Blackhawk

Why doesn't more people think about or notice the absurdity of all this?

16 posts in this topic

For example: this entire forum is full with threads where someone has a some kind of problem. Just look.

Even the chase for enlightenment implies a problem, because if there wouldn't be a problem you wouldn't chase enlightenment 

It seems like every life is one giant problem. For example relationship problems, health problems, financial problems, mental health problems, addiction problems, etc.

Everything is a struggle. You have to work to get money, you have to go to the dentist and suffer, you have to clean your home, you have to wake up early, you have to lose weight, you have to exercise, etc.

AND NOW TO MY MAIN POINT: WHY?

Stop and think about it.

Don't you think it's absurd and weird?

Let's say I do all that shit, and then I die when I'm 80. What was the point of it all? What is the reward? What was it all for?

No one would work without getting paid, but for some reason people accept to live their lives (which is a struggle, like work) without getting paid in the end.

I feel like a russian soldier who is fighting in Ukraine and have no clue why he is there and what he is fighting for. It's all just unnecessary.

And I don't accept any convenient man-made beliefs like for example: "Life is like a school, what you learn in this life you will carry on to the next life", or: "You are God".  So you don't need to say such things. I'm not gonna believe any of those concepts without first seeing solid evidence which proves such ideas.

Edited by Blackhawk

Perspective is everything. To one person all the "problems" you stated are just challenges that are par for the course. Nowhere does it say these things are objective problems, it all depends on how you want to look at them. There's beauty in everything. As for the point of all this, there need not be any point, you can create your own reason for living.

This is because ultimately reality/truth is prior to any meaning or "point".  Existence doesn't have to have some sort of point, the fact that it exists is the point in of itself.

Yes, everything is a struggle in life and that's because all forms are limited and so must compete and survive amongst all the other limited forms that also want to survive. Life is no longer a struggle when you decide you no longer care to survive. It's all about wanting to remain comfortable.

4 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Let's say I do all that shit, and then I die when I'm 80. What was the point of it all? What is the reward? What was it all for?

You're looking at this selfishly. This is not about you. Imagine Jesus had said, "Why should I die on the cross? What do I get out of it?" We wouldn't be talking about him now. Imagine the Buddha had said, "Why should I leave behind all these comforts to pursue enlightenment?" We wouldn't be talking about him now. So it's about sacrifice and service. You don't know what kind of impact the smallest action can have on other people.

You have to work to get money, you have to go to the dentist and suffer, you have to clean your home

As you're walking down the hallway at the office, the greatest splendor of divinity shines forth. You're at the dentist, and the sacredness of all of life becomes evident. You're cleaning your home, and the infinite beauty of all that is reveals itself. The glory of God is everywhere. The magnificence of God permeates the mundane.

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

If you see it as a problem you'll potentially try to change it... and that sometimes is essential or very useful.

6 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Everything is a struggle. You have to work to get money, you have to go to the dentist and suffer, you have to clean your home, you have to wake up early, you have to lose weight, you have to exercise, etc.

AND NOW TO MY MAIN POINT: WHY?

Stop and think about it.

Don't you think it's absurd and weird?

It's all just a distraction from the biggest problem of all:

Eternity.

4 hours ago, The Mystical Man said:

You're looking at this selfishly. This is not about you. Imagine Jesus had said, "Why should I die on the cross? What do I get out of it?" We wouldn't be talking about him now. Imagine the Buddha had said, "Why should I leave behind all these comforts to pursue enlightenment?" We wouldn't be talking about him now. So it's about sacrifice and service. You don't know what kind of impact the smallest action can have on other people.

That only pushes away the problem 1 level. Because what is the point for those people then?

What you said just confirms the big problem. You are simply saying that we should try to make people more happy. But that doesn't answer the question. It's just more problems, more of the same. "Try to make others happy", okay.. but wouldn't it be better if there wouldn't be any need to even make others happy? Why is there a need to try to make others happy? Why does any of this exist?

I don't think anyone of you understands the absurdity.. You are mindlessly trying to be happy, or trying to make others happy (which is just a attempt to make yourself happy). That just confirms the problem and weirdness. It doesn't answer the root question.

Edited by Blackhawk

15 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

What you said just confirms the big problem

Manson talks about that in his book:

He says that there will always be problems in life. The only thing that we can do is to create better problems. Eternity didn't enter time and space to avoid problems. The eternal is already problem-free, forever -- so, you might as well endure a few hardships.

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

On 2/27/2023 at 11:01 PM, Blackhawk said:

I'm not gonna believe any of those concepts without first seeing solid evidence which proves such ideas.

And you believe your other concepts without solid evidence?

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

And you believe your other concepts without solid evidence?

What concepts do I believe in?

On 2/27/2023 at 10:01 PM, Blackhawk said:

If you existed forever as a limited human identity, would that then make a point? If you couldn't die? What does the ideal scenario look like?

BTW, have you ever looked into Franz Kafka's work? I think you would really resonate with his philosophy:

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

This is where Life Purpose comes in. Give your life meaning.

Decide, for yourself, that everything you do in your life serves one purpose, and accomplishing that purpose will be your reward.

Literally life purpose is the answer to the question "Why are you alive? What is the point? What are you doing here, now? What is the reward for my life?"

It's made up, of course. You make it up, you decide. And the worst part is, you have to get deep into it before really being able to feel like you've found it. And it takes years. But it's worth. Ask Leo.

11 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

What concepts do I believe in?

That’s the point of all these spiritual practices, psychedelics, contemplation, etc. 

You ultimately have to derive the answers for yourself. If I give you an answer, I can almost certainly guarantee you you’ll turn it into a belief. 

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

On 2023-03-05 at 8:52 AM, Osaid said:

If you existed forever as a limited human identity, would that then make a point? If you couldn't die? What does the ideal scenario look like?

BTW, have you ever looked into Franz Kafka's work? I think you would really resonate with his philosophy:

I don't know.

No I haven't looked into his work.

On 2023-03-05 at 0:12 PM, Emrie said:

This is where Life Purpose comes in. Give your life meaning.

Decide, for yourself, that everything you do in your life serves one purpose, and accomplishing that purpose will be your reward.

Literally life purpose is the answer to the question "Why are you alive? What is the point? What are you doing here, now? What is the reward for my life?"

It's made up, of course. You make it up, you decide. And the worst part is, you have to get deep into it before really being able to feel like you've found it. And it takes years. But it's worth. Ask Leo.

It's worse than that.. Even if you have a life purpose and everything: in the end it's probably all gone anyway, like it never existed.

On 2023-03-05 at 4:26 PM, Yimpa said:

That’s the point of all these spiritual practices, psychedelics, contemplation, etc. 

You ultimately have to derive the answers for yourself. If I give you an answer, I can almost certainly guarantee you you’ll turn it into a belief. 

You can't trust experience. I don't even trust my own current experience.

9 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

You can't trust experience. I don't even trust my own current experience.

It’s possible that you don’t trust experience because you hold tightly held assumptions about how reality should be. 

Because they don't have to to do so in order to survive. Sometimes, living with an uncomfortable "truth", is actually much more comfortable than facing the unknown. I mean it works for most people. You only notice how flawed this entire thing is once it stops working for you (usually that is what happens).

But notice how you can turn THIS into that "uncomfortable truth" that you use to avoid actually not knowing.

You start to attach meaning to the meaninglessness of it all and turn it into some kind of coping mechanism to avoid the things you don't like.

If you went all out with the meaninglessness you'd actually realize that the actual problem doesn't lie within the meaninglessness of it all (because it's literally meaningless), but within the microscopic and subtle meanings you still attach to this meaninglessness.

What you need is not theory or concepts. You need to experience a contrast to this state of nihilism. You need to shine light on all the meaning that is forming the foundation of this way of thinking and melt it away. That is what helped me at least.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop