WisdomInBooks

How important are quotes

25 posts in this topic

Some quotes are just a life changer. 

You should seek to transcend the limitations of the ego and the mind in order to experience a sense of unity with the universe or ultimate reality. You can do meditation,sef inquiry and contemplating for that. To recognize the underlying oneness that is believed to exist beyond the realm of dualistic perception.

If they make you think and you come up with a way to implement it in your life, then obv yes...

If you read them just to feel inspired then no...

Edited by NoSelfSelf

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

3 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

If they make you think and you come up with a way to implement it in your life, then obv yes...

How do you use them? 

You should seek to transcend the limitations of the ego and the mind in order to experience a sense of unity with the universe or ultimate reality. You can do meditation,sef inquiry and contemplating for that. To recognize the underlying oneness that is believed to exist beyond the realm of dualistic perception.

@Enlightement You asking that queastion is part of the problem because nobody can tell you how to use them,quotes have wisdom in them then you need to think alot on how can you change your thinking,behave differently,look at the world differently,using it in practical way it all depends on how you want to use it...

You can read Sun tzu quote, on art and war , you see that you can use the principle in quote in some situation in business or dating ,but its on you how to see it ,how to use it, where to use it...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf have you ever felt like two quotes were contradicting a situation. Let's say one quote tells you to be peaceful. And another quote tells you to seek war and win. How do you navigate something like that? 

@Enlightement Well i just wrote you the answer in previous post but because you dont have skill in that regard ill feed spoon you(like that expression ?)

As a young adult i was always looking that 2 books,2 authors etc need to agree on so i can say im closer to the truth which is not the case.

Precisely 2 things contradict because there is not one way,one fit 99% of the time ,there is information someone gives you like quote in this situation and if you dont work on trying,contepleting,implementing it in your life you will always look for information for someone to tell you how to think and be...

You are basically looking for someone to guide you to your happiness and wellbeing and they will never be able to do it thats why all self help books,video you watched worked so little that you dont see the changes you need because its on you if you want to be peacful and how you want to be peacful coming with your own philosophy how to be peacful or you will just follow the version of peace from one person and how it worked for them...

This is true with enlightment there is no 1 version of enlightment and it doesnt fit every way to all..

Scientific minded people are looking for one way for all which again i dont see that they will find on every level...

Because i gave you the answer,it wont work because you havent worked it yourself ,thats why zen works in riddles...

Edited by NoSelfSelf

It's you.

Now fight.

@WisdomInBooks

Only if they are useful and relevant to you and your life. If it helps you whatever problem you have and whatever question you want/need answers.

In other words, if it serves a purpose and it works.

Other wise there is a good chance that you will get a Trojan Horse.

Edited by Ajax

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

I used to kind of have to read a quote a day in my insight timer app before every meditation as the app shows a quote before it starts. There were some that were interesting. I think they can be studied contemplatively, for example 15 minutes a day for a quote, and get some wisdom out of it. One quote that was great for me was from Rumi, Life is a balance between holding on and letting go, and another from him, Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."

Although I like these two quotes and others I have seen, I did not do any study like I just described. I looked at them only for a minute or so, but they were still beneficial. Quotes are powerful

4 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

The Inspired feeling is what helps to compel the implementation, 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

@Princess Arabia True,but then if you only start contemplating when feeling inspired you wont go far,inspired you should be already long before reading, was my point...

Edited by NoSelfSelf

It's you.

Now fight.

38 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Princess Arabia True,but then if you only start contemplating when feeling inspired you wont go far,inspired you should be already long before reading, was my point...

I get what you're saying, but to motivate yourself requires skill and inspiration is a tool you can use to implement that skill. We were actually referring to the reading of quotes and the importance or lack thereof in reading them, not just generalizing. I was responding to that, which was a question stemming from an action - "quote reading". So in that respect, after reading a quote, it can cause you to contemplate on it, which in return, may or may not result in your taking inspired action. Inspiration usually stems from a cause; and in this case, it's the reading of quotes. You won't go far with inspiration alone, but what fuels that inspiration to be actualized is by setting an intention. 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

@Princess Arabia My point is cause needs to be you not the quote,if cause is the quote then contemplating it from that position will not lead to further growth..there is layers and levels to what in saying so it can come out weird...

It's you.

Now fight.

38 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Princess Arabia My point is cause needs to be you not the quote,if cause is the quote then contemplating it from that position will not lead to further growth..there is layers and levels to what in saying so it can come out weird...

Ok..point taken.

As important as you make them; some quotes have stuck with me forever and I recall them somewhat often to apply to whatever situation I'm in. I've written down quotes from some of Leo's content that has also had a big impact on how I navigate life moving forward. I've also heard a lot of quotes disguised as being profound when really its not that deep, lol. I suggest writing down ones that really speak to you, and coming back to them sometimes to assess how you feel about them or if they've been helpful to you. 

Only mine are important.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Quotes give you penetrating insights into the minds of the greatest geniuses in history. It's like spending time with a short period of time. Letting their genius rub off on you. 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Only mine are important.

Is that Actualized Quotes #43?

"Wrongness is the unsung hero of growth, for it is only by venturing into the unknown and risking error that we can expand the boundaries of our understanding and pave the way for groundbreaking insights and innovations." -Claude 3 Opus