PurpleTree

Best substances to let repressed feelings come up and deal with them?

30 posts in this topic

candy flip seems also like a decent idea as i often get anxious on psychs

9 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

candy flip seems also like a decent idea as i often get anxious on psychs

Candy flip will be to intense to do any human work probably. 

My advise is that classic psychedelics can be a bit too much to deal with repressed feelings. They will open up the box of pandora. Honestly I would go for MDMA, 2CB and Ketamine.

17 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

I’ve tried it a few times but highest dosage was like 130.

But also i didn’t try to work on emotions.

Set the intention already before the trip to bring up your "shadow stuff".

If 130 was no problem you can try 150.

5 hours ago, Federico del pueblo said:

Set the intention already before the trip to bring up your "shadow stuff".

If 130 was no problem you can try 150.

I wouldn’t say it was no problem. Pychedelics always scare me. But so far good. Yea i’d like to try 150/200 but also it’s quite hard to find the perfect place honestly as it’s a long trip.

Edited by PurpleTree

I've worked with repressed feelings on psychedelics quite a bit (LSD, MDMA, mescaline), I also work with repressed feelings in clients, without substances, and here's what I've learnt:

• Low doses are better than high doses. (Sorry psychonauts)
    Ideally you are not distracted by visuals or wild closed-eye visuals, so no need to go much beyond a microdose
  • The only point of the psychedelic is to overpower the Manager Parts (in IFS terms) so that answers become more easily accessible.
  • It's not about the substance, nor does a higher dose make the session more effective.
    What makes the session successful is the questions you ask yourself (or preferably, have a buddy ask you)
  • High doses + trauma work carry real risk, you can easily disrupt your repression system too much and basically blow up the gates, resulting in too much pain surfacing at once and cleaning up the mess for months. Risk of psychosis and panic attacks in the aftermath.
    This is a mistake that is too often made.

Here's the questions you should be asking yourself during the experience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbpE3r10X4uA&list=PLzBuA1Jno6DoWuOftzc7fL3XO8u2Ln45m&index=3

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

3 hours ago, flowboy said:

High doses + trauma work carry real risk, you can easily disrupt your repression system too much and basically blow up the gates, resulting in too much pain surfacing at once and cleaning up the mess for months. Risk of psychosis and panic attacks in the aftermath.
This is a mistake that is too often made.

Months of cleaning up would make sense if someone has had trauma for decades.

I agree that panic attacks are an issue, but only if someone were to never take psychedelics again just because they fear having another panic attack. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 26/07/2023 at 2:55 AM, Yimpa said:

Months of cleaning up would make sense if someone has had trauma for decades.

I agree that panic attacks are an issue, but only if someone were to never take psychedelics again just because they fear having another panic attack. 

I imagine too high of doses could be like traumatising the protector to get to the trauma, so in order to heal one part of yourself you had to traumatise another part yourself. 

Edited by Holymoly

54 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I imagine too high of doses could be like traumatising the protector to get to the trauma, so in order to heal one part of yourself you had to traumatise another part yourself. 

Or to help you realize that only YOU exist.

If you dare, of course. Nobody can force you, after all 9_9

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

18 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Or to help you realize that only YOU exist.

If you dare, of course. Nobody can force you, after all 9_9

Ah yes very true