradict yourself. You just said above that love was so obvious to you that you didn't even need to have an awakening into it.

You made Love seem trivial. Now you make it seem epic. This is confusing students.

Edited by Leo Gura

3 minutes ago, mindcentral said:

You say you are not rude out of thin air and that your rudeness is methodical, but the person you call an idiot is not on this forum nor a follower of your teachings.

I wasn't addressing Brendon, I was addressing people here who are defending Ralston's ideas on Love.

You wanna follow Ralston? You will end up like Brendon.

Edited by Leo Gura

because your idea of enlightenment is childishly simplistic.

It's not an idea. It seems simplistic from your perspective because for you it is an idea.

Part of the deception is that anyone can claim they are enlightened. And if you're not enlightened yourself, all claims about enlightenment are equally real, because it is just an idea for you.

Of course, I have considered this. But, you know, he talks about it in that video. He also makes it clear he doesn't want to entice people with that word. So it makes sense.

Edited by Osaid

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Just suggesting that anyone here wants to follow anyone else, including you, doesn't make sense. We have to open ourself to reality and see. All that  terminology, love, truth, god, is limiting. and Ralston is limited, absolutely. only his position on psychedelics demonstrates this without a doubt. So, why were you being charitable and saying that he was awake when it is obvious that he is limited, that he has a limited idea of enlightenment?

Edited by Breakingthewall

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I wasn't addressing Brendon, I was addressing people here who are defending Ralston's ideas on Love.

Indeed, you were not addressing Brendon, and yet you called him an idiot. I don't see how this can be didactic rudeness, as this is being rude to someone you are not addressing.

I did not make this post because I am a follower of Ralston or to defend his followers, but because your statement vis-a-vis your own rudeness is inconsistent with the rudeness in your post. Truth etc.

27 minutes ago, Osaid said:

It's not an idea. It seems simplistic from your perspective because for you it is an idea.

Enlightenment is imagined by higher Consciousness.

Of course, I have considered this. But, you know, he talks about it in that video. He also makes it clear he doesn't want to entice people with that word. So it makes sense.

It's like two men stranded in the desert for days without water. One man asks the other, "Do you have water?" The other replies, "I have nothing." Then a few days later the man catches him taking a sip from a big bottle of water and he screams: "What?!!! You were drinking water all this time?!!! You told me you hand nothing!" The other man calmly replies, "I didn't want to entice you. What you call water I call nothing."

Edited by Leo Gura

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You contradict yourself. You just said above that love was so obvious to you that you didn't even need to have an awakening into it.

Because the specific word Love never came to mind..unlike my other awakenings where I realized nothingness, infinity, no self, Aloneness, and that God was mind.  God realization itself is that already.  Words are semantics so we have to be careful there.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, mindcentral said:

yet you called him an idiot. I don't see how this can be didactic rudeness

This was exactly didactic rudeness because the point was to communicate to you guys here the stakes of this work. If you don't do this work carefully and properly you will end up an enlightened idiot. I'm not trying to be a jerk here for no reason. There are stakes here which are being overlooked.

Edited by Leo Gura

9 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Part of the deception is that anyone can claim they are enlightened. And if you're not enlightened yourself, all claims about enlightenment are equally real, because it is just an idea for you.

I understand what do you mean with enlightenment and I think it's legit, the true nature of existence, be open now of what this moment is, but there is more, we are the total existence, we can penetrate to the bottom of the flow, the cosmos, we are in a great thing, it's not an idea or a deceit, it's the reality, and I'd say that Leo is pointing that, but he does is a very difficult way to understand, at least to me

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Enlightenment is imagined by higher Consciousness.

It's like two men stranded in the desert for days without water. One man asks the other, "Do you have water?" The other replies, "I have nothing." Then a few days later the man catches him taking a sip from a big bottle of water and he screams: "What?!!! You were drinking water all this time?!!! You told me you hand nothing!" The other man calmly replies, "I didn't want to entice you. What you call water I call nothing."

@Leo Gura you mean that the experience of enlightenment is part of the dream? So what then do you refer to as to be awoken ? 

27 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

reject the entire notion of enlightenment

Enlightenment as is described here is not false , it's limited to one dimension, the dimension of the quality. They say that they realize the true nature of reality, it's essence. It could be real, right? Why you don't admit it? Maybe someone realize the quality of reality full time more deeper that you, but you can penetrate in the depth of what reality is much more deeper that they. Imo enlightenment is límited but not false.