StormLight

Leo's worst outburst yet

221 posts in this topic

On Jan 30th, Leo Gura had his most explosive outburst towards a user yet:

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 23-42-42 Awakened now what.pngScreenshot 2023-02-23 at 00-45-10 Awakened now what.png

Here are some facts about the issue:

• This was indeed directed to the user of the created thread
  • Leo Gura had made a prior comment before this outburst that received no reply, where he was speaking in his regular tone. No exchange was made in between these comments, nor was any comment deleted, proving that the outburst came out suddenly, unexpectedly, and completely out of the blue.
  • The user was not being overblown, boastful, grandiose, or overstating with his/her claims about their awakening state to elicit this type of behavior, not that being like that would remotely justify this malicious behavior in the least.

You can read the full outburst here and see the context for yourself: https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/89530-awakened-now-what/?page=2

Leo Gura violated his own forum guidelines as shown below directly taken fromhttps://www.actualized.org/forum/guidelines/

#1 Rule: Don't Be A Jerk

Speak to people with respect. Be conscious and kind.

What’s NOT Allowed:

Verbal abuse

Calling members names like: stupid, idiot, moron, asshole, retard, evil, etc.

Trash-talking, trolling, chronic criticism, blaming, or finger-pointing

I checked in on the user myself to make sure he/she wasn't hurt, as the leader of the forum had just bullied this person, and had no idea the mental state and stability of the user, considering anyone here could be going through a very hard time and be easily pushed to the edge, but ignores this potential to pridefully "school" the user instead. Not to mention the very fact that venturing into this domain of spirituality can leave individuals frail, fragile, and on edge, as they could potentially be going through difficult things, like having they're notions of life or death put into question, leaving them more vulnerable than before. And the fact that users of the forum have committed suicide, the leadership of the forum was instead used to bully and point the finger.

Also Leo takes assumption in the original message that the user was offended.

"The reason you're offended and swarming around like fish because…"

Where I verified with the user that he not offended, but more importantly, not hurt.

Leo does this often with his users, as he assumes he knows the exact blueprint of completely unique and distinct individual, that display as faceless strangers on an internet forum.

To make the matter more hypocritical, Leo Gura had just made posts within two weeks prior that he was looking to "crackdown" on toxicity, drama, and wants to increase the maturity of the forum.

Featuring quotes such as:

"I've been seeing a lot of needless drama, in-fighting, and toxic communication on this forum of late. This makes the whole ecosystem unpleasant for the majority of members who are decent, respectful, and follow the rules." https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/89049-notice-cleaning-up-forum-drama-toxicity/

"Thanks again to those who have been on good behavior from the beginning and never needed such warnings and reminders. I will also be making an effort to improve my communication with you to rise to the level of maturity, wisdom, and respect that you deserve." https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/89380-strict-crackdown-on-duplicate-accounts-immaturity/

"This forum will no longer be a safe haven for immature or emotionally unhinged people. Anyone not mature enough to communicate or socialize in a mentally-stable and integrous manner will simply not get to participate around me. If you cannot control your emotions, you're out. If you behave in an egotistical and dogmatic manner, you're out. If you attack other members of this community, you're out." https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/89380-strict-crackdown-on-duplicate-accounts-immaturity/

"Every time before you post, as you write your post, I want you to stop and ask yourself, "How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways?", and "Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness?" https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/89066-reminder-of-why-youre-here/

On page 3 of the thread of the outburst, Leo Gura also continues with his maliciousness but directs it to another user:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/89530-awakened-now-what/?page=3

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 00-38-00 Awakened now what.png

That's Leo being Leo. I won't get to excited by this. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  

I know one thing - I wouldn't like to be in the receiving side of that...

Greg

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

These outbursts are necessary for him to maintain his unwarranted authority. It's highly entertaining, though. If he wrote a whole book in that style, I'd read it.

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

@StormLight  You made some valid points, stressing what he commited to. On the other hand if you strip the insult it's roughly what I think, notice I'd never claim to be enlightened.

51 minutes ago, Eternal Unity said:

That's Leo being Leo. I won't get to excited by this. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  

I know one thing - I wouldn't like to be in the receiving side of that...

Greg

This line of thoughts remember me of... Harvey Weinstein. He did nasty things in front of a women, she complained to others at the party and they are like "That's just Harvey..." -- obviously we talking about less worse stuff here, but I found your choice of wording interesting.

21 minutes ago, The Mystical Man said:

These outbursts are necessary to maintain his unwarranted authority. It's highly entertaining, though.

Why unwarranted? He literally owns the forum, everyone here watches his videos. Unwarranted? Please. But yes, it's entertaining.

Edit.

@StormLightI mean roughly what I think in terms of: We all here need to LEARN and put in more WORK. The Enlightenment stuff is above me. I meditate and work towards freeing myself from wage slavery, you can't do everything. He might be right, he might be wrong. Time will tell.

Edited by supremeyingyang

56 minutes ago, StormLight said:

This was indeed directed to the user of the created thread

It was towards the forum and people on the thread in general, not just the OP. 

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Osaid it was directed to the user and the forum, how does that make it any better, it literally makes it worse

3 minutes ago, supremeyingyang said:

Why unwarranted?

Because he is not the ultimate authority on consciousness.

4 minutes ago, supremeyingyang said:

everyone here watches his videos

I don't.

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

Just now, The Mystical Man said:

Because he is not the ultimate authority on consciousness.

Of course.

Just now, The Mystical Man said:

I don't.

Then why are you here? What is in for you? I'm asking out of sheer interest.

Just now, supremeyingyang said:

Then why are you here? What is in for you? I'm asking out of sheer interest.

As far as I know, there's no place like this.

@The Mystical Man

ok but why then so ungrateful, I mean imagine you live in 15th century europe with only one pub in the village, wouldn't you make the best of it instead of insulting the owner?

Plus that's like going to a Christian Church, but telling everyone you don't read the bible. I don't get it. The people are here like this because they watch the lessons..

Edited by supremeyingyang

1 hour ago, StormLight said:

Leo Gura violated his own forum guidelines as shown below directly taken

He did do that.

And you missed the worst one

”I could beat you idiots with a crowbar. You are like a pack of degranded dogs lapping up bullshit while eyeing me.”

1 minute ago, StormLight said:

it was directed to the user and the forum, how does that make it any better, it literally makes it worse

I didn't say it made it better or worse. You made an objective point out of it so I thought it would make sense to add a correction. 

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

you really felt the need to spend so much time writing this annotated research essay?

This is a forum on the internet, no one here is a professional. Leave if you don't like it.

Edited by Ulax
Inflammatory remarks

14 minutes ago, supremeyingyang said:

wouldn't you make the best of it instead of insulting the owner?

I try not to insult the owner.

14 minutes ago, supremeyingyang said:

The people are here like this because they watch the lessons..

Yeah, their minds are ensnared by those "lessons".

Edited by The Mystical Man

@ZenAlex I wasn't winning, I was calling out blatant verbal toxicity. 

7 minutes ago, ZenAlex said:

Rofl you really felt the need to spend so much time writing this annotated research essay?

You wanna play that card buddy? Let's see, who spends more time on here, you or me?...

I wrote it like that to keep my emotions out of it, but I guess you think that's some sort of good insult. 

Edited by StormLight

1 minute ago, StormLight said:

@ZenAlex I wasn't winning, I was calling out blatant verbal toxicity. 

You wanna play that card buddy? Let's see, who spends more time on here, you or me?...

Yeah I visit from time to time. I don't spend that long writing annotated research essays calling out forum owners for being toxic.

Leo is not a doctor or a psychologist. He has no duty of care towards any of you. 

Just like with Teal Swan or any guru, take the teachings, and then don't get too attached to the teacher.

I respect Leo and his work, but I don't idolize him.