Zion

What is the point of being in a long-term relationship of any kind?

11 posts in this topic

Not to say there's a universal point to being in any relationship long-term, but to ask what your personal reasoning is for being in any kind of a long-term relationship? Whether that be friendship, a traditional monogamous sexual relationship, polygamous sexual relationship, etc.

If you're in a long-term relationship, why are you?

If you're seeking one, why are you?

What is the point of you seeking it out or being in one? What values does it bring you?

What personally  favorable values does it instill in you whilst seeking it out?

Edited by Zion

To start a family and have children. Having a family returns an unfathomable amount of richness, pain, beauty and joy into your life. Also family is a source of power.

Even if you don't start a family, long relationships provide companionship which means someone to laugh with, explore together, romance, have fun with and to cooperate in sharing labour and knowledge.

We wrote a book!

Ascetus.com/authors/jwayne

Stability and the ability to build a life together that is otherwise very difficult alone is probably the core reason why long term monogamous relationships are most superior. Being able to have someone to share experiences with and having good company all the time is just *chefs kiss*. If you click with that person it's like having a best friend and a lover at the same time, a 2 for 1 deal. Most relationships I see the couples aren't actually friends that have things in common with each other and share interests, they are just romantic partners that are "with" each other but not together.

Going in between short relationships is interesting but also exhausting and chaotic, and most importantly difficult.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Very simple. Because I like my partner and don’t really want to spend time with other girls.

After some time you become invested :P

The relationship is just what follows from that. Also I like deep connections.

Given the answers so far, sounds like a lot of it stems from purposes of convenience & seeking ease/comfort for one's life. And that ease of access tends to be sought out for consistent sex & social stimulation/connection. 

Ease & Convenience. 

Edited by Zion

if a lover comes, she comes, if she goes, she goes. Relationships act as reflections or "mirrors" of consciousness and expression. Just like you have best friends, you can have lovers too. They ride with you until you no longer need the reflection. Surrender and accept what the universe provides.

As above so below, as within so without.

What's the point of anything?

LOVE.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Nothing of this sort.

You go into a long-term relationship to explore what it means to be in a long term relationship.

Be aware, that if you have not been in one then you are talking out of your ass on this topic.

Long-term partner is the best friend and lover in one. There's so much cool stuff in life that two can do, so many adventures to go on. 

@Zion

1. Depth of connection.
  2. Not having to worry about finding sex.
  3. The ability to practice my relationship skills with and being able to play a similar role in the other person's life.
  4. And yes, we're still not worrying about sex.
  5. The ability to be truly authentic and intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually "naked" with someone for extended periods.
  6. Having someone to comfort me during ego backlashes- and of course, being able to return the favor when they need it.
  7. Feminine energy to balance my masculine energy.
  8. I probably should've stopped at the 2nd point...
Edited by HMD

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

Exploration.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

Living with someone you connect with and have good daily experience with rewires ones default perspective to be more emotionally stable and healthy. The opposite is true if you do not connect well. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?