nightrider1435

My First Mushroom Trip

15 posts in this topic

About a week ago I took my first trip on mushrooms, only took a two gram dose but it was very potent stuff. So I took it and had to wait about 30 minutes before it hit me but when it did... oh man. I had never been so aware of my monkey mind in my entire life! Now I know why its called tripping... your literally tripping over every thought you have. I was bouncing from thought to thought to thought to thought, it made me realize for the first time in my life the extent of how bad our monkey minds actually are, like... its bad haha. Unfortunately I decided to do this with a friend, which was a mistake. Once the trip really started settling in my friend couldn't handle it at all and started having a bad trip, he's not on the spiritual path like I am and it was his first time tripping too. Eventually he just tried to sleep it off, which was good because he was distracting me from the peak of my trip, I was mindful enough to handle the trip.

My friend went and passed out in my room, so I went to my living room and sat on my couch for the rest of the trip, just being inside my head with my thoughts. I realized why my friend was tripping out. He was trying to run away from it, but the thing is you can't run away from it because there's no where to run! You are everything, you are simply just everything! You can't identify with anything like the ego wants to, the trip shows you that you can't... and if you try, well.. your going to have a bad time haha. Now I have watched most of Leo's videos but there is a huge difference between hearing and understanding. My main points of realization in this trip was your not the body and life is just an illusion, I got a completely new understanding of this! 

Once the trip was over reality just looked so... clear.. like the clearest its ever been to me in a long time. In fact I drove around for about hour just to look at everything because everything looked so beautiful in a completely new way to me. The trip made me realize that I need to start taking my mediation seriously again, because I've been slacking on that lately by not doing it everyday. My mediation sessions have been so powerful since the trip. That new clear view of reality I had after the trip was so amazing that I didn't want to lose touch with it, and I didn't either! I have been mediating a bunch lately and have managed to keep this new perspective that I have now.

I feel that my awareness has increased. It seems like with every mediation session I am sinking deeper, and deeper into the present moment and its incredible. A lot less thinking and just straight being! I was actually really stressed out a day or two after the trip just cause the insights set in deep and it was such a radical change in seeing the world that my ego was starting to panic. My mediation sessions have helped greatly with that though, I'm feeling quite amazing now. I feel like a new person now who actually wants to progress more and more instead of staying in the exact same spot going nowhere, which was me before the trip. I'm a pretty big pothead too, I smoke everyday. But now.. this new sense of being is just so amazing that I really haven't cared to smoke much, which surprised me. I've been an everyday stoner since I was 18, I'm 21 now, and this is the first time in a long time that I haven't cared to smoke at all. Now I just smoke before bed instead of all day and night but I'm about to run out and now I feel like I can stop once I do.

I just had to share my story here. I try to explain this to the people in my life but none of them get it man, they just don't get it, I'm done trying to explain my journey to people, I don't even know why I try haha. I can't wait to see how far I can keep expanding my awareness, psychedelics ftw!

No fuvk the world. see the trip as a trip you have chosen. it's a vacation of one. 

Now open the door and close it each time seeing another story you wish to read or open.

However each story you will write or create in the mind. steady your true being. 

Awaken your true being.

I'm starting to get a sense of what our true being is actually like, although I've barley cracked the shell. The fact that there are more levels above the one I'm on right now is simply incredible. I've been trying to stay in tune with it ever since the trip. The past week I've been going about my daily life just in ah of everything, my new state of being has just been the best thing ever. I can't wait to take my 2nd trip alone because a big portion of this trip was wasted on keeping my friend calm, I still learned alot but I could had learned more I feel like. Should had listened to Leo and endured the trip by myself.

Keep going my man. Sounds like you're making progress. Maybe cut out your pot habit if you want to really go places though!

Founder of The Great Updraft: Articles, Courses + More

www.thegreatupraft.com

1 hour ago, RossE said:

Keep going my man. Sounds like you're making progress. Maybe cut out your pot habit if you want to really go places though!

Ever since the trip I've only smoked before bed but before that it would be a bowl before work, blunt during lunch break, being high for the rest of the night once I got back home, high all day and night on my days off... Trying to mediate while high .. wondering why I'm not seeing much progress at all..... Haha. Problem right now is I still have about 7 grams of this shit..I need to just give it away to my friends or something.My ego has been trying to pull back to the old ways like damn, I'm so aware of it though now, I can see around it now. I'm just afraid I'll slip back, I hope I can keep this up honestly. I don't want to return to my old self at all but this damn ego... Shit is hard

Very inspiring to hear stories like this especially that I'm going to do a mushroom trip next week by myself. Psychedelics have been mostly about fun for me in the past but now I really wanna do them for self-growth and deep self-inquiry. 

Don't try to become a Buddha. Just be yourself. That is the Buddha.

Bliss out to LeakyBliss ? ➡ https://bit.ly/2Ld2QOC

Be careful of what your ego is doing right now. On mushrooms you saw some of the truth but as soon as it wear off your ego started to make sense of it. It created concepts that you might consider the truth but it is not. I had this problem when I thought I roughly knew what enlightenment is and during meditative session a was trying to go that direction but it was a dead end. So what I am trying to say is that never think you got any part of enlightenment. Never stop questioning everything in your direct awareness. Once you think you got it you stop seeking and you start to live in a illusion again.

7 hours ago, Setty said:

Be careful of what your ego is doing right now. On mushrooms you saw some of the truth but as soon as it wear off your ego started to make sense of it. It created concepts that you might consider the truth but it is not. I had this problem when I thought I roughly knew what enlightenment is and during meditative session a was trying to go that direction but it was a dead end. So what I am trying to say is that never think you got any part of enlightenment. Never stop questioning everything in your direct awareness. Once you think you got it you stop seeking and you start to live in a illusion again.

My ego is still trying to make sense of it. After the trip it was really bad, I was really really stressed the fuck out about it. Now I get it when Leo says your going to have to put emotional labor into this. I've just been trying to stay aware and self observe. Been meditating a bunch though, yesterday was my day off and I did 3 sessions for a total of 3 hours. I appreciate your reply man, I needed to hear that. I want to make sure I'm ready for my next trip, I'm not ready as of now. I'm probably going to wait at least another 4 weeks. This is a lot to take in.

Great job nightrider, yeah psychedelic cacti can be good for cutting the pot habit too as well as other psychedelics. Keep up the good work and next time trip alone and write down your goal for the trip and try to dig into your psyche to really make progress.  ;)

Mystical experiences of awe are so profound you will never forget them :). Cool huh how you can change the lighting without actually changing 'the light source', you probably get what I mean with this. Epiphany is the word! After your third trip take it slow, doesn't make much sense now but psychologically it does.

1 hour ago, Principium Nexus said:

Mystical experiences of awe are so profound you will never forget them :). Cool huh how you can change the lighting without actually changing 'the light source', you probably get what I mean with this. Epiphany is the word! After your third trip take it slow, doesn't make much sense now but psychologically it does.

Yeah I get what your saying, probably wouldn't have before my trip though haha.

@nightrider1435 Congratulations on your first shroom experience! Also, thanks for sharing.

Tripping along alone, in my personally chosen set and setting has allowed me to experience everything without trying to relate to someone else's trip. Or their reactions, positive or negative.. sounds like you are feeling that too now.

I do have a few suggestions ( I know you didn't ask, I'm just like that sometimes).

Bathe or shower not long before your trip. If you neglect this little aspect in enhanced states you'll quickly notice every place on your body that even has a chance of itching, ever. It can get distracting, noticing stuff you usually don't notice, a little preparation helps you not notice and be distracted by trivial dermal disturbances. 

If you ingest on an empty or near empty stomach, maybe a few pre-made smoothies in the fridge is a good idea for mid-trip. Also, it can be fun to trip for hours on end, not even thinking about food, and then on like, the 7th hour, remember that you prepared awesome snacks for the 'famishy' comedown.

If you tend to become artistically inspired during your altered states, it helps to have stuff pre-set-up.

Draw, paint, sculpt, 'real'-world or digitally? Have your gear ready to play with if inspiration hits. Play a musical instrument, or create and record music 'real'-world or digitally? Have your gear ready to go in case you suddenly seem brilliantly creative. 

Turn off the damn phone. 

Also, if you haven't experienced your favourite music while tripping, don't neglect this. Headphones if possible, and good quality sound devices of course. Yeah I know, we're supposed to be growing ourselves and having insights, not leisurely partying away to tunes. However, the level of different understanding and perceiving your favourite music can be very, very moving. It's a shift you'll never forget. I feel pretty spiritual when I'm crying tears of ecstacy and joy because the sound is so... deep. I feel my connection to everything like crazy when music actually comes alive like that. I hear God and get to be God in a positive feedback loop that defies description.

And lastly, if you set an intent, or intentions before a trip.. MDMA, acid, 'shrooms, etc, please never forget to 'abide as awareness' whenever you remember to. Sitting in a comfy room, tripping balls and loving it? When you aren't distracted by all the astoundingly cool shit that you are experiencing.. stop, look around, get out of your intellect or usual mind and simply - BE. Recognize that you are awareness. Not that you are aware, but that you are awareness. Everything, everything within awareness is you. Your body, your mind, the space around you and any object within that space, your sense perceptions, everything, EVERYTHING, is you, and from you. Get a feel for that when all enhanced and you'll be closer to, and more easily able to be 'abiding as awareness' in your moment by moment day. 

Abiding as awareness is my favourite way of entering the present moment fully, and while it lasts, it's friggin' powerful.

Oh, and sex is so ridiculously awesome during comedown.. (yes during comedown, it's too weird trying to kiss a face that's sort of melting, let alone the sea monster hiding under the cotton!)

Open to all suggestions, I did take it on a completely empty stomach because I wanted to experience a heavy trip. It taught me how to abide as awareness even better than before. I was slowly getting there with mediation, but the trip helped speed it up a bit. I think I'm going to try acid next, or maybe shrooms again, haven't decided yet. I will definitely set that intention before I trip. At some point I want to go all in with 5 meo dmt and experience God, when I'm ready of course.

Nice. I'm looking at growing a bunch of magic mushrooms. I don't usually run across them.. just luck here and there.  I kind of want a stash, so I can plan some trips rather than luck into the 'shroom world only here and there. I was thinking, I should have saved a hit of LSD for every one I took when I was a teenager, I'd have a nice stash of quality chemicals haa. I wonder if blotter acid keeps it's potency for 35 years. I plan to order some AL-LAD and some 1p-LSD in the near future. I'm very interesred in mastering the whole PFtek thing for growing mushrooms though. 5meo for me too, sometime down the line. I want to spend a few months preparing for that blast of ego-death though, holee.

What I took was mushrooms extracted out into a liquid, it was some strong stuff! I've eaten some weak shrooms before and didn't even trip haha. Yeah I feel you on that, it would be nice to grow your own and take a trip whenever you want. I definitely want to try al-lad too after watching Leo's trip report. I'm in the same boat as you with 5 meo though haha. Getting my hands on it will be difficult and once I do have it I'm going to need the balls to do it haha. I'm wondering how much preparation you can do for it honestly, just have to take it and be ready to surrender!