De Sade

How to end false perceptions about/of the false self ?

10 posts in this topic

Perceptions such as race,gender,sex (identity),ethnicity,nationality,social class (just some examples),aswell beliefs about friendship,love,sex (reproduction and pleasure) and success.

What do you mean? Try to give more detail in your posts so people can engage with them.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

There is truth to be discovered in everything you have mentioned.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 08/09/2023 at 0:12 PM, Thought Art said:

What do you mean? Try to give more detail in your posts so people can engage with them.

How to realize that none of these things are real. That's it.

5 minutes ago, De Sade said:

Of course these things are real

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

7 minutes ago, De Sade said:

Simple, just realize that they are concepts in your mind. they are real, as a concept. Concepts have their place, you have to know how to handle them to survive. The reality that you are is not the concepts, obviously, the concepts are just mental structures. As a human, mental structures are essential to adapt to the human hive. without that adaptation there is no survival. You have to handle them skillfully, but how are you going to be something you handle?

When you concentrate on something they end. So live your life with constant concentration. Don't worry about going crazy trying to do that, that's just ego backlash.

22 minutes ago, itsadistraction said:

When you concentrate on something they end. So live your life with constant concentration. Don't worry about going crazy trying to do that, that's just ego backlash.

Makes sense,but how to deal with that classic "fear" that the mind and body feels/share/show,as if they/you are about to die ? I think i have felt that before sometimes,it actually makes me feel as if i was almost there but something pushed me back from "opening the door of awakening".

@De Sade Question those thoughts. First, write those beliefs on paper. Then, sit with them one by one, and ask yourself “is it true?”, and just meditate on that question. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

11 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@De Sade Question those thoughts. First, write those beliefs on paper. Then, sit with them one by one, and ask yourself “is it true?”, and just meditate on that question. 

Thanks.