SQAAD

Why Does Reality Seem So Negative?

33 posts in this topic

@Swarnim

6 hours ago, Swarnim said:

By suffering that pain, misery and dysfunction without any resistance. That's what it means to love pain and misery. When you cry for another human being, that's love as well.
Love doesn't always feel good because it's not about feeling good to you as a human. Love is truly beyond human.
For us as an individual, the line between what is love and what's not is drawn at 'resistance'. But for God, even 'resistance' is simply an experience.

Interesting points.

Youforgot

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

15 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@puporing

God hasn't even managed to take care the survival of most people on this planet. This God doesn't seem to give two cents about waking people up anytime soon.

And where is the Heaven in the picture of the starving kids that i uploaded?

God is not a guy who is watching reality, it is the reality. what exist is nothingness organizing itself into complex patterns of existence. a miracle. God is the subatomic particles that form atoms, it is the hydrogen nebulae that organize the stellar systems, and it is life, the extreme complexity. God is, and the fact of being is perfect joy. for god to be those hungry children is absolute perfection. the complexity of what a human is is unimaginable. we see everything according to what we like and dislike, this for existence is nothing, suffering has nothing negative, it is pure love, like rot, or a supernova, or cutting your nails. existence of infinite depth and absolutely perfect. We just have to realize it. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

24 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

I've never lived through the physical sensations of torture or being buried alive.

No need to. You can directly experience what torture is metaphysically. If you’re wise, you’ll discover that all of it is pure imagination. The entire dream gets recontextualized, and you’re able to overcome fears that nobody else would think were possible.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Yimpa

3 hours ago, Yimpa said:

No need to. You can directly experience what torture is metaphysically. If you’re wise, you’ll discover that all of it is pure imagination. The entire dream gets recontextualized, and you’re able to overcome fears that nobody else would think were possible.

Yeah ok torture may be pure imagination. And there is value knowing that if you're interested in Truth.

But in the practical aspects if you begin experiencing torture it would be such a horrible experience that all your concepts whether it's imaginary or not would not matter to you one single bit... at those exact moments of pure agony, of pure terror .

All you would care about is for the torture to end. You would not give a damn whether the torture is imaginary or not. Would make absolutely zero difference to you. 

I don't see how you can recontextualize torture and things as such. And what difference would this recontextualization really make? I don't practically see anyone overcoming such a fear. It's probably impossible.

Edited by SQAAD

@Breakingthewall

3 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

God is, and the fact of being is perfect joy. for god to be those hungry children is absolute perfection. the complexity of what a human is is unimaginable. we see everything according to what we like and dislike, this for existence is nothing, suffering has nothing negative, it is pure love, like rot, or a supernova, or cutting your nails. existence of infinite depth and absolutely perfect. We just have to realize it. 

This is all nice and beautiful. But if you were in such dire conditions as those children you would most likely be pretty pissed off at God (and for a good reason).

Same thing would happen if somebody was torturing you to death for hours. You would probably change your mind and really hate God at that moment. You would probably view Reality as something negative if you were under those conditions. I think this says something.

Suffering is not negative and i can see its function but this whole thing goes way too deep and i see people suffering horribly for no apparent good reason. This i don't understand and pisses me off.

Edited by SQAAD

2 hours ago, SQAAD said:

I don't see how you can recontextualize torture and things as such. And what difference would this recontextualization really make? I don't practically see anyone overcoming such a fear. It's probably impossible.

It’s impossible when your mind lacks flexibility. 

It’s like having your hand over your face where your eyes are and complaining that you can’t see anything but darkness. That literally becomes your entire life story. 

You’ll even justify that the little gap of light you see is just a facade and nothing to be excited or curious about. 

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Suffering is created in the mind, at least some of them. 

As long as there are people, there is going to be conflict. So either you become a hermit (live alone) or you get good.

Your life can change if you become wealthy and that does not have to take a long time.

@Yimpa 

On 11/7/2023 at 5:51 AM, Yimpa said:

It’s impossible when your mind lacks flexibility. 

It’s like having your hand over your face where your eyes are and complaining that you can’t see anything but darkness. That literally becomes your entire life story. 

You’ll even justify that the little gap of light you see is just a facade and nothing to be excited or curious about. 

That's a very good example.

@hyruga

On 12/7/2023 at 9:30 AM, hyruga said:

Your life can change if you become wealthy and that does not have to take a long time.

It could take a long time.

You will become wealthy if it's your destiny to do so. 

@001

On 12/7/2023 at 2:33 AM, 001 said:

if everyone on earth started doing that we wouldn't have any children suffering like that it's not God's fault that people are not following his rules.

What is zakat?

Everything is God's fault. Everything is God's Will.

On 11/7/2023 at 2:46 AM, SQAAD said:

But if you were in such dire conditions as those children you would most likely be pretty pissed off at God (and for a good reason).

On 11/7/2023 at 2:46 AM, SQAAD said:

On 10/7/2023 at 7:49 AM, SQAAD said:

I would say that these children suffer less than you, or any wealthy western adult with a tendency to suffer. They are hungry, a very unpleasant sensation, weakness, they do not know anything, they do not understand anything, in a few days or weeks they will die, and that's it.

The view point is unbalance, your conditioned your self to only see the negative in everything, its not all negative. Come back to the impartial center. 

Also how you feel is far more then some idea in your mind, if your not exercising, if your not taking care of your body and have no body mind connection on how to manage neurochemistry, then the mind will create negative output more then positive.

If you where high on lsd or mushrooms you would see only bliss, Thats because how you feel shapes your reality and how you feel is shaped by everything. 

Take responsibility for all the things that come together to create your feelings. Be practical, exercise! The INFPs kryptonite. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?