HMD

Should I always share my insights ?

13 posts in this topic

I have a tendency to try and help others by sharing my insights in a way that they can apply in their lives. There are several reasons why I do this.

One reason is that I believe it splits my consciousness, allowing me to improve the practicality of my insight by writing for the other part of my split consciousness. However, I am not writing for myself in this case, but rather for the persona I have assigned to the other half of my consciousness. This makes the insight more general and not specific to my needs.

Another reason is that sharing my insights with others and receiving validation makes me feel good about myself. It also confirms that my insight is useful and relevant, and can be applied to my own life if enough people find it valuable. However, once I receive validation, I tend to feel that I have achieved my purpose, and I never use the insight again in practice. I simply forget about it after a few days. This turns the insight into a theory, concept, or belief, which can make me close-minded.

Despite this, sharing my insights with others also ensures that they are grounded and practical. If you were in my position, would you continue to use this system, stop sharing your insights completely, or find a middle ground?

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

In the flow state, sharing insights can actually transmute to realizing insights. It's one of the best qualities of spiritually engaging with others. As the saying goes, the teacher learns more than the student.

That said, I'm realizing it's important to gauge what you share to what is actually needed at the time. People are in different states of awareness, and will respond accordingly. The same has proven true for my own spiritual deepening. Something that was incoherent at an earlier point in my life suddenly becomes luminous.

Align the lesson with the learner. The most apt will learn directly from silence, which is not the absence of words, but the being of spirit. If you have to settle for words, that's fine too.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

It's like giving away all the pearls you find for free, which is why they stop carrying meaning.

24 minutes ago, meta_male said:

It's like giving away all the pearls you find for free, which is why they stop carrying meaning.

But Leo's best stuff is free ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

13 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

But Leo's best stuff is free ?

Probably not his most precious stuff ;)

Since insights often will mold someone's future it's important that we are aware of the potential impact of our insights 

13 hours ago, QQQ said:

You share your insights because you are selfish. You then create a belief, a story, as to why this is a good or bad, right or wrong.

Be honest with yourself, why do you really share you insights? What are you hiding from yourself? Only silence can bring you the truth.

@QQQ That's one reason. I mentioned this (NOT EXPLICITLY) in the post. 

12 hours ago, Moksha said:

In the flow state, sharing insights can actually transmute to realizing insights. It's one of the best qualities of spiritually engaging with others. As the saying goes, the teacher learns more than the student.

That said, I'm realizing it's important to gauge what you share to what is actually needed at the time. People are in different states of awareness, and will respond accordingly. The same has proven true for my own spiritual deepening. Something that was incoherent at an earlier point in my life suddenly becomes luminous.

Align the lesson with the learner. The most apt will learn directly from silence, which is not the absence of words, but the being of spirit. If you have to settle for words, that's fine too.

@Moksha I like this perspective. I noticed that most people are uncomfortable with silence. Maybe that's the most important lesson for them, then. To be comfortable with silence. 

12 hours ago, meta_male said:

@meta_male If I learn to value the pearls, and share them with others nonetheless, I reckon that'll increase their value. 

@Jacob Morres For sure, I try my best to attack my insight from many angles before sharing. Even then I warn others to not believe me and use their own judgement, but if the shoes fits, wear it. 

I'm careful sharing insights irl because if people can't connect with it, it will most likely cause gaslighting, drama, and dislike.
Sometimes it's better to lead and inspire people to their own insights instead of imposing your own.
How many times have you stated an insight to someone like "do this, because so and so" and actually seen a change in their life?
People change when something resonates with them and interconnects in their minds, and that's something that people have to work for and is unique for everyone.
When you see other people's perspectives more you will not have to split your mind, you will just act accordingly.

Edited by TheNovice

You should always share most of your insights because if you don't use use them, you lose them. Practice doesn't make perfect but practice helps to make permanence. 

3 hours ago, HMD said:

I noticed that most people are uncomfortable with silence. Maybe that's the most important lesson for them, then. To be comfortable with silence. 

Ramana Maharshi sometimes settled for words, but his highest teaching was silence. As Psalm 46 puts it, "Be still and know that I am God."

Silence has power, regardless of the level of the learner. The ego loves conflict, and when it encounters silence, it wilts because there is no opposing energy to feed it.

Even deeply unconscious people can respond positively to silence, especially the deep silence flowing from the absolute.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Yes you should. When you get something out of it and your insights deepen or it sparks new ones. Or you uncover another layer of truths/lies.

It is very helpful and makes me think and fires up my own contemplation process. Yet i could never give validation, as i would have to be absolutely certain so i would keep thatin mind when receiving feedback .  I also would share my insights more often but im stuck and rarely have any relevant ones. 

Edited by effortlesslumen