Razard86

You Can't Tell Me Spirituality Isn't Growing

12 posts in this topic

We got a DJ in this video....playing Allan Watts....it's slowly creeping into spaces it has never been before. The day that it becomes fully Main Stream is not that far off.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

9 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

We got a DJ in this video....playing Allan Watts....it's slowly creeping into spaces it has never been before. The day that it becomes fully Main Stream is not that far off.

Nice!

3 hours ago, gettoefl said:

check out this slice of genius ... maybe some of us need to rework our life purpose

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=691381431376561

Mind helping me with this one? Respectfully of course....I am so lost lol....

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Your life reflects your Self, so, if you become more spiritual, so will the world around you.

The music genre of Chillstep has a good amount of Alan Watts in it.

Edited by LittoDitto

11 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Mind helping me with this one? Respectfully of course....I am so lost lol....

its alan watts as the voiceover for a cunard advert

they took his speech and weaved it into their cruise holidays ad

his words hit deep at least for me

Yea but the thing is most these people have no idea what watts is talking about. I’ve actually had a few mates bring up Alan Watts, and that they listen to him, because they say he had some great things to say, a very wise man. But then the minute I bring up Leo’s work, or my own discoveries, they think I must have lost it, seriously doubt me, or that I’m just plain wrong. These people are listening to Alan Watts from a totally different paradigm, therefore what he says is not being digested in the way watts intended it to be. Being interpreted by people who have no clue what so ever what consciousness is. People rambling Watts in a mainstream manner reminds me of how religion spread, obviously to a lesser degree, but it’s the same dynamics at play, people thinking they know what he’s talking about, interpreting it from a materialist paradigm, and thinking they have some sort of idea. They’ve no idea, and some of my very own good friends are prime examples

On 9/5/2023 at 8:55 AM, Dazgwny said:

Yea but the thing is most these people have no idea what watts is talking about. I’ve actually had a few mates bring up Alan Watts, and that they listen to him, because they say he had some great things to say, a very wise man. But then the minute I bring up Leo’s work, or my own discoveries, they think I must have lost it, seriously doubt me, or that I’m just plain wrong. These people are listening to Alan Watts from a totally different paradigm, therefore what he says is not being digested in the way watts intended it to be. Being interpreted by people who have no clue what so ever what consciousness is. People rambling Watts in a mainstream manner reminds me of how religion spread, obviously to a lesser degree, but it’s the same dynamics at play, people thinking they know what he’s talking about, interpreting it from a materialist paradigm, and thinking they have some sort of idea. They’ve no idea, and some of my very own good friends are prime examples

I agree I have met some people like that as well. Outside of something like 5-Meo I don't think most will understand what he is pointing to in his talks.

Spirituality has been at the heart of human civilization in every culture since before recorded history expressed in an infinite number of ways so this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that is paying attention.

I can tell you that compared to the 1960s/1970s...even 1990s -- this is pitiful.

When you have a Top 10 multiplatinum album about enlightenment (The Who's "Tommy") you can talk about spirituality COMING BACK.

You had huge artists like The Beatles, Donovan, The Moody Blues releasing albums/songs with explicitly spiritual themes.  

Yes's "Close To The Edge" -- one of the most famous prog-rock albums ever was explicitly about enlightenment.

Mahavishnu Orchestra, who were a hugely influential, pioneering fusion act in the 1970s released explicitly spiritual instrumental albums.

Even in the 1990s you had artists like Forest For The Trees with mainstream success.

Maybe I'm not sufficiently in touch with today's culture so I'm willing to be corrected.  Is there anything at that level of impact today?