Jannes

I feel like I am cheating when I microdose

10 posts in this topic

I have so much social anxiety and when I microdose almost all of it goes away. I act funny, likeable, creative it’s a total 180. But I feel like I am cheating. I feel like I don’t deserve the positive reactions to my behaviour and I am also scared that others find out that I microdose and that they think I am just a looser who uses dirty tricks because he can’t play fair. 

6 minutes ago, Jannes said:

I have so much social anxiety and when I microdose almost all of it goes away. I act funny, likeable, creative it’s a total 180. But I feel like I am cheating. I feel like I don’t deserve the positive reactions to my behaviour and I am also scared that others find out that I microdose and that they think I am just a looser who uses dirty tricks because he can’t play fair. 

It's not a competition so I think the point of fairness is irrelevant in this situation.

It's actually better for the people around you if you think about it.

19 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Jannes please, what are you microdosing. 5 meo? Lsd? 

Psylocibin truffles and lsd.

@vladorion Its an ego game. But that doesn’t solve the situation. I have an ego and other people who judge me have an ego.

7 minutes ago, vladorion said:

It's not a competition so I think the point of fairness is irrelevant in this situation.

It's actually better for the people around you if you think about it.

That’s a good point thank you. 

People drink coffee so that they can better focus and have increased energy. At bars many consume alcohol in order to be relaxed and so approach girls free of panic. People consume sugar when anxious or bored.

You're doing the same with less common substances.

If you feel impostor's syndrome, try to learn doing what you do while microdosing without the drugs. On a microdose, contemplate questions such as: What changes in my experience? What allows me to be this way? What way would I have to be in order to experience this while "sober"? 

It'd be cheating if you were dependent on it when socializing, in this case. Otherwise it can be a useful tool.

Hope that helped.

Edited by UnbornTao

IME I've had an interesting time with microdosing psychs, as well as abusing the nootropic phenibut for its social enhancements.

I've come to terms with the truth that we aren't actually even the same ego when we are dosed.

With that, you to cross each river for itself.

Just know that your perception differs, and neither state of consciousness--sober or otherwise-- is objectively better. A lot of integration is realizing that being high is no more valuable than being sober. It's something that novel perception struggles with-- coveting better experiences over those not-so-good.

There is a solitary, peaceful talkatively to being sober, and realizing that state of consciousness is its own improvement path should you see who you are on a socially mild psychedelic dosage.

we are literally God's name, continuously pronouncing.

Try and notice how you are acting when microdosing and emulate it sober. In truth, you want to be consistent, and you can’t always be microdosed. Learn to be that way authentically. There’s no real you anyway so you can change into mushroom you anyway

When i'm not microdosing I'm way more calmer in social situations than before.

Been microdosing since 2018 and sometimes taking a break for 3 to 6 months.

Good thing about microdosing is that one day you will not need anything and your social anxiety is gone. Takes time to re-weire that brain with musrooms.

Only drink water from now on for years to come. Water is key to build those new neurotransmitters.

Edited by D2sage