tesseract 369

How to cope with extreme social anxiety?

31 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Raze said:

lol never change you always respond with links so funny I love it.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

5 hours ago, tesseract 369 said:

I do vipassana, and meditate during the day as well

Goenka style? 

If you could remain aware and observant during the midst of anxiety and socializing. It would change your relationship to anxiety and how express yourself. Anxiety would just become something that's there but it doesn't cripple or limit you. There would be more distance between you and anxiety. And your socializing would change. You'd no longer need to worry about what to say as the words would naturally arise from the space of awareness.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Your nervous system needs to rewire.

Meet the social anxiety in small portions. When it comes up feel the it in your whole being. Make it a meditation: Notice sensations. Notice emotions. Notice thoughts. And breathe.

There's always going to be fear involved if you want to meet and be the real you.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

Make sure you take care of your body physically. Get enough sleep (super important!). Exercise or walking (walking is amazing for mental health). Eat healthy. Baby steps with social situations. Good luck!

6 minutes ago, mydiamondsandpearls said:

Exercise or walking (walking is amazing for mental health).

Finding a walking group would be cool. Have you heard of Meetup? I wonder if there any any walking groups in your area.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Graduate exposure to intimidating situations, celebrating small successes, finding the negative beliefs about yourself that fuel the anxiety and strongly questioning them, replacing them with other beliefs, maybe being honest about it with people when you talk to someone and experiences symptoms. You don't have to tell that you have SA but maybe let them know that you are a bit nervous in advance, it may help to decrease the level of anxiety.

Good and simple breathing when you are overwhelmed by the symptoms is to exhale the air in your lungs very slowly and completely before you take another inhale.

This technique is helpful for all anxiety types btw.

Mindfulness is an amazing tool as well, it trains your brain to focus on what is happening in the current moment and be more present rather than on the stories in your mind that create the symptoms.

I hope it was helpful and I wish you lots of good luck and strength to overcome it.

Edited by Lila9

Let Love In

You can start by just going to the mall on the weekend and striking up conversations with the old lady clerks at the department stores. The objective should be to do small talk and keep the conversation going as long as possible while keeping your body relaxed and having fun.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You can start by just going to the mall on the weekend and striking up conversations with the old lady clerks at the department stores. The objective should be to do small talk and keep the conversation going as long as possible while keeping your body relaxed and having fun.

Yup. And if this is too much, then you can start with just by asking for directions or perhaps even time.

Connect with me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/miguetran

We need chat-gpt assisted augmented reality situationally relative conversation prompts.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?