SQAAD

Can't Sleep More Than 3 Hours After Awakening

34 posts in this topic

The last 2 weeks i have been experiencing a massive shift in Consciousness spiritually and everywhere else. I won't go into too much detail.

But basically i have finally accepted the Call of the Hero's Journey and i am consistenly doing hard things.

Since then i don't get much sleep. It bothers me more psychologically than anything else. I have plently of energy and drive even with the 3 hours of sleep i am getting every day the last couple of weeks.

I guess is the stress of deep change. I am not sure. Can someone give me some advice on what i should do?

If this continues much longer, i will probably take some drugs temporarily that may be helpful to let me sleep more.

I don't know what is happening. I have experienced something similar before but never to this intensity. (Because now is the best period of my entire life :)).

Thankfully i feel pretty healthy and quite well even with this little sleep that i am currently getting. Only problem is fear that i have.

Congrats! that kind of awakening can help change the trajectory of your life if you channel the energy right. I had something similar about 14 months ago and it has helped put things and priorities into perspective

3 hours ago, SQAAD said:

I guess is the stress of deep change. I am not sure. Can someone give me some advice on what i should do?

Before you go and burn yourself out with 3 hours of sleep like a dried twig thrown into a fire, reflect on what that stress indicates. Couple things come to my mind. 

• fear of what this will mean - fear of change?
  • Fear of having lack of direction and now with the awakening you want to do "something " but you are not clear on what it is you need to be doing? 
  • regret/guilt over having wasted time? 

Either way, try to understand what is that deep drive before going into the day to day grind. And be strategic - 3 hour sleep is a terrible strategy and if you do this, it will kill your soul, your creativity and make you fall ill. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

wait do you sleep less because your body naturally wakes up or because you deliberately stay awake to do other things?

If you don't take any stimulants and aren't tired then maybe you don't need to sleep as much.

Maybe non resistance means you use less energy ;).

@Michael569

9 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Congrats! that kind of awakening can help change the trajectory of your life if you channel the energy right. I had something similar about 14 months ago and it has helped put things and priorities into perspective

Thank you :)

9 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Before you go and burn yourself out with 3 hours of sleep like a dried twig thrown into a fire, reflect on what that stress indicates.

I am just into the momentum of consistently conquering myself and doing the next right thing. The stress indicates that i am pushing myself outside of my comfort zone.

I am not crystal clear on what i want but i am pretty clear about it. I have the big picture, and now i need to fill in the details.

As for fears i don't experience something signficant holding me back.

One 'negative' i could say is that my mind does not believe that Reality can get so good. Lol.

Besides introspection what else would you suggest me to do? Just wait for this situation to pass on its own? 

Should i consider taking any drug?

Edited by SQAAD

@Michal__

6 hours ago, Michal__ said:

If you don't take any stimulants and aren't tired then maybe you don't need to sleep as much.

Maybe non resistance means you use less energy ;).

I agree.  I have more energy than ever before with the tiniest amount of sleep ever. Lol.

@Sugarcoat

7 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

wait do you sleep less because your body naturally wakes up or because you deliberately stay awake to do other things?

I sleep less because my body naturally wakes me up.

Few drops Lavender essential oil on pillow helps to sleep sounder and longer. Also soaking feet in Epsom salt before bed. Put some sleep music on that best suits you. Plenty on YT. 432htz.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

4 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@Sugarcoat

I sleep less because my body naturally wakes me up.

I don’t see the problem. I just woke up from 3 hour ish sleep myself so I get what you mean. Less sleep= more time to do what u want . Good thing. But I agree there might be something else that’s going on that contributes to it don’t know what tho. 

I feel healthier than ever so can’t be bad. I mean if the body would need more sleep it makes you tired right so if not tired should be fine. Would love to hear if you have some more theories tho

Edited by Sugarcoat

@Sugarcoat 

15 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

I don’t see the problem. I just woke up from 3 hour ish sleep myself so I get what you mean. Less sleep= more time to do what u want . Good thing. But I agree there might be something else that’s going on that contributes to it don’t know what tho. 

I feel healthier than ever so can’t be bad. I mean if the body would need more sleep it makes you tired right so if not tired should be fine. Would love to hear if you have some more theories tho

I think what i experience is a type of ego backlash. My body wanting to remain the same.

10 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@Sugarcoat 

I think what i experience is a type of ego backlash. My body wanting to remain the same.

Wym ego backlash isn’t all the body is trying to do is to be healthy and survive the best, remain in homeostasis

It can be okay for a period of time, if you're really passionate about something.

Then again, you could also be having a manic episode.

In fact, that's probably what your biological state is most congruent with, but it doesn't have to mean that you're not thinking clearly.

Regardless, just expect it to be a phase and the pendulum to swing the other way at some point.

Look up the symptoms of mania and keep an eye on yourself.

Use feedback from friends to stay straight on your path.

Feel your body's needs and respond to them.

What are you working on?

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@Sugarcoat

On 22/7/2023 at 7:28 AM, Sugarcoat said:

I think 3 hours of sleep are enough for repair. Maybe there are periods where the body believes it's best to sleep less when it senses danger and intense change.

@flowboy

1 hour ago, flowboy said:

In fact, that's probably what your biological state is most congruent with, but it doesn't have to mean that you're not thinking clearly.

What is tha supposed to mean?

1 hour ago, flowboy said:

What are you working on?

Life purpose.

On 22/07/2023 at 0:39 AM, SQAAD said:

Besides introspection what else would you suggest me to do? Just wait for this situation to pass on its own? 

Practical steps. Think macro right now. What do you need to be putting your energy in. I see you indicated Life Purpose above - probably the way to go. 

Is you career / finances / living situation stable? Could holes in there start interfering with the LP work at some point? (e.g. running out of money, getting too much sas from parents etc) 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

30 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Sugarcoat

I think 3 hours of sleep are enough for repair. Maybe there are periods where the body believes it's best to sleep less when it senses danger and intense change.

After waking up, relax and go back to sleep. Got to get more, 3 is not enough, your not a super hero yet. ?

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

37 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Sugarcoat

Hmmm idk . It is interesting to say the least.

this is just one of my wild theories. But I wonder if since the night is the only time one has solitude (if you don’t live alone) then if you’re like me and you don’t really connect much w people and need that solitude to “process” then it’s like your body WANTS to be awake during nighttime to experience that solitude and it’s even energized to be awake that time (for me at least). Since we are going through such rapid and deep changes there needs to be a lot of processing going on, even leading to mystical like experiences. It’s like introverts who “process” after social events. After a long day with simulation and people where you have to be alert then during the night you get the change to “process” so the body/brain doesn’t wanna/can’t  sleep to be able to do this or something lol just wild theory once again

Edited by Sugarcoat

@Michael569

14 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Practical steps. Think macro right now. What do you need to be putting your energy in. I see you indicated Life Purpose above - probably the way to go. 

Is you career / finances / living situation stable? Could holes in there start interfering with the LP work at some point? (e.g. running out of money, getting too much sas from parents etc) 

I wanna ask you a question because you might be the most knowledgeable on this forum about health..

When you nervous system is very active, first all why does this happen and what can you do to calm it down?

Keep in mind that  i have zero idea about the nervous system.  But a pharmacist told me that i cannot sleep more because of my nervous system.

Thanks.

@integral

14 hours ago, integral said:

After waking up, relax and go back to sleep. Got to get more, 3 is not enough, your not a super hero yet. ?

I cannot go back to sleep.

How do you really know that 3 is  not enough? It maybe be enough for survival but not enough to remember everything that happened the previous day.

27 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@integral

I cannot go back to sleep.

How do you really know that 3 is  not enough? It maybe be enough for survival but not enough to remember everything that happened the previous day.

I did a 90 minutes meditation session in the evening.

Couldn't sleep for more than a few hours afterwards. I'm full of energy.

Other people report that too.

It's probably all the concentration...