love

How To Practice Love?

12 posts in this topic

I deeply believe that love is something to work on and something that needs practice. Some ways that I found to practice love are being mindful with my partner and trying to understand. Do you have other ideas? How can I improve in practice of love?

Love the person for who he/she is not for what you think he/she should be. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

How To Practice Love?

Practice being totally accepting, non-judgmental and non-critical of the person. Practice not wanting or needing from that person. Allow them to be who they are for their own benefit and stop wanting them to be anything for your own benefit.

Recognise them as their own seperate being with their own right to 'be'. They are not there for your sake, they exist for their own sake. Support and nurture them and help them be the best version of themselves. And be prepared to let them go if that is what is best for them.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

@FindingPeace You are wise.  Great posts.

Edited by Whywolf

There are practices you can start that will help. But ultimately, I've found that unconditional love is a byproduct of increasing the accuracy of your perception of the world.

For instance, when you're a low consciousness person, you see everyone as separate from you with no connection. In fact, since they're "not you", everything they do is either an attack or something that benefits you. If it's an attack, you're angry / afraid. If it's to your benefit, your love is conditional.

From this perspective, it's easy to see how unconditional love is not possible.

But then your consciousness moves up and your realize the only thing that divides us is concepts in the mind. We are separate, but also the same. Now it's much easier to show unconditional love.

So I won't worry too much about "trying" to show unconditional love. "Trying" to show unconditional love is ego. Heal your own wounds, increase your connectedness to Truth and love can't help but follow.

On 26/03/2017 at 2:32 PM, love said:

I deeply believe that love is something to work on and something that needs practice.

Find yourself in a beautiful sunset...

wIUqeVb.jpg

... then ask yourself:  "Does this love of nature need any work or practice?"
Your true love for others is no different.

Edited by jse

feeling love beyond humans...feeling the actual energy force....feeling it enter you, feeling it within you, and sending it out...like:  love to water, the earth, the universe, etc....it's easier to love humans when you love everything...lol....

In addition to what others have said, work on transcendence. The ego is concerned with its own survival to the point where it distorts your perception of reality and of other people. You will see people either in terms of their usefulness or level of threat to you, rather than the whole, unique individuals they are. Traits which bare no relevance to you will be filtered from awareness altogether and your ego will set conditions upon its "love".

Authentic love is only possible when nothing is needed from the person. You love someone for their own being, you don't require anything from them, they are simply love worthy for who they are.

One day you may get lucky and have an experience of complete egolessness. You feeling of separation with the world will cease and you see as clear as day that every about the universe is absolutely perfect just as it is, including everything which seeks to harm you. When you come to this realisation you may an intense sense of gratitude for the mere fact that you exist and you may experience unconditional love, directed at everyone and everything in the universe. You look down at a stone on the ground and you can see it's inherent perfection, you feeling nothing but love for it. You think of people who you previously disliked or even hated, and yet all you can feel is love toward them. Those who were a threat to your ego, terrorists, rapists, murderers and politicians, are all loved.

On 26/03/2017 at 11:25 AM, abgespaced said:

Practicing Tantra can help.

Yep, do tantric masturbation, learn to love your body and please yourself without any other stimulation, it is very rewarding (whether you're a male or a female) :)

@My_Name_Is_Mud  

What do you mean by this? Tell us more.

Well, as a guy (can't speak for women), it is very rewarding because:

- You learn to control yourself (since you don't ejaculate)

- You have more energy through the day,

- You learn to appreciate and love your body because the orgasms aren't only happening in the penis area (if you do it right and long enough),

- You experience a no-self state at a certain point (and it stays, it's not just the 10 seconds from an ejaculation).

- If you're good enough, you can even achieve enlightenment with it (after like 3/4 hours with a partner), and I guess that was its purpose in the ancient hinduism age, before the diabolization of sex.

Now just imagine this shit with a partner, HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :P:P:P

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@love Practice love with thoughts and emotions of love in meditation. If you go down the path of thinking love is to or from your partner, you will have much to undo later on in your life when you want to experience unconditional love. If you want to feel love, feel love. 

Those who hold connotations of love being given become depressed when they are without someone to love.

Those who hold connotations of love being something received from another person become depressed when there is no other person loving them.

What is really happening, is you are interpreting what you're observing and allowing love from within yourself. Enjoy the illusion of love coming and going between you and other people, but first know that it is an illusion / misnomer. This will save you from suffering in the long run.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE