Ayham

How to Deal with So Many Distractions?

22 posts in this topic

Technology. Video games. Messaging apps. Forums. Social media. Researching things continually thinking you are learning and you actually are but you could do it in a less time taking manner. Etc.

So many distractions..

How do you all deal with this? I still have good habits like daily meditation, eating healthy, daily reading, keeping commonplace book, sucking dick, sometimes contemplation, sometimes journaling, sometimes exercise, etc.

But it feels like everything could be 10x better if I get my technology usage under control you know

Deleting apps, using blocking software, etc. those don't work in my experience

How do you guys solve this?

In theory, it's not a mystery: learn to control your mind. When it comes to mind mastery, it's more about what you don't do.

So yeah, don't do it if you don't want to. 

:) 

@Ayham Your mind can only work for you when you start figuring out things on your own,at this point you dont trust yourself to find a way to stop procastinating ,so your mind is like oh well, he doesnt care about his own methods his own thinking why should i then and follows it by self sabotage you with distractions..

You created the mind that self sabotage itself it thinks its doing you a favour... 

You actually want to distract yourself...

Edited by NoSelfSelf

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@Sugarcoat Hahaha i just read them i cant ?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

16 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Sugarcoat Hahaha i just read them i cant ?

Don’t look at his age too if you dare

@Sugarcoat I was legit calculating the number if i got it right,now i wonder if hes trolling ,since he mentioned that he is 21 years old stage yellow spiral dynamics ,dating 30 year old woman ?

It's you.

Now fight.

1 minute ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Sugarcoat I was legit calculating the number if i got it right,now i wonder if hes trolling ,since he mentioned that he is 21 years old stage yellow spiral dynamics ,dating 30 year old woman ?

Maybe consciousness allows that who knows 

2 minutes ago, Ayham said:

@NoSelfSelf @Sugarcoat I am trolling with the sucking dick lol, that was the whole point :P
and I am 16 almost 17 

Had a good laugh ??

14 hours ago, Ayham said:

I still have good habits like daily meditation

8 hours ago, Ayham said:

and I am 16 almost 17

Compliments to you ?

A future sage perhaps? ?

Exciting

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

In regards to the topic.

I think the options are, either one can either intensify one's longing for what is really important to you, to the point where it pushes everything out that is a waste of time naturally.

Or change the environment, where the temptation and energetic pull towards lethargic activity is less. If you’re a person who spends lots of time indoors. That could be quite challenging to not get sucked into lethargic mindless activity. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

@Ayham I'd learn different scheduling techniques

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

@Salvijus

Compliments to you ?

A future sage perhaps? ?

Exciting

Thanks, I wish man
I have been into spiritual stuff since I was 12, and personal development at around 13 and started doing practices at 14 I always feel like I am not enough however much I do so I keep trying to grow more but I never feel enough
I still feel very immature in so many ways which I really hate but I am trying I guess

In regards to the topic.

I think the options are, either one can either intensify one's longing for what is really important to you, to the point where it pushes everything out that is a waste of time naturally.

Or change the environment, where the temptation and energetic pull towards lethargic activity is less. If you’re a person who spends lots of time indoors. That could be quite challenging to not get sucked into lethargic mindless activity

So you say either charging the vision or changing the environment 
I like the first option a lot more, since spontaneous and natural good action will result from it, without "efforting" too much
Good options
and yes I spend lots of time indoors lol

@Ulax 
I tried the 7 habits of highly effective people and the scheduling method in deep work by cal newport
They were useful to an extent, but not much
hmmm, maybe I should give them another try
which one would you recommend ?

@Ayham you could read the book Atomic Habits by James Clear

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

The challenge for us is to remain present with the typical distractions of every day life.

There is a misconception that we need to 'control' our mind, that we need to do something to tame it in order to remain present. This is the ego creating self identity around spiritual activity and is empowering the distraction as much as it is empowering a perceived part that controls it.

The happenings of life are used by the self identity as a distraction from being present then turn around and use the supposed spiritual activity of controlling to create more distraction while all along being present is ignored or destroyed in the process.

'Being present' isn't an activity that one does in place of or instead of tending to life's daily chores, it is a nonactivity that exists in awareness simultaneously as we tend to those chores. So cultivating an inner life that has this coexisting dynamic builds a healthier mindset than the controlling one.

The inner environment of coexisting that has a sense of peace even with the so called distractions is possible where one of controlling is by nature in conflict so a sense of peace isn't possible even if the distractions are kept in check because the dynamic is always tenuous and in tension.

Edited by SOUL

How you deal with distractions depends on what it's distracting you from. If your goal is to simply learn as fast as possible allot a good chunk of your day specifically for learning and another for exploration. Learn in a different environment than the one you explore or distract yourself in though. Maybe a different desktop on your pc or a different device altogether.

But these external changes are only an aid. The main solution is internal. If you take anything seriously enough, nothing can distract you from it. Notice how you take other things in your life seriously, and apply that mental process to what you want to learn.
Do not allow your mind to develop rationalizations as to why it's not that important/serious, and that you are devoting too much emotion to it. Your mind could be right, however it doesn't matter what it says.

There's a mind behind your thoughts. Therefore it's possible to control one's thoughts. You'd have to be strict with yourself, but it is possible to direct your thoughts towards a certain task by not letting any other thoughts interfere. I wish I could describe to you how, however you can figure it out.
I am talking thoughts all the way back to the thoughts that you simply 'sense' before it becomes non-verbal then verbal. You can control even that. There's this sort of 'direction' mind before the 'thinking' mind so to speak. It spans the whole body rather than just the head. I think the better way to call it is the 'vibe' that you are feeling in your body.

You have the ability to directly control that vibe and direct your thoughts and energy anywhere you want. If you ever feel "I don't feel like it today", you have the ability to directly change that vibe to "I feel like it today". You don't need to do anything external or think any thoughts. It does depend on the strength of the vibe if you can change it or not, however you do get better as you keep practicing this direct control.

I don't know how much of that made sense. This is the first time I am verbalizing this process. Well, hopefully this helps.