Oso

10 Days of Nothing

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any experience with doing 10 days of nothing? Or any other amount of time for that matter?

Any tips or recommendations?

I'm going to do it, however, I'm asking this question to become aware of possible traps before going in. 

10 days of nothing means something different in the personal development section than in the spirituallity section ?

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

17 hours ago, Oso said:

Does anyone have any experience with doing 10 days of nothing? Or any other amount of time for that matter?

I'm going to do it, however, I'm asking this question to become aware of possible traps before going in. 

Why? I “did” nothing for 5 hours straight and accomplished nothing. You might as well do something you find meaningful. Doing nothing for 30 minutes is good but any longer is a waste of time. 

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

17 hours ago, Oso said:

Why you want to do this?

You don’t wanna be a Jabba The Hut, you wanna be Luke Skywalker and taking action. Not the Luke Skywalker who did nothing on an island.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

@Oso I don't know your background obviously, but my guess is that you won't be able to do it, so maybe my advice would be don't force yourself to do the entire 10 days if you notice you won't be able to do it and notice where your limit is, then be thankful for every additional minute that you are able to do but also be ready to quit.

If you actually manage to do it, lmk

3 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Why you want to do this?

Clarity by means of a removal of all distractions.

There are other ways to go about it, yes. 

Could this way be foolish, yes.

Am I open to other ways of gaining clarity, yes.

However, at some point, this practice of just existing will have it's rightful place in helping me to become clear on something. 

3 hours ago, Florian said:

@Oso I don't know your background obviously, but my guess is that you won't be able to do it, so maybe my advice would be don't force yourself to do the entire 10 days if you notice you won't be able to do it and notice where your limit is, then be thankful for every additional minute that you are able to do but also be ready to quit.

If you actually manage to do it, lmk

Thank you for your concern. I do see you point and after observing the matter, I'd need more time to plan it. Not only that, but it would most likely be a max of 7 days based on my schedule. 

@0so, the real you as the observer is just going to observe the body/mind character doing nothing.  The real you is doing nothing but observing anyway. 

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

go lock yourself in a room with no light for 10 days. you’ll trip sack, face your deepest fears, and maybe even astral project.

I havent done it lol. but tell us all how it is if you do!

Edited by Oppositionless

On 19/06/2023 at 2:21 AM, Oso said:

Clarity by means of a removal of all distractions.

There are other ways to go about it, yes. 

Could this way be foolish, yes.

Am I open to other ways of gaining clarity, yes.

However, at some point, this practice of just existing will have it's rightful place in helping me to become clear on something. 

Your doing nothing is doing something. But trying to do nothing is something worth doing. 

Beware of losing your mind.