ivankiss

How do you handle the darkness in you?

16 posts in this topic

Do you run away from it? Do you cope with it somehow? Do you channel it? Do you integrate it? What do you do with it? Are you ignoring it? Pretending that it doesn't exist, until one day it takes control and riuns your life? Do you acknowledge, understand and respect its place in the universe? Its place in you?

Are you mature enough to handle the darkness in you? Are you wise enough to know how to transform it? 

How do you handle the darkness, when it arises? 

...Me? I like brutal death metal B|

Pineal Gland Optics and Deadlifts.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

There is no darkness, just light focused stupidly.  the way to handle it is to try to be as non-stupid as possible.

4 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

There is no darkness, just light focused stupidly.  the way to handle it is to try to be as non-stupid as possible.

Or be yourself and look stupid to others. 

It ain’t that serious ^_^

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

Just now, Yimpa said:

Or be yourself and look stupid to others. 

It ain’t that serious ^_^

Maybe you don't understand what stupidity is. Stupidity is lack of understanding

Just now, Breakingthewall said:

Maybe you don't understand what stupidity is. Stupidity is lack of understanding

Always multiple ways to see the same dice ;)

IMG_0489.jpeg

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

1 minute ago, Yimpa said:

Always multiple ways to see the same dice ;)

IMG_0489.jpeg

Well, lack of sense of judgement, or be unintelligent, means at the end lack of understanding

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Pineal Gland Optics and Deadlifts.

Correct answer. Everyone else, thank you for your participation.

FB_IMG_1675180958732.jpg

You Love the darkness and Integrate it. You have to accept all parts and all aspects of your self to become a whole being. I believe the modern term among the spiritual communities is "shadow work". Darkness is fundamentally Eternal home, but disregard the shadow, it only grows bigger.

You need to make peace with and it evolves with love...

Love does it all, it heals and unites everything.

Love Is Truth ~

As above so below, as within so without.

Acknowledge it, explore it, become curious about it - what does it feel like, how and where does it manifest physically, in the body? Notice exactly where in your body you feel tightness and tension, and allow those areas to relax and breathe. As you do this, what sorts of emotions arise? Sadness, perhaps, or grief, fear, despair, hopelessness - whatever it is, let those more vulnerable feelings be felt. Your attitude is everything, there needs to be an openness and an acceptance of whatever arises, no matter how painful or distressing it may feel.

Or you could just stick on some death metal, whatever works. xD 

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@RickyFitts I like that advice, very similar to what my therapist helps guide me with. Also, death metal is awesome. There’s a musician on Twitch named Grym who plays death metal.. highly recommend checking him out.

Don’t forget that the darkness isn’t just coming from your own individual life, it’s also about those close to you. 

That’s why healthy boundaries are important. For example, the girl I’m talking to has some pretty dark shit that she’s going through. I still love her, but I realize that I need to take care of myself first and foremost and not make her the main source of happiness in my life. 

I don't make a big deal out of it. Art (both creation and consumption) gives me the premission to safely explore those parts (or any shadow parts) in me without any real life consequences. That's why art is so important for healthy society imo.

There is a monster in any human but this monster doesn't want to be pushed out otherwise it will behave like a monster. But when it looked with an open mind, understanding and curiosity, this monster become very timid and harmless.

Let Love In

4 hours ago, Yimpa said:

There’s a musician on Twitch named Grym who plays death metal.. highly recommend checking him out.

I just mentioned death metal because Ivan brought it up tbh, it's not really my cup of tea. xD 

4 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Don’t forget that the darkness isn’t just coming from your own individual life, it’s also about those close to you. 

That’s why healthy boundaries are important. For example, the girl I’m talking to has some pretty dark shit that she’s going through. I still love her, but I realize that I need to take care of myself first and foremost and not make her the main source of happiness in my life. 

This is good advice though, I like this. Nothing like a codependent relationship to really drag you down, I've found, so healthy boundaries are hugely important as you say.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Fear is never gone from your soul
That saw humiliation
Being prey to the blackest of demons
Paralyzed you fail

Fallen beneath
The mark of dignity
You fail

A demon passed on from one
To the next infiltrates
A mind innocent and pure
Planting the seed to possess
Another soul that is doomed to fail