KatiesKarma

Someone please talk Christianity out of me.

287 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

There's one difference between us and them, actually.  We teach free thought and to look within yourself.  We don't put Truth into "other".  We tell you where to find Truth for yourself.  

Meanwhile Leo: "only I am God-realized, you should listen to me if you want to increase your chances of getting there" :ph34r:

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Meanwhile Leo: "only I am God-realized, you should listen to me if you want to increase your chances of getting there" :ph34r:

give the dude a break, he's growing up.  He's finally showing some humility.  Don't crap on that.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

give the dude a break, he's growing up.  He's finally showing some humility.  Don't crap on that.

Meanwhile Christianity is like:

Now about food sacrificed to idols: We know that “We all possess knowledge.” But knowledge puffs up while love builds up. Those who think they know something do not yet know as they ought to know. But whoever loves God is known by God.

1 Corinthians 8:1 (NIV)

:ph34r:

30 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Oops! There goes your moderator job. ??

Know thyself....

Just now, Princess Arabia said:

Oops! There goes your moderator job. ??

"Job" ??

not sure what your point is here.  

5 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

?whatever it is...

We love him, he aint going anywhere :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

We love him, he aint going anywhere :)

❤️I had no point. Was trying to be funny, but I guess the jokes on me.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

Spirituality and religion are more similar than you think. In fact, I don't see any fundamental distinction.

It degrades into meaningless ritual, dogma and idiocy.

What are people actually doing with "religion"? Mostly believing and asking for favors. We're talking about a complex invention based on a guy that was presumably deeply conscious. If Jesus were alive today... I'm not sure what his thoughts on all this would be. ;) Wasn't religion used as a justification for killing millions of people? And the guy those people followed said "love thy neighbor"?

Such things are an impediment to pure contemplation. It can be useful in some ways, especially for a collective. But not needed.

Edited by UnbornTao

6 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Spirituality and religion are more similar than you think. In fact, I don't see any fundamental distinction.

That is what Leo has been saying for months now about Buddhism and Non-Duality.

what I am saying is that non-duality points to something prior to religion...religion teaches you to believe in "other".

With non-duality we look at Actuality.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

i would say religion needs two and spirituality needs one

jesus wasn't interested in starting a religion but in finding the kingdom within

1 minute ago, gettoefl said:

i would say religion needs two and spirituality needs one

jesus wasn't interested in starting a religion but in finding the kingdom within

Because he was enlightened.  The problem is everyone twisted it.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

Because he was enlightened.  The problem is everyone twisted it.

read john sprong or bernadette roberts to get the real jesus and to untwist chritianity

1 minute ago, gettoefl said:

read john sprong or bernadette roberts to get the real jesus and to untwist chritianity

will do.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I'd say that whatever we call it, humans have this innate need to believe. So whether it is X or Y, the issue lies in the predisposition to turn any communication into belief. After all, believing is much easier than investigating for yourself. The problem is that belief doesn't change your ignorance on the matter, even though you think it does. xD 

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Spirituality is more like "I'm pretending to reinvent knowledge that has existed for thousands of years in various religions and also pretending to do it all on my own while seeking help from various internet videos and forums, and joining churches like Actualized.org where we tell other religious people how not-awake they are and how our God is better than their God" :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I disagree lol

3 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

I disagree lol

what he is saying is that spirituality can be turned into a religion, in fact, there is no difference.

what is actual is actual - all else is deception - and that is what you have to look at.  As @gettoefl said - the kingdom of God is within.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Science is pushing us further from God than we have ever been. Its alien to humans and we are seeing the consequences of it now.

Edited by Hojo