Guest username

How Happy Are You Compared To Other People In Your Life Since Following Actualized.org?

18 posts in this topic

I don't think comparing yourself to others is always good, but I think it can be useful for getting a better sense of what is possible and gives you a frame work for reference.

Do you think you're currently more satisfied with life than people with millions of dollars, attractive partners, and lots of conventional success?

Be honest. I want to see what people really think.

I don't know if I am more happy/satisfied than others because I don't know how they truly feel. ......just trying to act smart here. AHAHAH!!

I don't know....I think I am ?

I am very happy

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

It's a difficult question to answer and, I think, a distraction. 

I don't know any millionaires personally to ask them if they're happy, but I do know it doesn't guarantee happiness. See the antics of many millionaires for evidence! 

I think the best barometer is yourself. Are you happier than you were before?

Some days I am genuinely happy on levels I wasn't before, some days I feel like shit! But compared to where I've been it's heaven. I know that if I keep on this path I'll be in a good place, always.

Founder of The Great Updraft: Articles, Courses + More

www.thegreatupraft.com

I think you meant:

How happy are you compared to your old self since following actualized.org ?

Not only there is no way to quantify happiness (unless you have some scientifics friends), but you'll never know if someone is truly happy or if he's faking it (some people are master at this).

Even if you could know it still doesn't matter, because it is only through your happiness/authenticity/synchronicity with life that you can impact others anyway.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 hours ago, username said:

I don't think comparing yourself to others is always good, but I think it can be useful for getting a better sense of what is possible and gives you a frame work for reference.

Do you think you're currently more satisfied with life than people with millions of dollars, attractive partners, and lots of conventional success?

Be honest. I want to see what people really think.

I am happiest playing my guitar and singing, by my self. This was true before I had anything of monetary value and it is still true today. All the experience inbetween, gigs, money, woman, travel, has been amazing but fleeting. What you develope within you, talent, compassion, focus, love, patience, these are not fleeting and are lasting happiness. Comparing yourself to others is a sure way to never find lasting happiness. You can not compare what is within.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm nice to hear that. Guitar and singing. Makes you feel kinda cool, doesn't it. 

@Loreena No, but I think I know exactly what you're saying. I tried keeping bands together when I was younger, and the 'cool' factor always seemed to cause disharmony between my band mates. Back then I spent a lot of time just waiting for their drama to subside. I've always been in it for the losing of my self. I'm at my best now. I can be gone for 3-4 hours at a time. It pairs well with meditation. It's similar for me. My first and only love in a way. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@NahmNaaaaaaaah

Ten percent happier 

Somewhere in my PD work I learned about the study of the face...apparently, smiling more (or even just having your resting facial expression with mouth corners up) actually increases your capacity for optimism...then, hilariously enough, you end up smiling even more because you become more optimistic...it's suddenly so much easier to be jovial, laugh all the time, etc.... I don't want to compare... but when my daughter and
I are in the car, we often see a lot of sad or grumpy people out the window...it seems silly...my daughter often wants to cheer them ALL up...lol...but the best, is when they are beaming right back at us!

I've never understood the apparent need for happiness I see in various people. I find happiness every day. 

I found leo's videos because I was dealing with a long period of common and extreme anxiety, and was watching a lot of you tube self-help, mostly ted talks really, and stumbled upon leos work. really it was only a hyper-packaged sort of stuff I'd always been doing in my life, seeking awareness of my "flaws" so to speak in order to improve and become more wholesome in mental capabilities. So his videos hugely assisted me in bringing into the light ideas that were already brewing in my thoughts, finding clarity or consistency and enabling me to take action upon things I was unable to quite make a decision on. or even notice yet that I was thinking of it. 

I find that I am more stable in my moods than before and less "petty" so to speak than before, and also than people around me too. but moreover I've learned to project onto others less, and have noticed people who are on a higher level of consiousness that before I dismissed as arrogant or fools. I did not understand a lot of the language that is wisdom, and so I imagined wisdom was often... well I think the stereotype is, useless, false highs. fool's gold. 

so really if anything I have become more aware of how people shine, rather than how they are left behind. after all, success is possible from any level of consiousness, and happiness, satisfaction... it is just one paradigm that I prefer.  If I am to believe that the others' paradigms are somehow "less happy" ones... I have not really embraced this paradigm correctly :P so to speak.

it's funny for me now to say words like "should" and "correct" and etc. becasue they still are in my language but when I say them they carry a very different meaning than before. so often I need to edit my language for the sake of others - and often I say it feeling like I'm not delivering the right message because what is heard is moralization but what is meant is just. idk - what is wanted, what we are trying to embrace. 

19 hours ago, username said:

How Happy Are You Compared To Other People In Your Life Since Following Actualized.org?

Since following Actualized.org, my athletic prowess, confidence and sexuality have all skyrocketed.

3CBC196500000578-0-image-a-20_1485969056

@jse

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

To start following Actualized.org was a pivotal shift in my life; not that I wasn't doing pd before, but, I think it's

because:

It encourages and empowers my consciousness to grasp the very core essence of life and being alive; so I can stay connected to that essence constantly. So I can stay awake and appreciated which is the basis of my happiness (I believe)

And in emotional level, it makes me feel safe in the world; I don't know exactly why I feel that way, but probably because it gives us eligible/useable tools to deal with everything.. and may be also seeing Leo very committed working on the subject by devotion and caring which supports the society in a constant basis, creates that safety feeling. I assume...

And if we would like to do a comparison between millions of dollars and conventional success and so on; it comes back to your ability to value "being"

(all the videos are great but) That's why my favorite video so far is:

"As good as your life will ever get" one.

Edited by Sevi

I am much happier and content after following actualized.org. I don't get paranoid about little things any more and I've learned to relax and to trust that everything will be okay as long as I try my best with social situations and everything else.

On 9.3.2017 at 1:38 AM, Nahm said:

I am happiest playing my guitar and singing, by my self.

This sure hits home mate. No one playing music, just music playing. Such a magical moment.