Federico del pueblo

Anything to supercharge your meditation?

32 posts in this topic

What have you found that works for you?

Anything like specific techniques, how you prepare or what you do before the meditation (e.g. breathwork)?

Specific background music or wearing earplugs?

Changing your mindset about meditation, maybe "not trying" at all?

Having patience it takes time...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Walking meditation prior to seated meditation to improve awakeness.

Labeling meditation is an excellent way. 

Don't get frustrated by loss of focus. It's not a competition. Just gently bring focus back with kindness. The action of bringing the focus back is a key exercise to meditation. 

Technique: Focus on a sight object for some time, then focus on sounds as they come and go for some time. Do the same for all five senses and also for thoughts and emotions. Watch these experiences as they come and go without clinging.

If something becomes too painful or extreme, stop.

@NoSelfSelf @ryandesreu  thanks!

I'm thinking about delving into kriya and kundalini yoga and combine or integrate these practices with my meditation.

It seems like incorporating the body more could be a good way to bring stillness to the mind too.

It takes a long time. If you want a boost, try a microdose of your psychedelic of choice before hand. The real process takes many years. Striving only makes it take longer. 

@Federico del pueblo Kriya works really fast downside is if you pursuing materialistic goals it will stop you because you wont need anything after it relaxes you :)

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

Do it while listening to someone you deeply love. It’s like meditating with angels. 

"Wrongness is the unsung hero of growth, for it is only by venturing into the unknown and risking error that we can expand the boundaries of our understanding and pave the way for groundbreaking insights and innovations." -Claude 3 Opus

A couple of general tips:

1. If it's comfortable for you to do so, sit up on a cushion or folded-up blanket so that your hips are above the level of your knees, I've found that this helps me to breathe more freely and sit more comfortably. Being as physically comfortable as possible is important, there's no value in sitting in a stress position for an extended period of time (it may actually lead to injury).

2. See if you can notice a particular point of tension in your body (for example, for me at the moment it's in the solar plexus/chest region), and just rest your attention there and breathe from that area of your body, wherever it is. You might start to notice the arising of certain emotions and/or sensations as you do this, which is completely normal - just notice them and keep allowing your body to breathe.

Edited by RickyFitts

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

8 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Federico del pueblo Kriya works really fast downside is if you pursuing materialistic goals it will stop you because you wont need anything after it relaxes you :)

So ideally I'd read the two books from Leo's booklist about Kriya Yoga (the thick one and the thin one)? 

Do you know about any good youtube videos that directly through me in the practice?(Or even an online course if one exists).

At the moment I'm reading other books already, so I won't be able to read the kriya books for a few weeks - months.

@tlowedajuicemayne

12 hours ago, tlowedajuicemayne said:

Striving only makes it take longer. 

Really though?

Do you not in some way have to strive? Like you need some dedication don't you? How else would you manage to sit there for an hour each day? 

Transmissions and initiations

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ...                       Lovingly discipline Life & Realize Absolute Infinity

1 minute ago, Davino said:

Transmissions and initiations

Could you elaborate just a little bit?

Didn't we two recently talk about lsd and how yogic it is, was that you? :)

Weed. But you have to be exceptionally mature about using it. Most people aren’t; so the weed controls them instead.

"Wrongness is the unsung hero of growth, for it is only by venturing into the unknown and risking error that we can expand the boundaries of our understanding and pave the way for groundbreaking insights and innovations." -Claude 3 Opus

11 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Weed. But you have to be exceptionally mature about using it. Most people aren’t; so the weed controls them instead.

Why precisely weed?

35 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Weed. Salvia. But you have to be exceptionally mature about using it. Most people aren’t; so the weed controls them instead.

41 minutes ago, Federico del pueblo said:

Why precisely weed?

It’s my bias and it works for me. Use whatever psychedelic works for you, if that’s the route you want to take. Just be mindful not to abuse it.

23 hours ago, Federico del pueblo said:

Changing your mindset about meditation, maybe "not trying" at all?

I found myself spontaneously meditating while playing a video game a couple days ago.

There are times to meditate in this way by being open to it, but it’s also useful to set a practical goal like 5 min a day as well if you’re uncertain.

48 minutes ago, Federico del pueblo said:

@tuku747 Ok, how much Salvia do you recommend? ?

For a simple meditation? Not much at all. Just a bowl of dried leaves is fine. Far from a trip, but excellent effect for guiding you into the present moment.

Weed is fine too, but I found it was mostly intellectually stimulating for me. Was more helpful in contemplation than meditation.

You also want to avoid becoming dependent on either substance for peace of mind. Your goal should be able to enter into the heightened state of Consciousness instantly, without any substance. This is only for warming you up, and dipping your toes in.

Edited by tuku747

@Federico del pueblo I bough the thick one its enough,many techniques that work quickly..

It's you.

Now fight.