Eternal Unity

Your very first spiritual insight

9 posts in this topic

If you remember, what was it?

Mine: I am a positive force in the universe.

It happened when I was 16, on the bus on the way to school. I looked out the window, the bus sliding through the green light, and it just came to me. I am a positive force in the universe.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

The first time i played drums at 12 years of age,

I was so excited to play since many days before. The moment the drumsticks touched the drums i felt a big explosion of extention everywhere followed by state of trance. Obviously i did not know what it was. 

Only many years after i could make some sense from that experience  <3

When I first took shrooms when I was 18, before that I was the standard materialist atheist who believed I was the result of evolution and that I was the one sperm that was chosen by the egg.

As I was looking out at the clear night sky with my best friend who was also on shrooms, I caught a glimpse of infinity, I realized it had always been right there, closer than right under my nose, I just didn't have the eyes to see it, my mind had been too analytical and zoomed in on the details, everything appeared separate.

I started thinking about how I really came into being, I started thinking about how unlikely I was THE sperm that was chosen, and how unlikely my parents were both THE sperm that were chosen, and that they met despite being born in separate countries, and the same for their parents, and their parents for millions or over a billion years, I realized that if my paradigm was the right one, I won a 1 in infinity jackpot, and I realized the chances of my paradigm being correct is 1 in infinity, so there was a radical deconstruction of my entire worldview, I was now neck-deep in the unknown.

My very first spiritual insight is when my mother told me the traditional gospel about God being our creator and judge, and that we're accountable for our lives and Jesus was our Saviour to save us from our sins. After the small talk conversation about the topic...I immediately looked at my hands (age 4 or 5) was an amazement that I had exist and I begin to get scared (my ego) of knowing this truth and then I said to myself "I'm alone" as in my awareness.

First time on LSD at 18 years old: chasing and grasping onto experiences leads to suffering.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

As a kid I used to wonder about who I am. In my experience I'd be naturally fascinated by this. "I am me, what's that about? What is I?"

So coming to grips with the fact that I don't actually know (am conscious of) who and what I am was/is a huge revelation. It's very eye-opening. As an adult, that wonder now seems to be a little bit harder to experience since it's covered up by a bunch of shit, but the not-knowing is still the case.

My very first spiritual memory I have had was a dream I had when I was a child. I looked up at the sky and there were tiny people playing baseball on the moon and that scared me that tiny people could exist. I was 360 degree turning around the moon watching them and this scared me too for some unknown reason. I remember this dream as I think it was a way of my mind forming the idea that I was separate from reality and that things have a behind to them. They were not tiny people they were small people because the moon is far away and has a back to it. Things aren't growing and shrinking and changing shape they are going away and coming toward me.My brain was telling me these things through dreams and it was a nightmare to me because it was existentially challenging my reality. My first spiritual insight was probably that the universe is a cell within a cell within a cell I just didn't truly understand the significance of that until later.

First proper spiritual insight happened when I was 17-18 during reading: The Power of Now by Tolle and I stopped and I was like " HOLY...SHIT...There really is no other time than NOW".

It was beautiful. Light at the end of the tunnel shown in the midst of dark mental place. :ph34r::x

Edited by Arthogaan

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

I think I was about six, but I was trying to cry because I really wanted to talk to God. I stared at the grapes growing along the fence in the backyard and the lawn.

I was raised an unofficial atheist because my parents wanted me to be open-minded and choose religion on my own. Still, I wanted to reach out to God in an actual way, and at that point, I remember trying to make some compromise with God.

I was still an atheist kid at 6-14 years of age. I watched atheist Youtube fervently. Eventually I opened up the Satanic Bible because of a youtuber's recommendation. I loved its rebellious energy and pseudo-atheist dialectic. Once I started smoking weed, I was reintroduced to Buddhism, and then all the religions came back soon enough in their own times.

we are literally God's name, continuously pronouncing.