Bazooka Jesus

Travelling through India for three months ॐ

158 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, PurpleTree said:

I mean you could also say it’s good to see and experience the poverty instead of just living in your rich country without giving an f 

Yes of course, but I mean the feeling, it's like unrespect the people who is in very different situation than you . But maybe it's a nonsense, id like to travel to Uganda one day

5 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Yes of course, but I mean the feeling, it's like unrespect the people who is in very different situation than you . But maybe it's a nonsense, id like to travel to Uganda one day

imo it depends how you do it. If you go try to support mostly local businesses and not huge hotel chains and starbucks crap

32 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

imo it depends how you do it. If you go try to support mostly local businesses and not huge hotel chains and starbucks crap

I know, But the difference is enormous, many people are trapped in miserable conditions with no way out. Of course it's not my fault, that's life, but if I were living in a shack on the outskirts of some city in Mauritania and a millionaire guy (for my standards) came to see me rotting there, I would probably have the desire to kill him.

Edited by Breakingthewall

I spent over a month travelling through Rajasthan years ago. Really amazing place. I will mention Pushkar because you could easily miss it. It’s like a holy town, no meat allowed or booze. The spiritual energy driving into Pushkar from the mountains surrounding it, is next level. Never seen energy like that before. With that intense light, you get to Pushkar and it’s like it’s had the light sucked out of it. Even though it’s a bit of a dump, it’s interesting. Great “Special” Lassis, if that’s your thing. You will be out of it for days. 

India is amazing, the most beautiful looking people alive. Everyone is out to scam you. You need to be really on your game and not some gullible tourist. Expect to get sick. I ate from the street vendors a lot. Mumbai is excellent. Delhi is great too as it’s a bit of a break from the dirty towns of Rajasthan. Feel normal again.

you will love it!

https://thewanderingquinn.com/pushkar-travel-tips/

3 minutes ago, Merkabah Star said:

India is amazing, the most beautiful looking people alive. Everyone is out to scam you. You need to be really on your game and not some gullible tourist.

My sister recently had a nasty breakup with an Indian dude. Sounds about right ? 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1 minute ago, Yimpa said:

My sister recently had a nasty breakup with an Indian dude. Sounds about right ? 

I’m sure he looked like a Bollywood movie star. ?

@Merkabah Star No, he looked like Patrick Star, actually xD

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

11 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

There is something I don't like at all about going to countries where there is poverty. I have been to Africa and South America, South America is not truly poor at least not everywhere but sub-Saharan Africa is, and what I don't like is that everyone sees you from afar as a guy privileged by birth, who can do things that they can't, like travel or have medical care. I have the feeling of being in a zoo watching people who lose their dignity for being watched by me. .

You won't have such problems in India as already people have seen the richest among themselves. In fact the world's costliest house is in India. India is a country of extreme inequality. They will sure give respect to the rich, but they don't feel bad seeing you as a foreigner as they are already used to such things. I don't know about Africa but people here will be kinda more curious or not interested rather than comparing with you and worrying about their dignity, especially if you try to interact with them.

11 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

I mean you could also say it’s good to see and experience the poverty instead of just living in your rich country without giving an f 

Yes, you don't need to have any guilty feelings here. Many don't even wish to leave their country, most go outside to earn lots of money and come back here to feel rich! But, some get accustomed to Western life so much that it becomes difficult for them to return back.

2 hours ago, An young being said:

You won't have such problems in India as already people have seen the richest among themselves. In fact the world's costliest house is in India. India is a country of extreme inequality. They will sure give respect to the rich, but they don't feel bad seeing you as a foreigner as they are already used to such things. I don't know about Africa but people here will be kinda more curious or not interested rather than comparing with you and worrying about their dignity, especially if you try to interact with them.

Interesting. Wise people

18 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Wow... interesting. Thanks for the tip! Have you visited the place?

Nope but I've been investigating it for a long time. It's interesting to study real case scenarios of how real conscious societies would look like. I mean most of the spiritual communities are just bs. The only more less functional experiment is Auroville and it has been working for a long time so it's worth it to at least go and see. Here is some extra information about a citizen who lived for 6 years:

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

18 hours ago, An young being said:

may I know why you included Tiruvannamalai in the list?

I could tell you different narratives but it all boils down to just a strong intuition that Tiruvannamalai is an extremely spiritually charged city. 

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

35 minutes ago, Davino said:

I could tell you different narratives but it all boils down to just a strong intuition that Tiruvannamalai is an extremely spiritually charged city. 

It's a good choice, especially if you wish to see a festival celebrated there ( I think it happens sometime in the month of November for a week), but if you are low on time, Madurai, cultural capital of Tamilnadu, is a better choice. If you are interested in historical architecture, Tanjore brihadeeshwarar temple is a good option.

21 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

I once went to Senegal alone on a old motorbike from Spain, in this case it seemed better, given the hardness of the trip, since I went with very little money and slept the entire trip in a bag in the field and when I got there I made friends with a guy who invited me to his house for a few weeks, and in exange I invited him to party some nights

Heh, that sounds like an amazing experience. This is what I mean when I am talking about leaving your comfort zone, and I honestly think that every trip to another country should at least have an element of this kind of fearless dive into the unknown. What's the point of going to another country if you're not willing to let your guard down and trust life to lead you to new and unexpected shores?

However, when going to a poor country as a 'rich' westerner makes you feel uncomfortable, you should ask yourself where that feeling comes from and what the true underlying reason behind it is. Do you really feel bad because of pure unadulterated altruism and compassion for your fellow man, or is it rather that the confrontation with poverty puts you in an uncomfortably self-conscious state of mind and triggers a buried feeling of guilt that you don't want to face?

Oftentimes the most uncomfortable experiences are the ones that lead to the most personal growth since they force you to confront those things about yourself that you would prefer not to look at... like all of the hidden shame and guilt that festers and rots in the junk room of your subconscious. So if it makes you uncomfortable, it might be just the thing that you need to do in order to face your shadow and make peace with it.

And btw... I remember Ram Dass telling the story of his encounters with the poor people of India during one of his trips and talking about how all those penniless Indians, in spite of their material poverty, actually regarded him as the poor one. See, apparently they felt so incredibly bad for this poor American basterd who was so stricken with Western decadence and neuroticism that they promised to pray for him and ask God to deliver him from his abject misery. LOL. I guess it's all a matter of perspective. ;)

Why so serious?

33 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

And btw... I remember Ram Dass telling the story of his encounters with the poor people of India during one of his trips and talking about how all those penniless Indians, in spite of their material poverty, actually regarded him as the poor one. See, apparently they felt so incredibly bad for this poor American basterd who was so stricken with Western decadence and neuroticism that they promised to pray for him and ask God to deliver him from his abject misery. LOL. I guess it's all a matter of perspective. ;)

Wtf !! Seeing the name Ram Dass here often, I thought he might be an Indian guru I had never heard of. My mind automatically decided he is an Indian as soon as seeing that name. But the fact that he is an American simply shows how a conditioned mind affects our interpretations.

@Bazooka Jesus you are right, just my feeling. My feeling was that getting to those places by plane was a fast food trip, undeserved , rich western privileged visiting the zoo, so after that thing with the motobike I got a small sailboat and went to several countries, that was really leaving the comfort zone and enter the hell zone. I never went back to tourism unless it was with a serious masochistic component.

43 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

so after that thing with the motobike I got a small sailboat and went to several countries, that was really leaving the comfort zone and enter the hell zone. I never went back to tourism unless it was with a serious masochistic component.

xD

That's amazing, brother.

I spent last winter on Fuerteventura / Gran Canaria and met a cool hippie dude from Belgium who owns and even lives on a small sailboat... he told me some wild stories about his trips. And he is thinking about sailing all the way from Europe to America in a couple of years, in his little nutshell. What a crazy motherf@%#er, lol!

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

47 minutes ago, An young being said:

Wtf !! Seeing the name Ram Dass here often, I thought he might be an Indian guru I had never heard of. My mind automatically decided he is an Indian as soon as seeing that name. But the fact that he is an American simply shows how a conditioned mind affects our interpretations.

Hehe... yeah, his real name was Richard Alpert; he was a young psychology professor at Harvard in the early sixties but was famously fired (together with his good buddy and later LSD pope Timothy Leary) after performing psychedelic experiments with his students. And after a couple of years, he went on a first trip to India where he met his guru Neem Karoli Baba and became a kind of embassador for Indian spirituality in the US. I love the guy... you can listen to his talks on Youtube. I often put them on in the evening when I go to sleep! 9_9

Why so serious?

41 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

xD

That's amazing, brother.

I spent last winter on Fuerteventura / Gran Canaria and met a cool hippie dude from Belgium who owns and even lives on a small sailboat... he told me some wild stories about his trips. And he is thinking about sailing all the way from Europe to America in a couple of years, in his little nutshell. What a crazy motherf@%#er, lol!

Yeah I did few of those ascetic adventures. Let's see if my destiny is to do more or being in the comfort zone , that's not so bad. But I think that the gods are going to send me some adventures, or maybe the adventures now are going to be spiritual. Just trying to decipher the next steps

Edited by Breakingthewall