EugeneTheSage

How do you treat fever?

9 posts in this topic

Yesterday I've had 39,3°C temperature. My grandma told me to take the ibuprofen or aspirin. I think that my body could have managed by itself, there was no need to drop the temperature. I'm not sure that these medications are good for me. What are the alternatives? It's a shame for me not knowing how to cure fever.

A beloved fever-reducing intervention from naturopathy are so called leg wraps.  Recommended are wraps made of three layers. For each layer, you should use natural fabrics, as synthetic fibers do not allow air or moisture to pass through.

Here's how to proceed:

1. For the first layer, soak two thin linen or cotton cloths (such as kitchen towels) in cool water, gently wring them out, and wrap one cloth tightly around each calf.

2. For the second layer, you can, for example, place two dry cotton towels over the damp wraps.

3. The final layer should be a warming one. For this, scarves or wool blankets, for instance, are suitable."

4. Lie down and repeat the process every 30 minutes until the fever goes down.

However, if your fever is approaching 40°C - take the medication and don't play around.
Ibuprofen, aspirin or paracetamol are perfectly safe medications if you use them for a short period of time.

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Fever is your body fighting of bacteria and stuff. You should not take aspirin or anything because fever is not a disease that you need to cure. Over 40C then you should see a doctor. 

In your case, take of your socks and drink apple juice and enjoy the heat for a while.

Edited by D2sage

On 8/24/2023 at 2:27 PM, D2sage said:

Fever is your body fighting of bacteria and stuff. You should not take aspirin or anything because fever is not a disease that you need to cure. Over 40C then you should see a doctor. 

In your case, take of your socks and drink apple juice and enjoy the heat for a while.

Well said.

Drink lemon? water. I got sick a few times this year and this had worked. In reducing my symptoms.

Might want to take a COVID test. Take it easy; I hope you’re feeling better.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Take non synthetic vitamins such as: Vitamin C (acid-neutral), Vitamin D, Zink. B-vitamins and probiotics to optimize immune system.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

Just take ibuprofen. We are all going to die anyway in the next 120 years.

If you don't take it, the fever might harm even more organs and cells and cause you to die earlier.