Bazooka Jesus

Barbie ?⭐️?

12 posts in this topic

Sooo, after a long patch of indecision and stinginess I finally dragged my butt to the cinema and watched Barbie... and man, it was fucking HILARIOUS.

There is one part near the scene that is a tad preachy (the "big speech"... those who have seen it will know what I am talking about), which felt a little off because up to that point the writers of the script had done a stellar job at avoiding exactly this sort of heavy-handed sermonizing; but overall the movie managed to strike a wonderful balance between tongue-in-cheek silliness, biting satire and thoughtful observations on human nature. And those right wing Youtube commentators who act like this film is the final nail in the coffin of western civilization seriously need to pull the giant stick out of their conservative asses and get an effing sense of humour, for Christ's sake!

I rate this one a well deserved 9 out of 10 Barbie doll dream houses.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

I didn't like the plot but still it was comedy gold, loved the humour haha. 8 out of Ken.

Hiiii Barb-... uhm, Bazooka!!!

@Bazooka Jesus

For the comedy it was decent, although the writing could improve in some areas. Yes, some internet cultured right wingers who have red pill ideology and unhealthy masculinity will get triggered, but most conservatives and some traditionalists, nationalists are all grounded and have defent humour and can have fun. In fact and these two are the more extreme types that take their comedy farther, the Hodgetwins are a good example of being conservative yet being funny a hell. Believe it or not, most third world countries that are more conservative than liberal have most people being easy going, hard working and funny as hell, in the face of gruelling hardships.

Can't wait for this year's Barbenheimer movie though, the poster looks really good. Can't see why it's so offensive for both the left and the right politics. Most people are soft too pandering and pampered by tbe online internet cultures, too much narcissism and false self images via algorithms, brain rot and ADD/ADHD via online games and too self entitlement and ideologically driven via chats and forums that echo chambers of ideology.

watched it today, , I was proud that green movie earned 1.4 billions, but HOW will she go to gynecologist????  they will have cocktails on appointment I'm sure!!!

2 hours ago, Phil King said:

Lol at the end of the movie, she chose to become a real human so therefore she is now able to go to the gynecologist

it was a joke.

Is Barbie's gynecologist a 12 year old boy with a toothpick?

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This movie isn't even progressive. It is well within bounds of status quo for 20-30 years.

Internet content commentators have their brains rotten.

5 hours ago, Girzo said:

This movie isn't even progressive. It is well within bounds of status quo for 20-30 years.

Well, I'd say it is progressive for a major mainstream summer blockbuster. But sure, it's not exactly an avant-garde piece of radically feminist cinematic iconoclasm.

6 hours ago, Girzo said:

Internet content commentators have their brains rotten.

Yup, zero disagreement there. xD

Btw, I watched Greta Gerwig's Little Women yesterday, and I was as underwhelmed by that one as I was pleasantly surprised by Barbie (in spite - or maybe because - of the glowing critical acclaim that Little Women has received... halfway through the movie I honestly started wondering if I am even watching the same movie that all those critics had heaped their praise on). It has a great cast of actors, but what ruined the movie - apart from a painfully shallow script - was the downright atrocious editing. It chaotically jumped back and forth between different time lines without giving you the slightest hint on which time line you are currently watching... or if there even had been a jump to another time line in the first place. I had to look up reviews afterwards in order to learn that the script revolved around a total of three different time lines; from watching the movie alone, I'd have been none the wiser.

Well, so much for the trustworthiness of film critics and Youtube commentators, lol.

Why so serious?

When I was a kid men would plow the field and bring home the bacon, not go to Barbie movies. 

On 24.9.2023 at 1:11 PM, Butters said:

When I was a kid men would plow the field and bring home the bacon, not go to Barbie movies. 

Pfff, that's some weak shit right there. Back in my time men used to hunt whales, kill grizzly bears with their bare hands, beat up their wifes and drink themselves to death by the age of 50.

I miss the good old times.

Why so serious?