Hardkill

Why isn’t anyone in the Russian government able to stop Putin?

75 posts in this topic

I get that the people of Russia can’t really do anything to stop Putin from continuing his war in Ukraine, but why doesn’t the Russian legislative branch or the Russian court system or Putin’s inner circle (the siloviki) put a stop to his madness? 

I understand that having Democratic, free, and fair elections doesn’t work in Russia, but why aren’t there at least any checks and balances at all in the government amongst all of the elites?

What does Putin have over everyone else within the courts, the legislative branches, the siloviki that none of them are willing to do the right thing?

Or is it that all of the elites have also been true believers of restoring the Soviet Union empire?

Edited by Hardkill

@Hardkill

31 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

I get that the people of Russia can’t really do anything to stop Putin from continuing his war in Ukraine, but why doesn’t the Russian legislative branch or the Russian court system or Putin’s inner circle (the siloviki) put a stop to his madness? 

I understand that having Democratic, free, and fair elections doesn’t work in Russia, but why aren’t there at least any checks and balances at all in the government amongst all of the elites?

What does Putin have over everyone else within the courts, the legislative branches, the siloviki that none of them are willing to do the right thing?

Or is it that all of the elites have also been true believers of restoring the Soviet Union empire?

Why haven't Russia's legislative branch, court systems and the inner grouping of Stalin, stopped Stalin?

19 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Hardkill

Why haven't Russia's legislative branch, court systems and the inner grouping of Stalin, stopped Stalin?

That’s a good question. Why was that?

3 hours ago, Hardkill said:

He has a domestic approval rating over 80%.

We wrote a book!

Ascetus.com/authors/jwayne

33 minutes ago, Jwayne said:

He has a domestic approval rating over 80%.

But most Russian citizens are approving his invasion only because they are afraid of defying him or disapproving him.

@Hardkill The majority of Russians supports the unprovoked illegal barbaric invasion of Ukraine. So of course also the other people in Kremlin supports the war.

When Putin loses his power, then someone equally bad, or someone worse, will take his place. Russia has pretty much always been like that.

Edited by Blackhawk

10 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

@Hardkill The majority of Russians supports the unprovoked illegal barbaric invasion of Ukraine. So of course also the other people in Kremlin supports the war.

When Putin loses his power, then someone equally bad, or someone worse, will take his place. Russia has pretty much always been like that.

How do we know for sure that the majority of Russians truly support the war or are just approving it out of fear of being imprisoned or killed by the Kremlin?

12 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

But most Russian citizens are approving his invasion only because they are afraid of defying him or disapproving him.

That's highly presumptuous of you.

Are you omniscient? Upon what basis can you say what 'most Russian citizens' think?

We wrote a book!

3 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

How do we know for sure that the majority of Russians truly support the war or are just approving it out of fear of being imprisoned or killed by the Kremlin?

That's why polling and surveys are done anonymously. There's no fear of reprisal because there's no way to trace who said what.

As for social media and public speaking, that's different. Even in Western democracies, you will be censored, targeted and surveilled for expressions of wrongthink.

Edited by Jwayne

We wrote a book!

The same reason they can't stop anyone in their own countries.  The underlying problem is the citizens not bold and intelligent enough to take proper action.  

Putin is no fool, he managed to climb up the ranks of the KGB and manage a country that is riddled with gangsters.  He had to be the #1 gangster to pull that off.  I don't think he has anyone to challenge him, and from the looks of it, they seem unified in their country.  Anyone that contested against them in any sort of power is probably either dead or in jail.  

2 hours ago, Jwayne said:

That's highly presumptuous of you.

Are you omniscient? Upon what basis can you say what 'most Russian citizens' think?

From what I hear from Russian people, it seems true.

51 minutes ago, Tanz said:

From what I hear from Russian people, it seems true.

Polls show a majority of Russians support the war. That's even reported in Western media.

Edited by Jwayne

We wrote a book!

@Hardkill

7 hours ago, Hardkill said:

What about Russians that genuinely support the war?

13 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Checks and balances are a thing of democracies. You can find county or town or city officials who are publicly against the war and Putin. But the federal government is all united by either profit or fear. Just like the police and the courts. They don't have to be believers in anything. It's just fear and profit. 

9 hours ago, Jwayne said:

That's why polling and surveys are done anonymously. There's no fear of reprisal because there's no way to trace who said what.

I don't think they are. They can literally call you on your phone or something. Plus those polls must be as rigged as russian elections.
Still war-suppoters are not rare, it's true. Because most of Russian people are not young and not educated and live far from big cities. So they don't know better than believing what they see on TV.

@Hardkill

13 hours ago, Hardkill said:

That’s a good question. Why was that?

It 's a good question for you to answer first, why ask me back?

@Hardkill @Jwayne @Tanz @Danioover9000

Guys, I am half russian by blood. I have lived all my life among russians. Most of that time in 80% russian population area. They are my relatives, they are my countrymen, they are my friends. 80% support is correct! Die hard, ambitious, unapologetic. When you go higher up the hierarchy it becomes 95% because they benefit immensly. There are couple good reasons western media does not want to offend the russian citizen so they put all blame on Putin. Funny thing is that Putin might be one of the most democratic leader currently. He simply does the will of the people (kinda badly).And the people want imperialism. After all why we can and they cant?

2 hours ago, Zedman said:

Funny thing is that Putin might be one of the most democratic leader currently. He simply does the will of the people (kinda badly).And the people want imperialism. 

Well said. That's democracy.

14 hours ago, Tanz said:

The same reason they can't stop anyone in their own countries.  The underlying problem is the citizens not bold and intelligent enough to take proper action.  

Except when he tried to raise the retirement age lol. 

Most western people don't understand Russians. They live in a different reality. They have been "brainwashed" since young age and told that their motherland is in great danger. They believe that western countries are planning destruction of Russia and that their number one priority is to defend their country and nationality. It is a truth to some degree because Russia has been demanding no new counties entering NATO and nobody gave a shit about it. So now we have a war...