blacksapp

Does Sugar Affect Our Mood?

27 posts in this topic

I'm trying to get a good eat habit and saw that I consume a considerable amount of sugar.
What are the effects of sugar in the organism? >.<

Please don't do it. I have been cutting back on my sugar since a few months. I don't add any sugar in my morning coffee. It's hard initially but you get  used to it. Cutting out sugar  makes a lot of difference. Reduces anxiety.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

+sugar consumption raises your insulin level, a hormone produced by pancreas to help with sugar digestion. Which is a good and natural thing. The problem is that too much sugar causes insulin resistance and can result in Diabetes II. Over-consumption of sugar spikes your insulin level which results in following crash and more hunger, energy deficiency, sleepiness and mood swings.  Over long term can contribute to things like blindness

+ sugar is stored in your muscles as glycogen, short term fuel, if unused becomes a fat around your waistline, 

+ it decays your teeth unless you wash them after every sugary meal

+ it promotes a growth of cancer cells,

+ kills your libido

+ it is addictive, worse than heroine, coffee, alcohol and tobacco combined!!

+ contributes to accumulation of LDL cholesterol ( the bad one) in your arteries, resulting in increased pressure, heart disease and potential for heart attack. 

Since it is not possible to avoid it, just make sure you cut as much of the white sugar as you can, dont overdo fruit and stay away from artificial sweeteners. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Processed gran sugar is cocaine without nitrogen. If you eat sugar daily, I feel safe saying you can chalk up 99% of any undesirable emotion to it. 

Imagine a 4 day cycle a cocaine addict goes through. The craving, the high, the low, the withdrawal, the blame, the anger, the craving of resolve to the anger and blame, then the high again. 

What makes sugar addiction unbelievably hard compared to cocaine, is the widespread identification of this cycle with 'illegal' cocaine vs the widespread ignorance of the 'legal' sugar, Breaking  the sugar addiction, on a positive note, with bring you insight to a paradigm of social denial. You'll have an increased compassion (I hope) because you'll be able to see how much suffering people unknowingly bring upon themselves with sugar. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/sugar-has-similar-effect-on-brain-as-cocaine-a6980336.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3412497/Sugar-new-crack-cocaine-Doctor-warns-growing-addiction-sweet-stuff-dangerous-drugs-alcohol.html

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Raw honey or natural sweeteners are much sweeter, tastier and better in every way. I don't know why people even consume sugar.

B R E A T H E

On 3/10/2017 at 11:21 AM, Michael569 said:

+ it is addictive, worse than heroine, coffee, alcohol and tobacco combined!!

"combined"

lol, this is an outrageous claim @Michael569

not saying sugar isn't addictive (and for some, very addictive) 

but stop fear mongering. it's not helpful. 

Edited by Yali

@Michael569

You have a habit of fear mongering.

I would quit that Mr. Nutritionist.

Edited by Yali

@Yali lol yah, I did use to say a lot of whacky shit on this forum :D But then...this was made 5 years ago,  many of my beliefs have changed since then - pretty sure there are at least 1000-1500 comments from me on this place since 2016 that I would cringe upon if I saw them again. 

Have none of your beliefs changed over the past 5-10 years with the addition of new life experience? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 3/10/2017 at 6:21 PM, Michael569 said:

Since it is not possible to avoid it, just make sure you cut as much of the white sugar as you can, dont overdo fruit and stay away from artificial sweeteners. 

I agree with everything said here, except the fruit part. You can eat as many fruits as you want. In fact, it's impossible to overeat fruits. The sugar in fruits is not the same as processed sugar, by any stretch of the imagination. Not to mention the fibers and the vitamins that come with fruits. 

10 hours ago, Yali said:

"combined"

lol, this is an outrageous claim @Michael569

not saying sugar isn't addictive (and for some, very addictive) 

but stop fear mongering. it's not helpful. 

8 hours ago, Yali said:

@Michael569

You have a habit of fear mongering.

I would quit that Mr. Nutritionist.

*Digs up a 5 year old thread* 

"You have a habit of fear mongering"

Seriosuly mate, what a bad faith move. 
@Michael569 is one of the sanest & brightest voices here on this forum. 

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

@undeather

12 minutes ago, undeather said:

is one of the sanest & brightest voices here on this forum. 

Keep your opinions to yourself 

Edited by Yali

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

beliefs

Good. 

Admit that most of your nutrition advice is belief-based, not coming from direct experience. Including your opinion on protein powders ;)

@Michael569

Edited by Yali

3 minutes ago, Yali said:

@undeather

Keep your opinions to yourself 

"You have a habit of fear mongering"

"Keep your opinions to yourself"

Ohh the irony 9_9

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

1 minute ago, undeather said:

Ohh the irony

Your opinion is not my opinion.

My opinion is not your opinion. 

Yup, that's what a opinion is :)  @undeather

Just now, Yali said:

Your opinion is not my opinion.

My opinion is not your opinion. 

Yup, that's what a opinion is :)  @undeather

273213378_3150337911921577_8072886505525355031_n.jpg

- Rainer Maria Rilke

@undeather

I don't need to know much about nutrition to know that much of it is belief-based.

Nutritionists disagree on just about every issue. That's why I trust my direct experience over what any "expert" has to say.

Edited by Yali

1 hour ago, Ryan_047 said:

I agree with everything said here, except the fruit part. You can eat as many fruits as you want.

if you asked me today (not in 2017) I would absolutely agree :D

1 hour ago, Yali said:

I don't need to know much about nutrition to know that much of it is belief-based.

Majority of sciences and many theoretical fields are belief-based. What's your point. Yes, a lot of what I know is based on the beliefs and work of other people because I do not have the skills, the knowledge and the finance to go verify that stuff for myself in lab experiments. 

By that line of logic, how do you know there is moon, Jupiter, Saturn? But we don't need to go and verify everything before we can lead a normal life or be able to help people. 

I am all up for practical experience and I experiment myself with a lot of stuff I teach my clients and many things I have been able to verify through experience with clients but granted, a lot of that is based on beliefs ....but I'm ok with that. 

Does that answer satisfy you? 

I am all up for practical experience

I think this is the best way to go about it @Michael569

I have 135 grams of sugar per day most of which are natural (not added). Is that a problem? I eat real foods (mostly plants) & get a lot fiber. But I enjoy high-sugar foods like orange juice and flavored oatmeal. 

I'm willing to risk my health, I fucking hate bland foods (like oatmeal without brown sugar, etc).

Edited by Yali

@Yali I can't comment on that without tapping into my "beliefs" so I'll just say, stick to what makes you happy and what makes you feel good ;)