Raze

Why do feminists prefer sexist men but democrats are less satisfied in relationships?

61 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

Easy does not mean happy, right? The easiest thing to do is to stay in your crappy comfort-zone, eating Cheetos and watching TV (from a newbie's perspective, not necessarily your or my perspective). Will that make you happy?

Staying in your comfort zone might make you pretty happy in a lame sort of way.

What is the optimal path to happiness, then? And if this isn't it, why do you do what you do? 

I'm not sure what the optimal path to happiness is. It will certainly vary from person to person and also luck will be a factor. And there are different kinds of happiness. One kind of happiness will not satisfy certain kinds of people. Some people could be happy just working at the post office for 40 years and just raising a small family. But, for example, I could never be happy with that. Other people will be happy working on Wall Street for 40 years, raking in billions.

So you have to discover what you need that makes you happy.

For me happiness comes from understanding reality. Although this has its limits and can become a trap. Most pursuits of happiness can easily turn into hell. Even sitting doing nothing under a tree can become a trap.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Staying in your comfort zone might make you pretty happy in a lame sort of way.

Would you say that physical and mental health is a major factor in happiness? If it is, then the comfort-zone that I described is a big happiness-killer. 

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm not sure what the optimal path to happiness is. It will certainly vary from person to person and also luck will be a factor. And there are different kinds of happiness. One kind of happiness will not satisfy certain kinds of people. Some people could be happy just working at the post office for 40 years and just raising a small family. But, for example, I could never be happy with that. Other people will be happy working on Wall Street for 40 years, raking in billions.

So you have to discover what you need that makes you happy.

Fair enough. This is a relativistic stance on happiness. 

If you do figure out the optimal path to happiness, please do teach it. It will get a lot of attention. 

Edited by mr_engineer

18 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

If you do figure out the optimal path to happiness, please do teach it. It will get a lot of attention. 

My video: How Happiness Works is my best understanding of happiness so far. I think that's the most realistic approach for most people.

I suspect that the highest path to hardcore sustainable happiness is something like becoming a full-time monk or yogi. But few people are that serious or suitable for it. And if you aren't suitable it may make you extra miserable. I've experimented with that path and as much as I liked the idea of it I don't think is suits me. At least not right now. Maybe when I'm older.

I incur suffering and unhappiness for myself through the ambitions I have for my life and work. If I dropped all my ambitions I would probably find greater happiness but I don't want to drop all my ambitions. So it's a tricky balancing act.

Edited by Leo Gura

14 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

Would you say that physical and mental health is a major factor in happiness?

Absolutely.

On 7/26/2023 at 6:37 PM, SeaMonster said:

Progressive ideology not only makes people in marriage more unhappy, it makes people in general more unhappy.

@SeaMonster What about the people who would be left to die without the progressive provided welfare states around the world?

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

On 8/2/2023 at 4:23 AM, Ulax said:

What about the people who would be left to die without the progressive provided welfare states around the world?

That wasn't the context of my statement (i.e. the provision of material goods or services.)  I mean, I could go into other means of providing these (such as community or church charity and all that) but that's not really the point and I don't want to take the discussion there on this thread.

My point was that actually believing current progressive ideology is bad for individual people psychologically.  It is stacked almost entirely on the side of nurture or "social construction" as opposed to nature/biology.  Being brainwashed or compelled to believe things that are observably untrue (or even to outwardly profess and defend such beliefs) makes for unhappy people.  

Edited by SeaMonster

8 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

That wasn't the context of my statement (i.e. the provision of material goods or services.)  I mean, I could go into other means of providing these (such as community or church charity and all that) but that's not really the point and I don't want to take the discussion there on this thread.

My point was that actually believing current progressive ideology is bad for individual people psychologically.  It is stacked almost entirely on the side of nurture or "social construction" as opposed to nature/biology.  Being brainwashed or compelled to believe things that are observably untrue (or even to outwardly profess and defend such beliefs) makes for unhappy people.  

Fairs dude, I'll respect your wishes on that.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

On 02/08/2023 at 9:18 AM, StarStruck said:

The book human magnet system explains this very well. Polar opposites attract each other like a dance that is called a relationship. Selfless man aren’t that attractive to most females which I won’t go into detail here.  

Not my experience at all, but I'm still missing pieces of the puzzle.
I always attract girls who have a similar energy to me.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@Schizophonia Dude i attract exclusively athletic French girls with the same facial structure as me. When i turn to see them im its like looking in the mirror and my opening is always, "I dont speak french". 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

4 hours ago, integral said:

@Schizophonia Dude i attract exclusively athletic French girls with the same facial structure as me. When i turn to see them im its like looking in the mirror and my opening is always, "I dont speak french". 

Studies have found people are more attracted to people with similar facial structure to them 

@Raze Could be, unfortunately the language barrier killed any opportunity to see if I was compatible with any of them. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

It's because women have an inherit and predictable nature and psychology, that can be understood to predict their behavior and replicate it, and no amount of word games, mental gymnastics, or stupid ideologies like feminism will ever change that.

We are just fleshy automatons.

hrhrhtewgfegege

22 hours ago, integral said:

How did you end up in Montreal? :ph34r:

27 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

How did you end up in Montreal? :ph34r:

Its basicly a crazy story, they still manufacture babies right here in montreal. One of the few things they dont outsource to china these days. 

On 8/2/2023 at 10:18 AM, StarStruck said:

The book human magnet system explains this very well. Polar opposites attract each other like a dance that is called a relationship. Selfless man aren’t that attractive to most females which I won’t go into detail here.  

The polarity theory isn't accurate.

It's actually a myth that the best relationships occur between people who are the complete opposite of each other.

In reality, people tend to be attracted and have more successful relationships with similar people, with similar belief system and temperament and within this frame the natural femininity-masculinity balance takes a place but it may vary and change depends on the life situation. 

Let Love In

On 8/12/2023 at 2:58 AM, Roy said:

It's because women have an inherit and predictable nature and psychology, that can be understood to predict their behavior and replicate it, and no amount of word games, mental gymnastics, or stupid ideologies like feminism will ever change that.

We are just fleshy automatons.

Lol you have no idea about female psychology and feminism. You are talking from ignorance.

Let Love In

4 hours ago, Lila9 said:

Lol you have no idea about female psychology and feminism. You are talking from ignorance.

You can understand anything if you put your mind to it. Luckily any bitterness and anger you might have doesn't preclude truth and understanding, otherwise we'd never get anything done.

hrhrhtewgfegege

58 minutes ago, Roy said:

You can understand anything if you put your mind to it

Unfortunately it isn't written in this small and lame red pill pamphlet, you gotta investigate further.

Let Love In

22 hours ago, integral said:

they still manufacture babies right here in montrea

hein ? 

full (12).png

On 7/26/2023 at 8:26 PM, Lila9 said:

Since society is pretty sexist and there are not many feminists and non-sexists men in society, benevolent sexism seems the least bad option, compared to more obvious sexism and misogyny.

This study specifically brought up men with egalitarian views in comparison, and women still preferred the sexist men. This probably wasn’t the case in this example.