StarStruck

My contemplations about mother nature

20 posts in this topic

I made these contemplations during a magic mushroom trip. I have issues with understanding mother nature. I understand how nature works but for me it was more the emotional problems with mother nature.

People say mother nature loves you and cares about you. My observations and contemplations prove the opposite. This is the crux: mother nature is deeply selfish and only cares about itself. We humans aren't special for mother nature. And no human is special for mother nature. What mother nature does is just spawning new species, new animals and new humans into existence without caring if it survives or not.

Mother nature only cares about evolution and not about survival of an individual species or individual person like you. You either contribute to this evolution or you don't. Contribution means finding your place within nature by earning your spot for survival. So basically mother nature gives birth to you but then it is up to the individual organism to earn its right for survival.

During my trip I noticed huge resentment against mother nature and how it is but at the same time I understood it could be no other way. If mother nature wasn't selfish it wouldn't exist. Life would not exist. I wouldn't exist. If mother nature wasn't selfish it would hamper evolution and humans would have evolved.

Humans are the pinnacle of nature of planet earth and it wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for thousands of years of survival of the fittest... and immense amount of human suffering in the process. I could feel that suffering in my veins because I'm in that process. And I came to the conclusion that I either have to make peace and accept mother nature or live in resentment against human nature. This is not a mental process but more an emotional process and it needs time but I think this will solve my existentialism problems at the root.

Although life has a lot to offer, there is also a lot of suffering. If you grew up in a functional family you are lucky and this thread won't resonate for you but a lot of people didn't have this privilege.  Basically mother nature dealt you a bad hand if you spawned in a dysfunctional family or have some genetic diseases or allergies or what ever. I would say I have been dealt a good hand but still I'm not happy because I had my fair share of problems. I defeated my addictions and I'm making leaps in other areas like personal development (charachter development), mastery in various fields, relationships and business, I'm still not happy with life because of my relationship with mother nature. I wish she didn't spawn me but I'm here and I need to make best out of it. Basically I have to learn to love mother nature while she doesn't love me back in the same way. :S

Edited by StarStruck

Mother nature is very transformational, you have day then night, spring then fall, the continents are always moving, the climate is always changing, there is always someone who's born, there is always someone who's dying.

The selfish human ego that needs to posses and accumulate, (at the current development stage of most humans) is struggling with mother's nature dynamic nature, most of us see ourselves as separate from nature.

In fact, humans used to live much more in peace with nature than today and see themselves as part of it, not separated. Most people today would struggle to imagine how it would be like to see themselves as part of nature, as important as plants and animals, a tiny fraction of nature and not as a separated and even supriour entity to nature. Today nature gets abused by capitalism which has no mercy on nature. But capitalistic approch doesn't take into account that humans are part of nature too and hurting nature is resulted in hurting ourselves.

And it's not the survival of the fittest as much as it's survival of the most adaptable. There are many monkey humans who lived among us but they didn't make it as much as we are. Some of them were physically stronger than us or with bigger brains in relation to their body, yet they either merged into us or died before they had the opportunity to merge into us.

Edited by Lila9

Let Love In

@Lila9  Yea I tried to talk to several people about this topic and they get really uncomfortable. I don't know why. Probably because they have to let go of their own perspective and look it from the perspective of nature.

Humans are an exception of to the survival of the fittest because we also allow weak people to survive but in the nature this is a different story. You probably live in a western country where survival is less harsh. If you lived in a third world country you would look totally different to survival.

12 hours ago, StarStruck said:

During my trip I noticed huge resentment against mother nature

Notice it's actually your selfishness that makes You call reality selfish. Projection 101. :)

This is not a mental process but more an emotional process and it needs time but I think this will solve my existentialism problems at the root.

Yeah, accept reality as it is.

You don't matter, nothing You do matters, nothing that happens in the world matters, reality doesn't owe You anything, You're not special... Come to terms with it.

Basically I have to learn to love mother nature while she doesn't love me back in the same way. :S

The thing with unconditional love is that it's unbiased. You could be loved infinitely and You wouldn't even know, because EVERYTHING is loved the same. It's like a fish being unable to notice the water due to living in the ocean.

And even if You knew, You wouldn't care. Because (and this is very funny) ego only cares about the love if it's exceptional for IT.

Edited by Sincerity

@Sincerity if nature or god loves me unconditionally it should give me what I want. Otherwise it is not unconditional. 

25 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

@Sincerity if nature or god loves me unconditionally it should give me what I want. Otherwise it is not unconditional. 

Nah, man.

Again, unconditional love isn't only for you, it's for everything.

Contemplate this seriously: could true unconditional love be directed at some things and not directed at others? 

Hint: the answer is no. Unconditional love MUST be all-encompassing and CANNOT be directed at one thing more than another thing. Because if it's biased, it's not unconditional.

Edited by Sincerity

@Sincerity ok. I get what you mean about unconditional love. But organisms have to be selfish to survive. There is a thing called the selfish Gene so I don’t blame myself for being selfish since I was programmed this way by nature itself. 

44 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

god loves me unconditionally it should give me what I want.

If someone loves you and is mature he does not give you what you want, but what will be good for you.

Which is actually exactly what pure mother nature does. It gives you what you need. It nurtures you. But it is wise enough that if you want to put your hand into fire Mother does not allow you to.

11 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

But organisms have to be selfish to survive. There is a thing called the selfish Gene so I don’t blame myself for being selfish since I was programmed this way by nature itself. 

That is true that selfishness is important for survival, but that is only part of the picture.
You could say that mothers have selflessness gene. They are often willing to die for their kids without hesitation. Lioness Mother protecting her children. Mother energy is selflessness.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

@Arthogaan if you don’t conform to nature’s laws you will die. I don’t see the love in that. Nature is very harsh. Just look an animal documentary. 

3 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

@Arthogaan if you don’t conform to nature’s laws you will die. I don’t see the love in that. Nature is very harsh. Just look an animal documentary. 

I agree. If mother does not conform to the nature's law (The law of selflessness of the Mother) her children will die. So it is sometimes nature's law to be selfless. But your selfishness can only see selfishness in nature. When in reality both selfishness and selflessness is obviously part of it.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

@StarStruck No need to blame yourself of course.

You are what You are. Just be aware of it. (if You want)

@StarStruck great answers were generated by you. I think that mother nature works on balance like  the human species  who exploits nature get wiped away by nature. Because there is an inherent balance between selflessness and selfishness in life and nature. One cannot exist without other.

@Rishabh R @Sincerity

Yea good points. I thought about it and nature has to be both selfish and not selfish at the same time to maintain the symbiotic relationship. 

For example all the cells in our bodies lives in symbiosis. If a cell becomes to selfish it becomes a cancer. If it is not selfish the cell doesn’t have will to survive.

I’m still not convinced Mother Nature or god loves us. It loves the whole. And we as individual beings aren’t that important. That is why god won’t stop you if you want to commit suicide. It cares about the whole. Not about one part of reality which is the ego. 

“Nature can seem cruel, but she balances her books.” — Alison Lurie

Mother nature is abundance and generosity, the embrace of the infinite amount of life forms. Life giver and taker. Pure perfection, Breath-taking beauty.

Maybe, the acceptance of selfishness and cruelty as part of yourself and life is what missing and it causes this conflict within your mind and you project this as inherently bad when it's just part of the bigger whole where all dualities collapse.

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...

59 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

@Rishabh R @Sincerity

Yea good points. I thought about it and nature has to be both selfish and not selfish at the same time to maintain the symbiotic relationship. 

For example all the cells in our bodies lives in symbiosis. If a cell becomes to selfish it becomes a cancer. If it is not selfish the cell doesn’t have will to survive.

I’m still not convinced Mother Nature or god loves us. It loves the whole. And we as individual beings aren’t that important. That is why god won’t stop you if you want to commit suicide. It cares about the whole. Not about one part of reality which is the ego. 

There is no individual being. You are the whole. It just appears that way. So, you are in conflict with yourself not Mother Nature. You are still in separation consciousness, which is fine for experiencing and exploring parts of Infinity, not recognizing this, is where your conflicts are arising from. You are predicting cells' behavior, so apparently you believe in a divine intelligence which makes this possible; but you are not applying that to your own existence and denying yourself as the Source from which things appear. God doesn't love or hate you because God doesn't make those distinctions, the mind does. Since God is love, it doesn't know hate because hate is a duality the mind creates. God doesn't know suicide because it cannot kill itself because it is all there is. You are denying yourself as Source. The lack of love you feel from God is a direct reflection of the lack of love you are giving to yourself. 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

I’m so confused right now. I need some time. ?

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

I’m so confused right now. I need some time. ?

Remember that You can always let go of all your thoughts, confusions, contemplations, questions... and just relax in the moment.

What's true is THIS. You can always ground yourself in IT. It's a great gift.

Then of course You can always come back to thinking and stuff, if You so wish. :)

Peace!

23 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Are you serious? You seem to be lost.

Mahadev

Mother nature is brutal in terms of predation because the balance of the whole ecosystem hinges upon predation, with some animals eating plants and some animals eating other animals. 

The animals that eat plants don't have the cognitive ability to regulate their own consumption and reproduction, and thereby their carrying capacity would far exceed the balance of their environment.

This eventually leads to a scarcity of resources, and then these animals prey on each other because there's not enough resources. This is the evolutionary niche that predatory animals filled. The reason why nature is so fucking brutal - it is because herbivorous animals lacked the ability to be self-sustaining.

It's not a good thing, it's a necessary thing.

The reptilian brain is characterized by an on / off modulation response to pain and pleasure.

The mammalian brain is characterized by the ability for emotion, and for certain species of apes and dolphins, the ability for cognition.

The human brain is characterized by the capacity for abstract thinking. We can look at our environment and determine the carrying capacity and change what and how we consume.

We can moderate our reproduction so as to not exceed the carrying capacity, so thereby the violence isn't needed.

This hinges upon our prefrontal cortex and our capacity for abstraction.

However, most humans are irresponsible with this ability and still over consume resources and over breed and this is one of the reasons why humans are still violent to each other.

"It is from my open heart that I will mirror you, and reflect back to you all that you are:

As a being of love, of energy, 

of passion, and truth."