Leo Gura

Meditation Techniques Mega Thread

50 posts in this topic

A Method For The Indecisive Creative Types Who Can't Settle On A Practice  like yours truly 

intuitive yoga:  

sit and focus on where your intuitive awareness naturally takes you. there will be many thoughts, sensations, ect. but you will naturally be drawn to a specific thing in your awareness. it could be a thought, a concept, a sensation, a visualization, maybe something you perceive with your senses, ect. focus on that thing until your intuitive awareness loses interest. when it loses interest intuitively scan/observe your entire field of awareness until you find something else to focus on. try to be loose and natural in this process. you wanna see this almost as more of a natural trance state than a meditation. there will be moments when there's nothing specific that you're drawn to, in these moments you can observe your awareness inconclusively dace from one thing to the next . do not force your awareness to go anywhere or do anything, this also means you can't force it to stop being forceful ;)   

this is the practice of intuition at the end of the day. so if you're having trouble understanding aspects of how to do the meditation allow that intuitive awareness to fill in the gaps and guide the practice. stay open ended with your practice so much so that if your intuition gives you a hint that you should drastically change the way you do this practice you should follow up on that and change it. 

Osho Dynamic Meditation

Instructions:

The meditation lasts one hour and has five stages. Keep your eyes closed throughout, using a blindfold if necessary. It can be done alone, and can be even more powerful if it is done with others.

First Stage: 10 minutes

Breathing chaotically through the nose, let breathing be intense, deep, fast, without rhythm, with no pattern – and concentrating always on the exhalation. The body will take care of the inhalation. The breath should move deeply into the lungs. Do this as fast and as hard as you possibly can until you literally become the breathing. Use your natural body movements to help you to build up your energy. Feel it building up, but don’t let go during the first stage.

Second Stage: 10 minutes

EXPLODE! … Let go of everything that needs to be thrown out. Follow your body. Give your body freedom to express whatever is there. Go totally mad. Scream, shout, cry, jump, kick, shake, dance, sing, laugh; throw yourself around. Hold nothing back; keep your whole body moving. A little acting often helps to get you started. Never allow your mind to interfere with what is happening. Consciously go mad. Be total.

Third Stage: 10 minutes

With arms raised high above your head, jump up and down shouting the mantra, “Hoo! Hoo! Hoo!” as deeply as possible. Each time you land, on the flats of your feet, let the sound hammer deep into the sex center. Give all you have; exhaust yourself completely.

Fourth Stage: 15 minutes

STOP! Freeze wherever you are, in whatever position you find yourself. Don’t arrange the body in any way. A cough, a movement, anything, will dissipate the energy flow and the effort will be lost. Be a witness to everything that is happening to you.

Fifth Stage: 15 minutes

Celebrate! With music and dance express whatsoever is there. Carry your aliveness with you throughout the ray

My experience:

I did this in a forest w/ a good friend.  During the first stage I felt tingling in my feet and I was trying to become the breath. 

In the second stage I yelled my lungs out and I stripped naked and beat on my chest and made out with trees and it felt amazing.

In the third stage I yelled HOO! and I felt energy building up in my arms

In the fourth stage I stood still and I felt my cold hands become extremely hot very suddenly.  I didn't move for 15 mins

In the last stage I began to dance and I felt energy shoot out of my hands and all the energy dissipated out of my body and it felt amazing!

A true celebration of life.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

I have a question about where to look while meditating. I found that shifting my focus between my eyebrows and "pressing" on that spot while my eyes are closed is more conducive to my practice.

Can you share what works for you ? Also what positioning of the head (tilted forwards or backwards, or keeping it straight) helps your practice ?

On 10/14/2017 at 2:30 PM, Maxx said:

Being aware of primordial awareness

how can I be aware of something that's not a thing? isnt it the same as being aware of nothing in particular?

You can replace Awareness with consciousness, or reality. Consciousness is reality. So what you are trying to be aware of, is awareness (reality itself), you get why it's so hard to grasp ? :)

On 01/11/2017 at 6:42 PM, Ilya said:

how can I be aware of something that's not a thing? isnt it the same as being aware of nothing in particular?

Find out what you're not and then see you are one with it too (merged), but you are the pure awareness, that can go deep and light the candles to dispell the darkness.

Try the following meditation for 5 minutes and report back. It should release your energy from mind and start energising your entire being - not just the attic (?Thoughts are expensive - especially the ones that are causing negative emotions) 

1) Sit and close your eyes.

2) Here is the potent pointer which will kill any thought and leave you with just WHAT IS: "How do I know that I have a body?" Follow that question to the experience it points to - simply feel any sensations that are present. You begin to give more attention to your inner energy field instead of giving it to thought!

How liberating. You will sense your vibration rising through the roof if you keep at it! Yeah baby. 

3) Return to the pointer whenever you catch yourself drifting off into thoughts!  It is going to happen! Even sometimes you wont realize, so better keep repeating it like a mantra for a while, but make sure to Follow the experience being pointed to! It's like waking up in a dream - you need to do reality checks ?

This pointer will bring you back to presence again and again and Presence will defeat the Ego in the end, because it is the Truth. 

u21cjjbefh54.gif

While doing this Know that you are not any of the sensations,  you are the witness of them,  but at the same time you are one with them! Like you are their boyfriend/girlfriend or something!!  ? ?

Let me know of your experience

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

The best meditation that works for me is to go for a walk and just look at, and listen to, and smell, and feel (like feeling the sun on the skin) everything whilst turning the mind off.

That is listen to bird singing. But don't process the singing. It is just noise. Listen to the noise.

See whatever you see, don't attach a label to it, just see it and move on.

Feel the sun on your skin. But don't think "this is the Sun" just feel it.

Smell the air. Don't work out what you are smelling just smell.

Do this with all of your senses and do this often.

If you try it, it might work for you. It might take a while, because you are used to a constant stream of thoughts. But if it works, you will find the most joy you have ever experienced.

Because personally I find sitting or lying or even standing meditations to be absolutely boring.