Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skenderberg

Meditating Before Sleep Makes It Easier To Enter That State In The Morning?

10 posts in this topic

Hello.

Has anyone noticed that when you meditate before sleep then in the morning you can enter that medative state much faster?

Not always. I'd prefer to meditation times of 4am and 6am. cleansing cycle. reboot. then day begins fresh full of wonder and spunk. 

Yes if I've been stressed I'll meditate before bed. however I find it's not best for me always. 

In short I enjoy the calm before the storm.

I'd say so.

Has anyone noticed meditation messing with their sleep? I get the feeling my increased awareness levels actually make it harder for me to fall asleep. Last two weeks barely had a night of more than 6 hours sleep.

I always felt meditating in the morning made the rest of my day a lot better. I think a lot more clearly and am much more aware when I meditate shortly after waking up rather than later in the day, but of course it varies for people.

@Skenderberg

My morning meditation feels like dragging a horse through mud compared to my evening meditation. 5:45 am is when I sit in the morning and 8:30 ish in the evenings. I never seem to have that piercing clarity in the morning for some reason.

I feel more unconscious than in a meditative state. Which for me being fully conscious is the most important thing during my meditation. 

Memento Mori

@Joel3102 SAME! I started having nights of total insomnia, which has never happened before in my entire life! Not sure if it's causal, correlated or anything at all... just strange. It's as though meditation offers a deep rest which significantly lessens the need for sleep. 

@Joel3102 @Saba same! I've NEVER had problems to sleep, now it's a ritual, like two hours to fall asleep, my meditation is around 7pm when I come back from the gym, I'm getting only 6 hours of sleep sometimes less, is that ok? I would like to know more about it 

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

11 hours ago, Joel3102 said:

I'd say so.

Has anyone noticed meditation messing with their sleep? I get the feeling my increased awareness levels actually make it harder for me to fall asleep. Last two weeks barely had a night of more than 6 hours sleep.

Yeah, this used to happen to me the first times I experimented with meditating late at night. For me, I'd be very alert and aware. Not thinking about anything in particular, but just being.

Meditation is to the mind as sleep is to the body.

B R E A T H E