Twega

Leo is Wrong About Genetics

62 posts in this topic

@Princess Arabia

4 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

I'm not going to get into this topic but I just want to say Dr Bruce Lipton, who studies Epigenetics, did say the environment does play a role in the development of genes and that they respond to something in the body as they rely on your emotions and whatnot to develop and communicate with other genes etc. Don't quote me exactly but he speaks about this a lot in his work., and I'm not saying he's right either because I don't know, all I know is I love listening to him.

Nice share, will check him out. Sorry all this arguing is turning you off. This is why heated debate is against guidelines.

@D2sage

1 hour ago, D2sage said:

https://www.niehs.nih.gov/health/topics/science/gene-env/index.cfm#:~:text=Metabolism - Researchers in the NIEHS,aging at the genetic level.

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/exposome/

@Danioover9000

I know this because I read scientific data done in labs with relevant instruments.

Seems like the environment plays a huge role here.

She have said that she have done Botox, fillers and a nose job. Yes, she look good even without but still.

Aniston said she opted for botox and fillers after reaching a point where she didn’t “feel like me.”

Which labs and which relevant instruments?

Seems like the environment plays a huge role? By what percentage, and why are you excluding other factors besides environment?

Did she have the botox before or after her beautiful genes? if the environment plays a huge role, and she is surrounded by very beautiful and handsome celebrities, does that environment cause her skin to become younger and smooth, to make her more attractive, or did she have this gene from birth? 

8 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Princess Arabia

Nice share, will check him out. Sorry all this arguing is turning you off. This is why heated debate is against guidelines.

No, I'm not getting turned off. I just don't debate certain things I'm not that knowledgeable about even if I'm wrong about certain things. Even the experts don't agree with certain aspects of this topic. I can't get into everything. 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

@D2sage

1 hour ago, D2sage said:

But you can remove yourself from that city. 

I also used to live in a big city, not as big as Vegas, and noticed a huge health improvement by living near the coast in a small town on a Spanish island. Noise pollution is also serious matter. 

Maybe you should at least try a vacation on an Island for at least 3 months and you will, and I hope, that you will feel much better.

There must be a reason people who live near the sea enjoy better health. 

Why did you assume @Leo Gura can easily move from that city? What do you think is needed for him to move so easily?

Why are you projecting and inserting yourself into a story, where you used to live in a big city somewhere, then discovered how healthy living nears the coastal town is, on some random Spanish Island, minimal noise pollution? Are you trying to persuade @Leo Gura to chill out with you for 3 months, like why are you acting like a hardcore passive aggressive fan here? One hour you want to trigger Leo into arguing, but next you like want him to visit you and hang out with him. What is this loving hate relationship dynamic you have here?

I partly agree, there must be a good reason living near the sea enjoy better health, provided their sea diet isn't contaminated with heavy metals, and the view doesn't include a salmon farm, then there must be a reason.  

9 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

if the environment plays a huge role, and she is surrounded by very beautiful and handsome celebrities, does that environment cause her skin to become younger and smooth, to make her more attractive

Are you fucking kidding me?

Keep smoking that cope.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Danioover9000 Stop trolling.

11 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

Which labs and which relevant instruments?

If you could read and do some research then you would know what labs and that they use biomarkers  etc. :/

11 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

does that environment cause her skin to become younger and smooth, to make her more attractive, or did she have this gene from birth? 

No, that's the botox and fillers who makes her look young.

Edited by D2sage

1 hour ago, D2sage said:

But you can remove yourself from that city. 

There's an infinite number of things you can do to potentially improve your health. Most of them will not work and are impractical to test.

Edited by Leo Gura

47 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

Are you trying to persuade @Leo Gura to chill out with you for 3 months, like why are you acting like a hardcore passive aggressive fan here?

You are stupid. I am 100% sure of that now.

I am simply sharing what have worked for me and other that improved health. How is that telling someone to come and visit and hang out?  xD

Leo have helped many with his videos so it is natural for people to share ideas to him that can help. Its called reciprocity. Read a book or two, you might learn something.

47 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

One hour you want to trigger Leo into arguing,

Trigger? I am simply sharing what I have read about since my job is within health niche. 

And his responses are actually good and thoughtful, unlike yours.

Stop smoking that homemade salvia.

Edited by D2sage

@Leo Gura I know this may be a shitty question to ask of you but with your health conditions Leo how long do you expect to live? Could reaching a normal age of 80-100 be in the card stack?

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Obesity is def not genetic. It's nearly impossible to be obese if you eat whole meat and veggies without carbs or sugar. The reason people are obese is because they eat heavy carbs, grains, sugar and processed foods.

You never see a fat guy in the third world. Your latest post about deadliest roads is a prime example. To anyone still in doubt watch all the episodes of deadliest roads on youtube where they travel to third world countries. The people there are all fit AF and you don't see a single overweight person. Being overweight is a luxury.

19 minutes ago, LoneWonderer said:

Could reaching a normal age of 80-100 be in the card stack?

That's not a normal age.

@D2sage

52 minutes ago, D2sage said:

@Danioover9000 Stop trolling.

If you could read and do some research then you would know what labs and that they use biomarkers  etc. :/

No, that's the botox and fillers who makes her look young.

I'm not trolling, just asking questions like:

Can you tell me which lab and which instruments did they use to support your claim it's mostly environmental?

Is the Botox and fillers before or after her being a celebrity?

@D2sage

42 minutes ago, D2sage said:

You are stupid. I am 100% sure of that now.

I am simply sharing what have worked for me and other that improved health. How is that telling someone to come and visit and hang out?  xD

Leo have helped many with his videos so it is natural for people to share ideas to him that can help. Its called reciprocity. Read a book or two, you might learn something.

Trigger? I am simply sharing what I have read about since my job is within health niche. 

And his responses are actually good and thoughtful, unlike yours.

Stop smoking that homemade salvia.

Why assume I'm stupid for asking questions? Wait, you're 100% sure now, so you were unsure before?

Yes, but the way you shared what worked for you in the beginning, you also attacked Leo's position a bit aggressively about his health and genetic takes. Also, that take is coming from a fan that needs attention, like you gonna try to bait Leo into an argument, but act passive and invite him to your Island? Okay.

You call that reciprocity? Like the more passive aggressive reciprocity of a fan with attention needs? Fine.

Yes, triggered, otherwise why be so aggressive to Leo, but later act passive? Makes no sense.

Why assume I smoke salvia? Are you confessing to me or something?

@Danioover9000 Again, if you could read you would know that the labs the scientist who work for NIH and the other organization use :( 

Its not my claim, its the scientist who work with genes and cells with instruments like biomarkers who have made these claims based of lab tests and whatever they use. 

Cant you read or what is your issue? You would know this already if you check the links and do some research on a topic you have no clue about.

The botox is when she started to look old.

@Leo Gura Not for us Russians it's not ??? the mean age for men to die is is their 60s. I dont know if that's genetetics or the abuse of alcohol.

@Danioover9000

6 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Leo's position a bit aggressively about his health and genetic takes. Also, that take is coming from a fan that needs attention, like you gonna try to bait Leo into an argument, but act passive and invite him to your Island? Okay

I am Leos #1 fan. And I am fucking proud of it. This is not a secret, everyone knows I have a picture of Leo in my holy meditation altar where I pray for enlightenment.

Where in my text did I say "Come to my island" stop making shit up. I dont own an island, yet.

Every time someone have argued in disagreement with Leo on this forum, you always respond those people with nonsense and like you are defending your Daddy from your imaginary ghosts?

Edited by D2sage

On 25.8.2023 at 5:06 PM, Leo Gura said:

It's easy to cherrypick data for these New Age healers. Their work is not scientifically valid. What they do it offer their cures to thousands of people, it works on some and does not work on others. But they just ignore all the people who it fails to work on.

Oldest trick medicine.

Note: I am not saying alternative medicine never works. I am saying it does not work reliably for everyone. It works for some people. So you are gambling.

I have tried plenty of New Age cures which didn't even come close to working. Any New Ager who promises to cure you is bullshitting you and themselves. Their work is not scientifically rigorous.

I get what you're saying and I agree, that the decision to explore alternative healing methods lies with the individual. It is crucial to exercise critical thinking, evaluate scientific validity, and consider the potential risks and benefits of any treatment or healing approach.
However, I was just curious if you had any room for considering, that genetics isn't a predetermined factor since this is your current perceived reality, that you keep coming back to.

I reckon, that in order for you to go through all these alternative approaches, you've held such a position too, but have come to a point of exhaustion and acceptance(?) Yet my intention for showcasing the examples is to give you some hope, alas I know hope might be the last thing you're looking for, as you don't want any more disappointment. 

Even though you could argue that his (JD) research is cherry-picked, it doesn't rebut the original statement(or other researchers on the area producing similar results + the research published in major research papers on the effects), that epigenetics is a well-accepted notion within science, and your gene expression is adaptable and not determined per se, and there's still more hope/work for you to do ;)

6 minutes ago, Avidya said:

epigenetics is a well-accepted notion within science, and your gene expression is adaptable and not determined per se

Of course that's true. However your genetics is still set in stone. You can't just wish your way into growing a tail. Epigentics does not mean that any New Age thing goes.

Edited by Leo Gura

On 8/25/2023 at 6:47 AM, Leo Gura said:

I don't ignore those factors. Those factors matter, but they assume a decent genetic foundation.

People who hyper-focus on nutrition and exercise are actually people who have great baseline genetics and they fool themselves that it's their nutrition and exercise which gave it to them, when that's not the case. This is a very common point of self-deception within the whole health industry.

A person with bad genetics will never be as healthy as a person with good genetics no matter how good he eats and no matter how bad the healthy person eats.

@Leo Gura Leo, that last sentence is a very bold statement that would contradict the current scientific outlook on health, disease, and aging. If you are referring to genetic disabilities like inherited diseases or genetic polymorphisms, then you may have a point (and many polymorphisms can be attenuated with supplementation). Those conditions are what is considered bad genetics, Leo. The majority of the population does not fall into that category. Most of us have good as well as bad genetics, making us stronger in some areas and weaker in others. So to categorize people as those with good and bad isn't reflective of the complexity of actual reality

If what you're saying is true, then mapping out certain genetics would correlate with longevity. There are a few genetics that correlates with longevity, but also many people are healthy but don't have that genetic makeup and many who aren't do. Correlational, not causal. Also we know that lifestyle factors can up-regulate or influence the same genes as those correlated with longevity (FoxO gene).

Yet, we see that lifestyle factors are more correlated with health outcomes than genetics. Studies from whole populations, genetic twins, and randomized controlled trials show us this repeatedly. Lifestyle influences everything from your microbiome to cardiovascular disease and neurodegenerative diseases more than genetics. (This doesn't mean that if you Huntington disease lifestyle can fix that. Or that you can turn into a werewolf).

Genetics play a role. But not as much as you think. What you say isn't true (with the caveat I mentioned). And that's good news!

Edited by Twega

On 25/08/2023 at 5:29 PM, Leo Gura said:

@bambi Don't get me wrong, it can be possible to improve your health. There's just not guarantees you can solve all your issues. Some you may have to accept and live with.

As an example, I did seem to improve my health with heavy metal detox.

I have not tried those things you mention because they are not relevant to my health issues.

Gotcha. So raising your level of conciousness, even in the sober state is orthogonal to health? David hawkins and others claim that alot of disease and health issues are by-product of low levels of conciousness, but its clearly not all.

Its incredibly complicated to try and figure out Life, why do your health problems exist, why are you as God imagning them? does God/Conciousness paradigm even apply or seem useful in speaking about material health, but isnt everything connected at some level?