Sugarcoat

Why meditation doesn’t work

41 posts in this topic

Because you’re already fucking awake my guy 

Ironically, I meditate before falling asleep each night and it works like a charm 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

5 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Ironically, I meditate before falling asleep each night and it works like a charm 

You get the message 

Meditating while asleep will keep you asleep forever

xD

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Sugarcoat this is the worst thing you can tell to someone on the spiritual path

Edited by _Archangel_

2 minutes ago, _Archangel_ said:

@Sugarcoat this is the worst thing you can tell to someone on the spiritual path

Okay so let’s break it down 

if it is true…:what is the harm?

if it’s not true….was it even much of a spiritual path if it’s so fragile that it’s threatened by such a statement ??‍♀️

3 minutes ago, _Archangel_ said:

He’s talking to nobody.

She isn’t sugar coating the Truth :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

Meditating while asleep will keep you asleep forever

xD

Are you talking in your sleep rn 

10 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

He’s talking to nobody.

Thank you for bringing positive light to my atrocious username (pls Leo let us change them) 

Just now, Sugarcoat said:

Are you talking in your sleep rn 

I am neither asleep nor awake. 

Just now, Yimpa said:

I am neither asleep nor awake. 

Okay you’re talking from your grave . Got it 

8 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

if it is true…:what is the harm?

if it’s not true….was it even much of a spiritual path if it’s so fragile that it’s threatened by such a statement ??‍♀️

@Sugarcoat - Ultimately true? Yes. 

The probem is though, whenever we try to give advice to "someone else" we are inside a realtive framework in which it has been proven effective through the ages to presuppose the ignorance of the other "individual". 
That's why, relativetely speaking, that's bad advice, beacuse it will demotivate people to incorporarate the axiom of dedication on their path.

Also, if what you said was correct, the archetype of a master wouldn't even exist. Most master give you paractices because they know the dangers of talking too far above the level of the disciple.

This "already enlightened" thing was pushed by new age circles that distorted the teachings of advaita and such., who are indeed clueless about awakening

23 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

He’s talking to nobody.

@Yimpa She is talking to somebody, or at least she is pretending to if she is here typing on a keyboard. Don't reduce to Absolutism.

For 99.8 percent of people pure Truth is unsueful. you got to give them something inbetween.

9 minutes ago, _Archangel_ said:

Ultimately true? Yes. 

The probem is though, whenever we try to give advice to "someone else" we are inside a realtive framework in which it has been proven effective through the ages to presuppose the ignorance of the other "individual". 
That's why, relativetely speaking, that's bad advice, beacuse it will demotivate people to incorporarate the axiom of dedication on their path.

Also, if what you said was correct, the archetype of a master wouldn't even exist. Most master give you paractices because they know the dangers of talking too far above the level of the disciple.

This "already enlightened" thing was pushed by new age circles that distorted the teachings of advaita and such., who are indeed clueless about awakening

Path and practice only has value if you believe it has any connection whatsoever to “enlightenment “

but it doesn’t make sense to me, not even conceptually .

if you claim enlightenment is nothing at all, it makes zero sense then to believe that anything could get you there

but sure if you believe it has qualities to it like some ultra clear state or no thoughts state then sure it makes sense that practice and path could get there

also: if you claim the importance of any sort of path or practice to get enlightened. Then you are essentially saying you know something about what enlightenment is because you are claiming you know what’s crucial to get there. If you know something about enlightenment then suddenly it has a quality to it and it is SOMETHING, contradicting if you believe it’s nothing at all

i Don’t know shit I’m just saying some of y’all not making sense not even on a purely conceptual level . 

Giving apes language... -_-

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Meditation does not work for most people because it’s not something you do . You can’t do meditation 

7 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

Because you’re already fucking awake my guy 

It works.  You just can't seek enlightenment it has to surprise the ego.   If you sit in meditation long enough you will have an awakening. It's just that most people don't because they are stuck tightly to the dream.  They have survival needs and they only care about surviving in this dream as the self.  They never bother to self inquire or turn inwards.  If they did this long enough they would experience their own death.   Psychedelics can bring this on without meditation- but again, if one is still not inquiring into existence and what they are, they will only experience what the ego wants them to.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

41 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

Path and practice only has value if you believe it has any connection whatsoever to “enlightenment “

but it doesn’t make sense to me, not even conceptually .

@Sugarcoat I'm willing to bet most of those who have/had a profound attainment followed some kind of practice/took psychedelics systematically.

You won't become enlightened by chance as much as you won't compose a great music piece by chance.
Sure, just doing it doesn't equal success, but surely encreases our possibility.

45 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

if you claim enlightenment is nothing at all, it makes zero sense then to believe that anything could get you there

but sure if you believe it has qualities to it like some ultra clear state or no thoughts state then sure it makes sense that practice and path could get there

i don't know what you what you mean by "enlightenment is nothing", i never wrote that. 
I would say that enlightenment is a change in the context of existence that is usually preceded by some kind of activities 

a would define a change in state as a change in the content of existence. As i wrote, enlightment is a change in context.
Nontheless, a clear and present state of mind is certainly mere conductive to awakening then being drunk for example.

Picture of Mother Divine in Kali form, dancing on poor Shiva lying helplessly on the ground is not some metaphysical metaphor. Female Energy is a Dancing Chaos of Fire and Desire. All good although quite tough to comprehend sometimes if not impossible at all???

Whether it works or not depends on the purpose for why it's taken up in the first place.

Meditation is ultimately about healing and calming the mind down, not setting out to become conscious. Two different pursuits. The latter could better be called contemplation. Meditation can work relative to its purpose.

Edited by UnbornTao

4 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

also: if you claim the importance of any sort of path or practice to get enlightened. Then you are essentially saying you know something about what enlightenment is because you are claiming you know what’s crucial to get there. If you know something about enlightenment then suddenly it has a quality to it and it is SOMETHING, contradicting if you believe it’s nothing at all

You're conflating the absolute with the relative.

It's common for neo-advaitans to plant themselves at the start line, and refuse to run because they have conceptually realized the race is only a relative experience. Congratulations? You still suffer, life lacks meaning, relationships are empty, and you might as well not have designed the race in the first place.

You can plant your ass on the sand, sweating in the sun while claiming the race isn't real, or you can strike out on the scenic marathon with clear eyes. Either way, you are still stuck in the race, only in a state of stagnation or freedom.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.