LSD-Rumi

Antipsychotics are perfect for stopping a trip

17 posts in this topic

I used them a lot to stop really bad trips, they work like a charm. They eliminate >80% of the effects

This is from ChatGPT

"There are two main classes of antipsychotics: typical (first-generation) antipsychotics and atypical (second-generation) antipsychotics. Both classes can affect serotonin receptors, but atypical antipsychotics tend to have a stronger impact on serotonin receptors compared to typical antipsychotics.

Atypical antipsychotics, such as risperidone, olanzapine, quetiapine, and aripiprazole, have a higher affinity for serotonin receptors, particularly the 5-HT2A subtype. These medications block the activity of serotonin at these receptors, leading to a reduction in serotonin signaling in certain brain regions.

This blockade of serotonin receptors can have both therapeutic and side effects. By blocking serotonin receptors, atypical antipsychotics can help alleviate certain symptoms associated with schizophrenia, such as hallucinations and delusions. Additionally, the modulation of serotonin signaling may contribute to the improvement of mood and the reduction of anxiety in some individuals."

Where is the fun in stopping psychosis?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Hmm are they unhealthy? 

I find the end of lsd trips really unpleasent because I am always kind of exhausted after such a long trip and the light effect at the end is super annoying because I just can't relax so that would be nice to stop the trip a bit earlier if its healthy. 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Where is the fun in stopping psychosis?

I used to severe OCD during acid trips to the point I feel my head was going to explode with stupid thoughts, But eveytime I stopped them I wish I hadn't

1 hour ago, Jannes said:

Hmm are they unhealthy? 

I find the end of lsd trips really unpleasent because I am always kind of exhausted after such a long trip and the light effect at the end is super annoying because I just can't relax so that would be nice to stop the trip a bit earlier if its healthy. 

sporadic use is negligible. Psychiatrists give them all the time for all kinds of mental illnesses like depression or OCD But some of them if taken every day could cause diabetes and raise blood lipids.

Some of them cause sedation too, so this might be a plus after a long trip.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

2 hours ago, Jannes said:

Hmm are they unhealthy? 

That's due to LSD's effect as a stimulant. Coming down from such an upper tends to be exhausting.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I used to severe OCD during acid trips to the point I feel my head was going to explode with stupid thoughts, But eveytime I stopped them I wish I hadn't

Interesting. Do you think you would have learned from these bad trips?

1 hour ago, Jannes said:

Interesting. Do you think you would have learned from these bad trips?

Nothing. I honestly learned to stop doing psychedelics and seek medical help. 

6 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Why do you wish you didn't stop the bad trips then?

34 minutes ago, Jannes said:

Why do you wish you didn't stop the bad trips then?

Because I used to have amazing insight before the OCD starts raping my mind. It was a tragedy for me everytime I did it, on one hand I wanted to continue the trip  and on the other hand the trip was going so bad.

But the main insight was to stop taking acid, and go look for something else. 

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

In my opinion, the actual modern medical help is so sick and clueless about the roots of “mental illness”. They can just provide some relief and enable you to breath a bit by numbing your system. It’s very hard to find a very conscious doctor that has the ability to go deep and not just relying on what they studied in their university books. 
btw hope it helps you.

24 minutes ago, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

In my opinion, the actual modern medical help is so sick and clueless about the roots of “mental illness”. They can just provide some relief and enable you to breath a bit by numbing your system. It’s very hard to find a very conscious doctor that has the ability to go deep and not just relying on what they studied in their university books. 
btw hope it helps you.

It is not depression. I have bipolar type 2 and OCD. Medical help, improved my state a bit but what treated me was 3-meo pce. It was divine. It induced a state of hypomania in me that treated everything.

On 29/5/2023 at 3:44 AM, LSD-Rumi said:

Yeah metacognition and mindfulness is precisely for this

Cyproheptadine is readily available and a good dose should do the trick.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Hehe, I think they won't help everyone. Once I took 200yg lsd and right before the peak I got fear and took 200mg quetiapine and it helped shit. Even the letters on the screen rearrenged in" that won't help you now". It was crazy.

However I accepted it and had a good time and a full fletched trip. But they seem to help me at the end of the trip because that make me sleepy or else after 12 hours I'm still too energized to sleep.

Having antipsychotic drugs might be a good idea if you're starting out. Don't forget that there's things to learn from bad trips as well. But I guess I don't see the harm in it if that's how one wants to approach the use of psychedelics. I did some alprazolam (xanax) before my trips when I started out. Then when I did psychedelics without them I realized how much they take away from the experience. Sure, you'll handle a bad trip much better but getting a powerful experience is what you lose.

Edited by 8Ball

I paint abstract art. Check out my website and let me know what you think.

https://www.galleriabstrakt.se/collections/all

(I only ship within Sweden so forgive me if you see a painting you'd like but can't order)