OBEler

Combining 5 meo with other substances

19 posts in this topic

Please this should be not a discussion about doing 5 meo better alone because it's powerful enough and combining with stuff is dangerous. I known. We are all extra careful and this is advanced and not for beginners when doing such things. When you ask me why I am Interested, It's all about curiosity. 

So has somebody tried out doing a 5 meo Session and 30 minutes later taking shrooms? Is it save doing ketamin 30 minutes after 5 meo? How will 5 meo experience have an effect on the follow Trip? Lets say you just did a low dose 5 meo (under 10 mg) and didnt  have a breakthrough and then trip again with another substance 

Edited by OBEler

I have done Bufo Alvarius right after a mushroom ceremony, and the mushrooms didn’t affect the journey.  Another good combination is to do Kambo followed by Bufo Alvarius.  I have also done Bufo with cannabis, which seem to work well together.  The cannabis greatly magnifies the affect of the Bufo so you should start out with a small dose if you haven’t done it before.  I waited until the peak of the cannabis trip had passed and I was coming down to do the Bufo.

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

2 hours ago, OBEler said:

How will 5 meo experience have an effect on the follow Trip?

Shouldn't really matter.

It should be safe.

5-MeO is usually so powerful that I have never had the desire to do a big trip right afterwards.

If you're gonna combine substances, then combine them. Why are you doing a second trip?

My trips are so deep on a single chem that I don't find much need to combine them. But of course you could play around with that and find novel combinations.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Ketamine and 5-MeO-DMT are an astonishing combination. Not for the faint of heart.

@halfknots not for the faint of heart? Why so? 

I plan with a Friend who is a beginner doing small dose 5 meo first (4,5 mg rectal) and 30 Minutes later 20 mg nasal ketamin r

Or is it better to do ketamin first and 2 to 3 hours later 5 meo

Edited by OBEler

Not for the faint of heart because it can be a total reality dissolving mindfuck. But that's with doses considerably higher than what you're describing.

I've outlined my protocol before using nasal ketamine followed by vaped 5-MeO-DMT. That's the only method I can attest to. You'll have to create and refine your own protocol. Whether it's "better" to do ketamine first I can't say, that's just how I do it.

You could weigh out 100mg of ketamine and split that into 20mg doses. Take the 5-MeO-DMT and once that starts taking effect take your first dose of ketamine. You then have the opportunity to re-dose with ketamine as needed. 

Hmm ok I thought more of after 5 meo Trip is over (after 30 minutes) taking ketamin 

Why are you taking ketamin first and then in the middle of ketamine Trip taking 5 meo? Because of ketamines fear reducing effects or because of the reality dissolving mindfuck? 

I take ketamine first because it has a longer duration than vaped 5-MeO-DMT and for the reasons you mentioned. It all depends on what you have to work with, what your intentions are, and how deep you want to go.

I feel like mixing mdma with 5meo could be good but could be bad idk

@Holymoly it is top combination.  some Friends already tested out. This is a save combination. Take 5 meo 1,5 to 3 hours after Mdma. Directly after the peak is over

But because Mdma is neurotoxic alone you should not do this often

Edited by OBEler

9 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Holymoly it is top combination.  some Friends already tested out. This is a save combination. Take 5 meo 1,5 to 3 hours after Mdma. Directly after the peak is over

Was just listening to Andrew huberman on joe Rogan and he said that mdma is most likely actually not Neuro toxic, not sure what the context was I’m sure taking too much is not good 

@Holymoly on Minute 3:23 he talks about neurotoxic effects of Mdma. He goes not very deep

Edited by OBEler

On 24/3/2023 at 0:35 PM, halfknots said:

Ketamine and 5-MeO-DMT are an astonishing combination. Not for the faint of heart.

Ketamine with any psychedelic, mushrooms are my personal favourite to combine with. Highly recommend. 

Does the K mitigate the anxiety of 5meo or not much?

On 3/24/2023 at 7:08 PM, OBEler said:

been debunked.....mdma is not neurotoxic.  also heard it from huberman

@RamPhoenix huberman could be wrong. I dont buy him that he researched deeply enough. He just said some sentences about it. 

MDMA being neurotoxic is mostly a myth. I have researched this issue after hearing about it on Hamilton Morris' podcast. (Great resource, 100% recommended, you can find it either on Spotify [only some episodes] or Patreon, better than Leo's videos :P [in terms of entertainment])

I believe the issue had been mentioned in the episode with David Nichols (the OG psychedelics chemist). Maybe in a few other episodes, too.

@RamPhoenix woah thank you for sharing! 

The best article about neurotoxicy I read so far