Thought Art

4-HO-5Meo-DMT Martin Ball

167 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Girzo said:

Why does this forum allow such blatant astroturfing?

People like to be promised good, it makes them very gullible.

1 hour ago, Enlightement said:

What do you mean? Who? 

It is a scam. Gizro sited a study on the content of these mushrooms. They failed the test, no psilomethoxin was detected in them 

1 hour ago, Enlightement said:

You cannot simply correlate it with a placebo effect. 

It might though  very well and all of how science works is contradicted. Reliable comutersimulations how enzymes work are contradicted and this makes it literally impossible. If this was possible ot would render decades of knowledge and well tested models used to design drugs false and it's clear that the probability is very low. Also they  said it was "on faith" and that makes it sound rather flimsey.  To speak from personal experiences I can tell that I had similiar effects as described by a strain of mckenai abd I think there are a lot of thibgs at play like it depends what experiences with psychedelics you've had earlier and also how easy you can let go( I've had times when I tripped on 0,75 shrooms more than now on 3-4). Also brain chemestry plays as role and placebo effect, especially on those low doses can play a huge role. For example when I expect to trip, before I consume the substance I get a peak of higher consciuosness which can be like a low dose shrooms or lsd and that explaines it perfectly.

Edit: additionally it would contradict how purity and identification of substances is done in general and on the reliability of these methodes depend most of modern society. 

I'd critisize that they made their own standard and not bought it from a huge supplier but they seem to have the methodes and if you have them and a chemist and tested it the methode seems pretty reliable. One has also to take into account that these people in the lab have probably done thousands of anayses and can predict if any change could happen when the substance is dissolved. Also there would be indicators in the results. I can speak from experience and knowledge as qualified lab technician and now biological process ingeneer to be. 

Edited by Starlight321

@Benton Really? I should take the church word for it who charges 350 dollars for the ounce and dismiss an unbiased test that denies the claims of the church? The test is easy, any lab can do it. Don't be so gullible, treat anyone who wants to take your moeny with a lot of suspicion. 

The whole idea is sketchy from beginning. There are a lot of psychedelics out there that can be easily made in large quantities. No need for these silly things.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

3 minutes ago, Benton said:

And don’t they need a reference sample of psylomethoxin for these tests? Which is why the church itself has had such a hard time proving it has psylomethoxin?

The chemical structure is known, I think this is all you need to do some tests. 

But again, I wouldn't take the chirch word for it. They sound very sketchy with that high price tag.

If they want to prove themselves honests. They can send samples to multiple labs and show us the results. 

I think they sent a sample to Hamilton Morris and he denied the existence of such substance in their shrooms. 

I still give them the virtue of doubt but I think they are scammers or at least idiots by a large margin.

Don't spend your money on them until they show you some tests from verified labs. Invest that money in other psychedelics. You will buy a year worth of psychedelics or even more with that money.

@LSD-Rumi Stop acting like an obnoxious asshole. If you don't like these mushrooms, don't purchase them. No one is forcing you.

If people here like the mushrooms, that is their right.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@LSD-Rumi Stop acting like an obnoxious asshole. If you don't like these mushrooms, don't purchase them. No one is forcing you.

If people here like the mushrooms, that is their right.

I am an asshole for trying to be skeptical about the whole thing and providing some sound arguments for how the Church might be a scam? o.O

Edited by LSD-Rumi

4 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I am an asshole for trying to be skeptical about the whole thing

You're not an asshole for questioning, you're an asshole for your choice of tone and attitude.

You give skepticism a bad name.

You can be skeptical without shitting on others' experiences and perspectives.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

You're not an asshole for questioning, you're an asshole for your choice of tone.

Hahah, I learned that from someone here xD

14 hours ago, Benton said:

This is something that if anyone is curious can test out. Take half the dose the next day instead of doubling it. With the psilomethoxin. For me the tolerance is the same even a few hours after dosing.

At this point after all the stuff the church's representatives have said, I would be sceptical about content of the product. It's all pill, gummies, chocolates. How do you know it's pure mushrooms and not adulterated with some iMAO for example?

Also, as for the chemists testing this. As I have said, Hamilton Morris is being nice and balanced, as a public figure. It would be surprising if there was this substance after the results of his tests. That's one. Secondly, Morris and Usona are not the only chemists that have analyzed the contents of the mushroom. There's a tryptamine chemist with an access to a fully-equiped lab, who ran the tests and also found nothing. He wasn't as polite in voicing his opinion as Morris. I would be very surprised if he had been wrong, because this guy's a real passionate and professional.

18 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

The chemical structure is known, I think this is all you need to do some tests. 

But again, I wouldn't take the chirch word for it. They sound very sketchy with that high price tag.

If they want to prove themselves honests. They can send samples to multiple labs and show us the results. 

I think they sent a sample to Hamilton Morris and he denied the existence of such substance in their shrooms. 

I still give them the virtue of doubt but I think they are scammers or at least idiots by a large margin.

Don't spend your money on them until they show you some tests from verified labs. Invest that money in other psychedelics. You will buy a year worth of psychedelics or even more with that money.

This doesn't sound asshole, sounds very reasonable

14 hours ago, Enlightement said:

Seems like these mushrooms contain stuff that is probably not showing up in tests. 

What you are saying seems improbable. Like very, very improbable.

Unless they are irresponsible and putting whatever in different batches of their product.

Are you the old user Enlightenment, or someone new to these forums?

1 minute ago, Girzo said:

What you are saying seems improbable. Like very, very improbable.

Unless they are irresponsible and putting whatever in different batches of their product.

This could be a chance occurrence. 

1 minute ago, Girzo said:

Are you the old user Enlightenment, or someone new to these forums?

I'm not that. I'm new here. 

@Enlightement As I say, very very improbable.

It might be hard identify an unknown substance in mushrooms. To say it's exactly this. BUT IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO SYA THERE IS SOMETHING UNKNOWN, but we don't know what. And in those mushrooms that had been analyzed there was nothing unknown. So a chance of finding a compound like 4-HO-5-MeO-DMT in them is very, very, very small.

Apart from that, this compound might not be even worthwhile to purse. We don't know anything certain about it, other than that it probably can be synthetically synthesized. (We can't be sure even of that, as it has been done back in 1965, and chemistry papers from that much back in time are unreliable.)

Don't be mad at me, but your account stenches like PR efforts from the church. Intelligent, tactical effort, but still empty PR effort.

Call me paranoid, be we are dealing with overtly smug people who have called their organization "a church". They think they are smarter than lawmakers, they probably believe they are smarter than some drug-loving hippies and are not afraid to use sociotechnique on them. 

@Girzo you're being straight up ridiculous and paranoid at this point and brattish  to everyone on this thread and the mods should probably throw you out at this point for creating way too much unnecessary drama without any evidence. 

I'm not some representative for this organization and the mods can have a good look at me if they want. I didn't even know this church existed until I came across this thread. 

How can I be a marketing rep if I haven't even tried these myself? You might even engineer some conspiracy theory at this point, you seem to be good at it anyway. 

I don't know what it contains so I'm simply speculating. It's because of your post that I had to go through this entire thread to see what the big deal was about and the only person fussing here is you. Check your attitude. It's hyper skeptical and unnecessarily paranoid. It wasted my full hour although I learned some more than what I had already known. 

Why would you worry what's in it? I personally don't care. 

There is no evidence of astro turfing here. You must be tripping. 

Regards to your burning question, it hasn't been mentioned that it contains 5, doesn't matter it does or doesn't, people are only willing to pay for an experience. 

I would love to have it myself. It seems it gives you the experience without the unpleasant-ness of other chocolates. 

Seems you're pitying it because you can't afford it, buyer's remorse situation sort of. Well others can afford it and they will enjoy it. It's not a scam just because it's costly. It's luxury shrooms at this point. 

And why not if someone likes it. So far everyone who has tried it on this thread are only saying positive things except you who hasn't actually tried it. 

If they give a better experience than normal shrooms then why not dude. Try to go by experience rather than what's being published on a piece of paper. 

It's definitely not normal shrooms if everyone said already that they feel different on it. How many more do you want? 

And no, we are not all same people. We are all different people here. 

The church seems to be doing a cool job. At least people can get this candy on a legal basis, what's bothering you, just the cost? 

If anything is presented to you, you try to refute it. When people say something, you call it placebo. 

How would you know it's placebo? 

You're trying to have an authority over people's experiences. Don't take it if you don't like it. 

I never had it but doesn't seem uncool to try it. As long as it serves the purpose. 

I go by Martin's word. He knows his shit better than you or anyone.