Sucuk Ekmek

Are you happy with being a mortal?

12 posts in this topic

I am writing a fictional novel. So I have this question in my mind, do you mind if I take your mortality away and give something else you want? I can provide anything, Just say the price.

I would give up mortality for a heavenly existence that only got better and better each day to infinity 

12 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I would give up mortality for a heavenly existence that only got better and better each day to infinity 

I liked it. You are a promising hero model. I just need a name for  such a pasture.

It will be crystal palace. 

@Sucuk Ekmek I'd take immortality. But one which i could opt out of if i wanted to.

So, i'd like a receipt for my immortality.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

12 hours ago, Ulax said:

@Sucuk Ekmek I'd take immortality. But one which i could opt out of if i wanted to.

So, i'd like a receipt for my immortality.

Well... I wasn't expecting that.Seems like you are an open ended character. My universe is a closed system. I can only give you a fake receipt so you can trick yourself about opting in or out. It looks like we can't have a deal.

I let gods decide your fate. You are not belong to my universe. 

Seeing everyone dear to me die, and then lots of other generations and so on? Plus imagine the boredom. I'm already 24 and had more than a fair share of different categories of activities. You can keep the immortality and give me laser beams. Mr Potato Head sounds about right for my character's name haha

You compare something infinite to something finite. Even if life is on average just slightly more happy then painful, the fact that life would be infinite would mean that you get infinite pleasure out of it in the long run which nothing finite can compare against. Well if the quality of life stays the same which it probably doesn’t but I can’t know that. 
Also I don’t know what death is, maybe it’s not that bad. 

Trading away my mortality would be like selling my soul. And besides, I'm out here just learning to savour playing as a mortal so don't tempt me with offers like this! 

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

@Sucuk Ekmek

On 1/1/2023 at 10:11 PM, Sucuk Ekmek said:

I am writing a fictional novel. So I have this question in my mind, do you mind if I take your mortality away and give something else you want? I can provide anything, Just say the price.

I want to become a vampire. A vampire like the ones in DnD, with the magic powers.

What would I give for immortality? My libido.

This is the test. The Supreme Initiator is waiting for your sacrifice, and if you pass - 

He'll give you both!

Edited by Eternal Unity
I want to read it!

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

Thankts for that question. Really made me think and I realized that shit, I would not trade my mortality for anything. Its like giving up infinity. Really made me appreciate death.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.