SQAAD

How come there is not one true religion?

12 posts in this topic

Leo says that there is not one true religion because it's all relative. For the buddhists buddhism is true and for christians christianity is true..

This makes no sense to me .

Let's say we only have two religions in the world. And both religions just contain only one statement. Nothing more. 

One religion states that the earth is round. The other one states that the earth is a square.

The first religion states a true statement. The other religion states a bs statement.

Edited by SQAAD

@SQAAD religion is a social construct. the idea that one religion is true and you should follow all the rules is silly. life is much more diverse than that. 

plus i don't know if you're new to actualized.org teachings  but we already see that all of religion is metaphoric not literal. 

Because there's different interpretations of absolute truth with get passed through different cultural filters. Even without organized religion, very highly conscious, spiritualty ''woke'' people are always disagreeing with each other.

Which is precisely why the Buddha placed such an emphasis at verifying and arriving at truths on your own.

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

@SQAAD

Religion is more of a lifestyle than spirituality, and it just simplifies life for the simple-minded.

I think that is the reason for the existence of different religions.

Interestingly, people's understanding of spirituality heavily depends on their lifestyle, which is mostly delusional, which makes their spirituality bullshit. I think none of them, from laymen to priests or scholars, understand spirituality.

Edited by Understander

Religions are literally make believe. Just man made bullshit that can only give teeny glimpses of truth from different angles.

But earth isn't round so that's just a half-truth. Half-truth isn't a real truth.

Earth is a geoid. It is not a perfect sphere. It is not totally round if we were to be critical.

Edited by hyruga

@Majed

On 12/7/2023 at 3:05 PM, Majed said:

@SQAAD religion is a social construct. the idea that one religion is true and you should follow all the rules is silly. life is much more diverse than that. 

plus i don't know if you're new to actualized.org teachings  but we already see that all of religion is metaphoric not literal. 

I provided an example that you overlooked. The earth being round is not a construct.

@Husseinisdoingfine

On 12/7/2023 at 3:28 PM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Because there's different interpretations of absolute truth with get passed through different cultural filters. Even without organized religion, very highly conscious, spiritualty ''woke'' people are always disagreeing with each other.

Which is precisely why the Buddha placed such an emphasis at verifying and arriving at truths on your own.

If i verify that the earth is round then no need for any interpreation. The earth is round and that is the end of story. That is what's true.

@Willie

22 hours ago, Willie said:

Religions are literally make believe. Just man made bullshit that can only give teeny glimpses of truth from different angles.

You overlooked my example.

Let's say we only have two religions in the world. And both religions just contain only one statement. Nothing more. 

One religion states that the earth is round. The other one states that the earth is a square.

The first religion states a true statement. The other religion states a bs statement.

Edited by SQAAD

On 7/11/2023 at 4:22 PM, SQAAD said:

And both religions just contain only one statement. Nothing more. 

If religion was that simple then yes you could.

But religion is nowhere that simple so your point is completely moot.

You can't do such kinds of gross simplifications, draw conclusions, and then try to transfer those conclusions to vastly complex cases.

It's like if you said: Leo said an elephant cannot fit through the eye of a needle, but a bacteria can. So therefore elephants can and Leo is wrong.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Might as well ask why a single perspective isn't enough to encompass every aspect of Reality.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

being social is wanting to go out, being spiritual is wanting to go in

everyone enjoys talking relgion, can anyone give a one sentence definition

good to contemplate

won't spoil if for you